Can we wear ugg boots in summer?

aderzhang

I saw many people wear ugg boots in summer, but i only wear ugg boots in winter.I indeed think ugg boots are comfy and stylish, but it's keep warm not cool.

Is it that they do not feel hot?What are you think about??

can you image: a boots shaped likes a little boat?

i saw so many UGG boots in the street, so the UGG now is so popular in the Whole world, expecially in US.

Have u ever viewed a pair of UGG boots shaped like a little boat???? it is this UGG Skimmer .

so funny boots!!!!!haha

First off, let me just say that I despise UGGS. Passionately.

However, I won't let that bias my answer for you.

I believe that with the way our society is today, being as shallow and self-obsessed as it is, those who wear UGGs in the summer do not care for comfort, but for looks. They don't give a crap if they are over heating as long as they look good.

Personally, I don't really care for Ugg boots. I also suffer from needing to wear winter boots for at least five months a year, just to not have numb feet. Ugg boots aren't warm enough for me, but if they were my winter boots, I think I would be very ready for a change of footwear after wearing the same thing for almost half the year. Actual warm winter boots are way too unfashionable, in any situation, to want to wear them any longer than necessary.

And you know, your title is asking if you can wear them.

Yeah, you can wear them. Nobody is stopping you. There aren't laws against wearing them in summer. So if you want to wear them, then wear them.

I see some people wear UGGS in the summer too, mostly with skirts or shorts here. I must think they are boiling in them, but indeed yes they CAN wear them if they want to or think it's stylish.

Personally, I wouldn't wear them in the summer, but whatever floats your boat, right?

Impending rant from someone who makes clothing and spends way too much time having to look into what people wear and how it works on their bodies:

When people wear them in the summer they pair them with shorts or skirts most often and here's the deal: By doing that you shorten the appearance of your legs and make yourself look like you have fat calves. Anyone who thinks they're being "fashionable" by wearing Uggs in the summer needs to buy themselves and mirror and actually think about how the clothing they're wearing effects their general appearance.

Uggs are good for practical use. If it's cold, wear Uggs (I personally prefer my faux-fur Demonias but each to their own), if you're a surfer and are worried about your feet getting cold while you're out of the water, wear Uggs. If it's 90 degrees Fahrenheit out and you're wearing a skirt, you shouldn't wear Uggs. If it's 90 degrees Fahrenheit out and you're like me and are always freezing anyway and are wearing, say, jeans, sure, wear Uggs.

/fashionrage

Personally... I dislike Uggs. I don't find them cute... but that's my opinion. In summer, you won't find me wearing anything EXCEPT flip flops. Pfft, even in winter, you might find me wearing flip flops. (As long as it's not freezing cold, and there's no snow.) If I wear boots at all, they're slightly heeled, dress boots. That I put with work pants or jeans, to dress them up a bit for work. And that, I'll do during summer. But that's where I draw the line.

You shouldn't wear uggs, period.

But to be more open minded; sure, go ahead, they're your feet. I wear converse in the winter (which is frowned upon ;p), so go ahead and wear uggs in the summer. :)

First off, let me just say that I despise UGGS. Passionately.

However, I won't let that bias my answer for you.

I believe that with the way our society is today, being as shallow and self-obsessed as it is, those who wear UGGs in the summer do not care for comfort, but for looks. They don't give a crap if they are over heating as long as they look good.

The irony.

they don't look good, they just look stupid.

I have never liked ugg boots, as a result I would never wear them even in winter. However at least I could understand why someone would want to wear them in winter due to the cold. But summer? that just seems ridiculous to me. Then again I do like giggling to myself over the people who do wear ugg boots in summer, so if you want to give people like me a laugh then...

No no you can't wear them, but seriously the thing I find odd is when I was in Australia they were worn as work boots and not fashionable at all, that and uggs get dirty so easily and are a pain to clean, I don't wear them I agree with imxsorryxixam give me my easy too clean all weather wear converse any day.

Uggs are okay but I do not recommend wearing them in the summer. They are good for the winter, especially during really cold months.

I think the creator of the Uggs boots, saw them and then said 'UGG!' and decided to name the boots that way. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all, the purpose of Ugg boots where they are originally from is comparable to our work boots here in the US. You know, the sand-colored Timberland kind? Most people don't wear those unless they have to. Uggs are meant to be warm winter boots/shoes. They're not designed to be cute, which they're not. I would say no to Uggs in the summer, and an even bigger no to Uggs with shorts...seasonally confused much?

• 2 weeks later...

They are just a strange choice that i do not understand, style-wise. comfort and utility wise i can get behind, but i do not understand when people think they look good in ugg's.

...Unless they are Tyrannian. XD

Oh wow. Seriously? :eh:

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in them but I guess those are just personal style choices. I don't particularly like Uggs so I'm biased already, but I see absolutely no reason why you would wear BOOTS during the summer. Not only would it be uncomfortable, it would look strange too... :sad01_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

I think the creator of the Uggs boots, saw them and then said 'UGG!' and decided to name the boots that way. :yes:

hehe, nice, I hadn't heard that one before

I do not understand when people think they look good in ugg's....Unless they are Tyrannian. XD

Haha, very nice also.

sure. I wear my uggs and converse while riding horses, so why shouldn't you be able to? Go for it :-)

Haha, when I read this, I imagined you wearing one ugg and one converse at the same time which I realize is not what you meant but non the less amusing.

To whoever said that we should consider where they're from, you are correct. Australians apparently wear them year-round, but I'm pretty sure they don't get snow there (in most parts anyways?) so they are kind of all-weather boots, but their all-weather does not usually include -30 degree C weather like in Canada. :sad01_anim:

I got a pair for Christmas some years back and only wore them because they were a gift (an expensive one at that :rolleyes_anim: ) so I felt guilty. They were lilac purple. I hated them. They made me look like Barney the Friendly Dinosaur. :laughingsmiley:

They're awful to wear in the winter, since they have absolutely no tread on the soles (save a wishy-washy wave design with soft flowing lines... not at all conducive to biting into snow/ice) and they're not even particularly warm...! My toes were always freezing off in those things. Also they're super absorbent o_O which is definitely not something that winter boots are supposed to be. Get them wet once and they have those awful salt lines on them... not cool.

I'll take boots that make me look like a Grandma that are waterproof and have ice picks on the bottom before I wear something impractical, TYVM.

Oh, and to answer the original question--I would recommend going for something that looks better, is more practical, and won't break the bank. I severely dislike people who insist on getting the newest trendy thing, sacrificing actual style and a whole lot of cash to boot... HAHA! BOOT. K done.