Sketch Meowclops and big news!

Jolly Jasper

What's going on? I notice the name Nexon...MapleStory of course, is that what's going on??????

doug_dohring.jpg

This guy owns Nepets now :( I dont like him, and look at the people he hires

stephanie_cameron.jpg

Mommy, she scares me...

Big whoop.He hires people. So why don't you like her? Are you sexist or just hate professional-people?

So what,they replaced the decent guy with someone from a conglomerate/corporationy person.It doesn't mean they're gonna do a bad job of it.

doug_dohring.jpg

This guy owns Nepets now :( I dont like him, and look at the people he hires

stephanie_cameron.jpg

Mommy, she scares me...

WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE PICTURES! I WANT TO SEE WHAT THE OTHERS LOOK LIKE!

i was quite surprise to see the nexon name o.o since i am playing Maple Story a lot laterly. Oh and for those of you who don't know MS it's a free to play online RPG in 2D. It's free to play but you can buy outfits, pets, haircolor changer and other stuff. you can play the game without them but your character look lot better with them. They don't add any stats they just cover your equipment. (see my character for example=>)

ms.png

(i forgot to equip the same weapon when i took the screencap)

I don't think Nexon will make neopet into comercial hell since I think neopet does have to make their money to maintaint the site and to buy new server(notice how the battledome seems to go quicker then it was at the beggining of the fight in the plot?)

As for subscribing, I don't think those who have it get to have so much more then non-subscriber, an avatar... big deal..., scratch card? so what? ok that neopet portal seems nice but i don't care. but some people care so they can help neopet be a better place even for us who pay nothing.

Consider this. You probably play neopet daily and you probably pay nothing for it. I consider neopet to be a part of my daily life and Iam ready to spend a few bucks to help it remain the nice website it is.

I agree that the lutari island and some country only stuff isn't fair... like the Neopet Magasine offer. Their was this plushie they were giving if you subscribed but only in the US... like most marchandise that we can't find anywhere(except some random drop in Wallmart...)

for those picture it's in the press kit http://info.neopets.com/presskit/

WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE PICTURES! I WANT TO SEE WHAT THE OTHERS LOOK LIKE!

LMFAO thatt made me laughh when you said that. :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley:

There is a lot of interesting information within the presskit that they have on the site (which Charmy already linked.) Like she said, the pay system that they have in MapleStory doesn't actually unbalance the game (i.e. the items don't give better stats), it just serves to add more "spice" or variety to the game, so you don't have the same six characters over and over again. At most, if they stay true to the idea, there will be some special "cash" items, like toys or clothes, and MAYBE a paintbrush or something like that.

Gunbound was much the same way (haven't played in over a year so I don't know what it's like now), they had some pretty sparkly things that you could buy with cash but didn't actually do anything besides make you look cool. Some of them were alternatively purchasable with points, or part cash/part points. It will be interesting to see where this goes, I've been thinking about picking up MapleStory again recently...

Does Gaia Online have a cash system?

Maple Story is nice but I am looking forward to the "free serv" (as i call them even if MS is free anyway) with highier rate and stuff(i hate being lev 28 i long to change class...) um i don,t think Gaia online got a cash system(I don't like this website much...)

i am wondering as well to see what kind of thing they will offer us for 5$ i suppose nothing amazing, the subscriber don't get amazing thing and they pay more then 5$ but then again...

I always been wondering if neopets will be introducing character avatars maybe this alliance with Nexon will be introducing this or perhaps neopets will be able to wear cloths XD but that would really make all the server crash XD

I can't wait to see what they will do!