The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I think Bluerang hit the nail on the head to be honest. Here are several artist renditions of the new Pokmeon I found:

newpokes.png

I'm certain those will be leaves on the tail of the slender Pokemon. And I got a feeling that we are going to have a fire pig as a starter.

Not sure how I feel about the silhouettes in general though. Guess we will have to wait for the official artwork.

Also, I highly believe there will be an option to bring out Pokemon and have them follow you. A couple of poor spriters had to sit there and make almost 500 overworld sprites of Pokemon, each with frames of animation. I would want them to be used in another game, ahah.

The starter pattern is always grass, fire, water. This holds true for all the art that they're in together, the order they're in when presented to you in game, and in the dex. So it's pretty safe to say that it holds true here.

Meeptroid- That fire pig looks awesome ohh I really want a fire pig now.

I still kinda want them to have different types for the starter pokemon. Idk. I want something different than the grass/fire/water combo for once.

That's not going to happen. Aside from the need for the circular strength/weakness pattern (of which there are only three sets others that do this), those three represent classic elements, plus it's traditional.

I know they probably have no intention of changing the starter types, but there are other types that could work just as well. and just because they won't use different types isn't going to stop me from wishing they would.

Fair point. xD I do think it'd be intresting for them to reverse the type circle by giving them subtypes of another circle. Sort of like how Infernape can use it's fighting subtype to cream Empoleon's steel, only with the the grass starter having one strong to fighting and weak to steel (and I'm not sure that's even possible with the given types, but you get the idea)

Okay, guess that is true :) Bah I don't like that fire starter. I sure hope it looks different with the real art.

That would be the first fire starter I don't like :crying: :P

Just bought Heart Gold plus Pokewalker! I need opinions: which starter should I choose?!

Well if you have a personal favorite of the three, go for it ^_^ Or go by the difficulty level you wanna play throughout your adventure (mainly concerning the Johto region)

Easy time: Pick Cyndaquil

Mediocre time: Pick Totodile

Harder time: Pick Chikorita

No, I think Bluerang hit the nail on the head to be honest. Here are several artist renditions of the new Pokmeon I found:

newpokes.png

I'm certain those will be leaves on the tail of the slender Pokemon. And I got a feeling that we are going to have a fire pig as a starter.

Not sure how I feel about the silhouettes in general though. Guess we will have to wait for the official artwork.

Also, I highly believe there will be an option to bring out Pokemon and have them follow you. A couple of poor spriters had to sit there and make almost 500 overworld sprites of Pokemon, each with frames of animation. I would want them to be used in another game, ahah.

Those, are SICK!!! OMG!!! Like really. The only one I have an issue with is the grass, actually, scratch that (: Anyway, I heard people say that if it's a Fire Pig, they'll call it BBQ, quite fitting really :laughingsmiley: I'm sharing this with PokeCommunity, they'll love it. Actually, the ears are quite awkward...

No way Totodile kicks butt. Just choose your fav, Buffy Freak. It's not like you have to stick with that pokemon the whole game.

Anime- That would be neat. Maybe it would even make people more interested in learning about type advantages and stuff like that.

by the way, how do you guys know which type it which? They're just silhouettes.

Like I explained (though I think it ended up on the last page), the order for all offical art with all the starters (as well as the dex order and the order you see them in when you pick one) is grass, fire, water. Fire tends to end up in front of the other two, but still in the middle. So it's safe to assume that that holds true here as well.

Zapdos, Skarmory, Gardevoir. Really, they're not that hard...

Argh, more spelling errors. I suffer from spelling and pronoucing pokemon wrong :P. And I'm aware of how easy they are. They are each already at 75+.

And about the starters, so far I don't like them. But like said above me, let's wait.

I'm shocked no one's posted this- Serebii has the CoroCoro leak of the offical starter iamges up! The grass type is a bit hard to see, but the water is cute and I'm actually partial to the fire pig there.

The Grass is definitely the best, but people are more of Fire lovers so they'll go for that. However, I'm more of a Grass and Water person, but I hate the Water one. What were they thinking!? I so wanted to like Fire type, but I prefer the Grass :(

On another note, the protagonists look good, I'm in love with the female one :D

oh my god that water thing is hilariously cute fff. Looks like it could be part ice maybe. I knew they wouldn't let me down with the grass one. The silhouette was too cool to ruin.

Also why do they keep making these girls look ridiculous. Def choosing the guy this time.

Please keep on using the spoiler tags for images regarding unreleased events people.

I don't like how they made the huge thing on the head the nose (with the grass starter)... If you look at the sketches, that looks a lot more, eh.. normal?

The eye just doesn't work.

The guy is a perfectly normal Shonen-type male.... but the girl has a fountain for hiar. Freaky. And what's with her shorts? I like her boots though. xD

I actually like the fire type. It's cute. x3 The water type is a bit meh, but doable. And the grass type... It looks like they were aiming for something quetzalcoatl-esque, but the fact that it had to be cute at stage 1 kinda skewed that. Let's hope it'll be cooler later.