Drackonack Hungry Avatar

MariaWB

4 minutes ago, Midgetlegs said:

I know this is an old topic, but geeze louise, my Drack doesn't seem hungry. I finally switched to Vegan Cheese just in case, but no bites.

I did the "Cheese", Drackonack, "Cheese" thing, but it took several days of refreshing for my Dracko to eat it. Just keep refreshing. Take breaks. It will eventually eat it.

14 minutes ago, Midgetlegs said:

I know this is an old topic, but geeze louise, my Drack doesn't seem hungry. I finally switched to Vegan Cheese just in case, but no bites.

I've recently got that avatar and I thought at some points that I'd go insane.. I lost the number of times I refreshed my inventory for over 3 days. 
What you can try to make it (possibly) faster is to have: not only one cheese item and get more than 1 Drackonack.
Good luck!

On 2/25/2017 at 6:23 PM, Yuiina said:

I've recently got that avatar and I thought at some points that I'd go insane.. I lost the number of times I refreshed my inventory for over 3 days. 
What you can try to make it (possibly) faster is to have: not only one cheese item and get more than 1 Drackonack.
Good luck!

I was trying with 2 Dracks for most of it, but I wasn't sure if it'd really have any effect. I'm just glad to hear someone has gotten it recently. Whenever it takes a really long time for something to happen I always start to wonder if maybe there's an unknown glitch where it'll never happen. It took over a year for me to get the Court Jester av and I just really thought it'd never happen right up until it happened. 

• 1 year later...

I know this is a super-old thread, but if anybody's around, help!  I've been trying to get this avatar for the last 2 months now.  Have 2 Dracks, 3 cheeses, alternating, nothing else in the inventory.  One of my cheeses got randomly zapped into a pile of sludge once, but no bites.  Has anybody gotten this avatar recently or know what I'm doing wrong? (I'm using 2 wormy cheeses and an egg and cheese sandwich.)  

Or do I just keep on refreshin'...

1 hour ago, feonix4 said:

I know this is a super-old thread, but if anybody's around, help!  I've been trying to get this avatar for the last 2 months now.  Have 2 Dracks, 3 cheeses, alternating, nothing else in the inventory.  One of my cheeses got randomly zapped into a pile of sludge once, but no bites.  Has anybody gotten this avatar recently or know what I'm doing wrong? (I'm using 2 wormy cheeses and an egg and cheese sandwich.)  

Have you tried it with a Vegan Cheese? That's what did it for me. (It's a tip I got from this thread.)

5 hours ago, feonix4 said:

When I tried to get the avatar , I remember trying a "something" and cheese omelette. Personally, I don't think items that are "something" and cheese, like "egg and cheese sandwich" and "cheese and onion omelette" seem to work. I believe I got it using just "Cheese" and "Organic String Cheese". Both are relative inexpensive. I didn't get the Vegan Cheese because it was too expensive, for me. Again, personally, I think the Vegan Cheese is a Neopian "urban legend". Yes, you will get the avatar using it, but I don't think you will get it any faster. Maybe try swapping out the Egg and Cheese Sandwich for a cheese type of cheese and see what happens. It took me a while to get this one, too. You can also try having two Drackonacks in your inventory, too, to help increase your chances. I still have one, if you would like to try. I was also going for the Cheese Roller avatar at the same time, so any of those cheeses should work, too, and I have a few available - Peppermint Cheese and Spotted Cheese. Let me know.

19 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I didn't get the Vegan Cheese because it was too expensive, for me. Again, personally, I think the Vegan Cheese is a Neopian "urban legend". Yes, you will get the avatar using it, but I don't think you will get it any faster.

Urban legend or not, I got the avvie the moment I bought the Vegan Cheese and went back to check my inventory, so while it might've been pure luck/coincidence, it definitely worked for me. After two days of refreshing before buying it, I was happy I ended up spending the NP on the Vegan Cheese. (I am curious if there is a connection between which cheeses are used, or if it really is just luck.)

3 hours ago, Nielo said:

Urban legend or not, I got the avvie the moment I bought the Vegan Cheese and went back to check my inventory, so while it might've been pure luck/coincidence, it definitely worked for me. After two days of refreshing before buying it, I was happy I ended up spending the NP on the Vegan Cheese. (I am curious if there is a connection between which cheeses are used, or if it really is just luck.)

My apologies. I wasn't trying to discount anyone's post or method or ideas, but just stating my opinion. Many have gotten it using Vegan Cheese and others, like me, have gotten it without. And some still had to keep refreshing, even using Vegan Cheese.

I got it with the vegan cheese as part of my lure, I think it's definitely part of it, I think quantity is part of the equation too though, just to help it happen faster. I used 2 Drakonacks and 2 hunks of regular cheese too, I think.

*checks other thread*

Here we go.

The combo I used, after it being suggested by someone on here that it had worked fast for,  was Cheese - Drackonack - Vegan Cheese - Drackonack - Cheese and I got the avatar within 8 hours with only occasional refreshing during that time. If I'd stuck at refreshing until I got the avatar I'd probably have been able to say I got it within minutes too.

I wonder how much truth there is in needing stuff to be in a certain order in your inventory though, to me THAT seems kind of unlikely as I'd not have thought there was code to check on something like that?

Thanks all, I think I may have to try changing out my cheeses again.  I had a cheese something omelette and some other kind of cheese before too, and that wasn't working, so now I've got the cheap wormy cheese options, but I think I might have to spring for the vegan cheese.  2 months is too long to keep trying to get these Dracks to eat!  I want them out of my inventory, lol.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:26 AM, Scoobert_Doo said:

My apologies. I wasn't trying to discount anyone's post or method or ideas, but just stating my opinion. Many have gotten it using Vegan Cheese and others, like me, have gotten it without. And some still had to keep refreshing, even using Vegan Cheese.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like you were wrong, I just wanted to mention that the Vegan Cheese might be part of it, as it worked so well for me. But it's so hard to tell with this particular avvie if there's any quick/guaranteed way of getting it, or if it's really all just luck, and my luck just happened to coincide with getting the Vegan Cheese. :smile: (It's just felt too lucky not to at least mention it.)

2 hours ago, feonix4 said:

Thanks all, I think I may have to try changing out my cheeses again.  I had a cheese something omelette and some other kind of cheese before too, and that wasn't working, so now I've got the cheap wormy cheese options, but I think I might have to spring for the vegan cheese.  2 months is too long to keep trying to get these Dracks to eat!  I want them out of my inventory, lol.

(I hope I managed to send you the one I used before you spent any NP on it.) I'm really curious if getting the Vegan Cheese will help you get the avvie quicker, or if it won't have any effect at all. Be sure to let us know when you get the avatar!

3 minutes ago, Angeló said:

the Vegan Cheese is 100k !?

how long have i been hibernating ?

It's WHAT!!!  Holy heck. ?

I paid 17k for mine, I think?!

@feonix4 I have my piece of vegan cheese still - the Drackonack ate one of the other bits - wanna borrow it?

39 minutes ago, Angeló said:

the Vegan Cheese is 100k !?

how long have i been hibernating ?

That must've been a very recent development. Based on my post in the thread I linked to above, I got the avatar in August, and I definitely did not pay 100k for it. I remember paying anywhere between 7-10k for it, and based on JN's price history for it, that seems about right:

Price-history-vegan-cheese.png

A lot of items seem to have gotten a lot more expensive recently. Very annoying. ?

Whoa, I wonder what's triggered THAT‼

I also wonder how much of a jump in price an items needs to have before JN puts an inflation notice on it, as I see that doesn't have one.

Vegan Cheese is a retired item, so that might explain the price inflation. I can't find when it was retired, though, or if any "daily" may still award it, so they could be getting harder to find. As it may lead to award an avatar, that could be part of the inflation, too, just like the price of Spooky Food for the Brain Tree avatar.

(I hope I managed to send you the one I used before you spent any NP on it.) I'm really curious if getting the Vegan Cheese will help you get the avvie quicker, or if it won't have any effect at all.

@Nielo, thank you!  I did get it before I bought it, and you are so sweet!  I'll definitely let you guys know if it works, and if it doesn't get eaten, I'll send it right back :D

It worked!!!!!!

Yay, thank you!  Okay, but here was the secret: I changed out one of my worm-infested cheeses to a regular cheese, put it between the 2 drackonacks, had the worm-infested cheese on one side, and the vegan cheese on the other.  So it went, wormy cheese, drackonack, cheese, drackonack, vegan cheese.  And the cheese in the middle was the one that got eaten, in about a minute of refreshing.  So the cheese and vegan cheese combo really seems to be the secret.  

Thanks again for your help and cheese lending!! (It should have come back to you--let me know if it doesn't!)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

18 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Vegan Cheese is a retired item, so that might explain the price inflation. I can't find when it was retired, though, or if any "daily" may still award it, so they could be getting harder to find. As it may lead to award an avatar, that could be part of the inflation, too, just like the price of Spooky Food for the Brain Tree avatar.

yeah i can't find when it was retired either 

i think it used to be a prize in Dice-A-Roo

52 minutes ago, Angeló said:

yeah i can't find when it was retired either 

i think it used to be a prize in Dice-A-Roo

That would make sense as you get regular cheese from there.