Drackonack Hungry Avatar

MariaWB

Urgh that sucks...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I refreshed and refreshed and nothing happened. I just left it there and did other things. When I came back to my inventory eventually, I noticed a cheese item was gone and I had the avatar. If I got the something has happened message I totally missed it.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Does it have to be cheese and vegan cheese, or is that just the fastest way? I have some dung cheese left over from the smelly av, and so, so many avatars I still need to get on this account. Would prefer to minimize costs.

No, it doesn't have to. I used "Cheese" and "Organic String Cheese", which I purchased from the Food Shop in Neopia Central. I believe I spent 1000 NP or a little less, for both. It seems the "theory" is, it is faster to get the avatar by using "Cheese" and "Vegan Cheese". I, personally, believe it is one of those avatars that you get in its own time, but you will (eventually) get it. If you wish, I have plenty of "Quadruple Fudge Cheese" and "Peppermint Cheese" I obtained by trying/getting the "Techo - Cheesy" avatar and am willing to send one of each to you. It can be a frustrating avatar to get, but it will happen.

I actually got it relatively quickly. I just pressed F5 (the refresh button on your keyboard) about 2-3 times a second for about half a minute, and after that I got it. You don't necessarily have to wait for the page to load, every time you press refresh counts :) Mabye this helps.

No, it doesn't have to. I used "Cheese" and "Organic String Cheese", which I purchased from the Food Shop in Neopia Central. I believe I spent 1000 NP or a little less, for both. It seems the "theory" is, it is faster to get the avatar by using "Cheese" and "Vegan Cheese". I, personally, believe it is one of those avatars that you get in its own time, but you will (eventually) get it. If you wish, I have plenty of "Quadruple Fudge Cheese" and "Peppermint Cheese" I obtained by trying/getting the "Techo - Cheesy" avatar and am willing to send one of each to you. It can be a frustrating avatar to get, but it will happen.

Thank you :) I'll send back whichever one the hungry dude doesnt eat!

• 2 months later...

Facing this annoying avatar now hahaha. I have the feeling my items were placed in the wrong order or so. By the way, if other items are in the eventory would it affect the petpet eating the cheese?

Facing this annoying avatar now hahaha. I have the feeling my items were placed in the wrong order or so. By the way, if other items are in the eventory would it affect the petpet eating the cheese?

If there are other food items in your inventory that are not cheese and the petpet eats one of those you won't get the avatar. So only keep cheese items in your inventory to increase your chances of your Drackonack eating a cheese item. Good luck on getting the avatar! :)

I need to try this one again.

Thanks Mouseykins! I never knew Dracknorack could eat other food items too LOL  :whaa:

Anyway I'd like to share a trick I discovered. If after many days and the Dracknorack still hasn't eaten any cheese, put them all back into the SDB again. And then take them out in any order, and re-fresh about 10 times.

I got mine when I did that after many days of uneaten Cheese.

• 3 months later...

Bringing this topic up again (hope it's allowed, didn't see anything about it in forum rules), because I have some questions about this avvie. I'm trying to get it, and I've been refreshing for about 3 hours to no avail. I have the Cheese, Drackonack, Vegan Cheese set up going on, with nothing else in my inventory (except trading items).

Anyway, questions:

- Does having anything non-food in your inventory affect the chances? 

- Does just pressing the refresh button count as a refresh, even if the page doesn't load? I have moderately slow internet, takes about 1-2 seconds for a page to load. I'm wondering if smashing the refresh button would even allow the refresh to register (I've just been refreshing after the page completely loads).

- Do you have to be refreshing the inventory page only, or does just browsing around the site still allow the RE to pop up?

I've also tried the SDB method stated above, that hasn't worked either.

I'm not complaining, just curious if I can expedite the process.

*goes back to patient zombie-refreshing mode*

Interesting.... in light of a recently posted topic about holding down f5, should I be worried about getting banned? It sounds like a common occurrence to get banned for holding f5. 0.o

• 1 year later...