Petpage Applications

tempdisplay

I agree that petpage apps should be banned. They are entirely unfair to users who aren't fluent in coding and graphics. I can't code to save my life, that's why I never apply for a pet. I also don't want to get my hopes up for nothing. I'd prefer to create/paint/morph my own pets, as it gives more satisfaction.

One person gets chosen, and the others do not. That's the name of the game, folks. :guiltysmiley:

This. Competitions such as this ALWAYS feel unfair to the losers. Sorry to put it that way, but that's just how it is.

And another thing I'd like to say about html/css skills: It's NOT about skills in either of those fields, or any others. Why does getting a premade petpage, or even requesting one, seem so impossible to you people? The quality of a page (because of coding, artwork, stories, etc.) does not constitute responsibility, but rather dedication. It takes WORK to make a sizable page, and owners realize this. There's no way for them to look at responsibility because that could be glossed over by an applicant feeding their pets for the first time in two years. Instead, owners look for the next best thing, which of course WOULD be the amount of effort put into it. And they figure that the more someone wants a pet, the more they would try.

Coding too difficult? Impossible? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one, even though I personally think that anyone could learn basic html/css. Regardless, why not make an elaborate story? Build a gallery? Tell the owner how you plan to customize the pet? Rather than complaining and doing nothing to help yourself, DO SOMETHING. No one can pity a person who just sits there and complains without taking any steps to help themselves.

I'd also like to reiterate that petpage applications are never required for adopting pets. In fact, the owners are strictly prohibited from requiring ANYTHING of the applicants. You could send the application in via neomail, or even on a bland page if it's too long. Intricate petpage applications are not the only way to go.

As you mentioned in another post, who cares what other people do - it's their decision. So why are you chastising people who dislike elaborate applications? lol

Why does getting a premade petpage, or even requesting one, seem so impossible to you people? Rather than complaining and doing nothing to help yourself, DO SOMETHING.

I'm greating confused as to how you came to this conclusion and why you feel the need to make this assumption. Most of the people here openly said that they are against elaborate apps, and prefer neomail applications. o_O

Besides, who even said they were applying for a pet in the first place? lol It's just our opinions on applications in general. lol

This. Competitions such as this ALWAYS feel unfair to the losers. Sorry to put it that way, but that's just how it is.

Why does getting a premade petpage, or even requesting one, seem so impossible to you people?

Rather than complaining and doing nothing to help yourself, DO SOMETHING. No one can pity a person who just sits there and complains without taking any steps to help themselves.

Yeah...it's like you're trying on purpose to make people mad.

I just wanted to point out to you that no one is going to want to talk to you if you keep this up. ;)

People, I'm going to have to remind you all again: this is a debate topic, and as such participants are expected to debate on the topic at hand. Personal attacks of any sort are unacceptable. Even if you feel personally insulted by a post, please move past it and focus on responding on any valid points that were fielded. Fighting fire with fire is not the way to go.

If this topic gets out of hand, moderators will have to step in. And quite frankly, it's a shame to have to shut down a healthy debate.

I think I've watched this debate from the sidelines long enough.

First of all, guys, please calm down. You don't need to feel offended by any points being made, and you certainly don't need to be chastising others for their beliefs. This is supposed to be a friendly debate, but from what I'm seeing, it's quickly turning hostile because some of you seem to be associating bad points with bad people.

Now, rather than attack the person, attack the issue. I personally have nothing against petpage applications; I've never tried to make one, and I never will--it doesn't interest me. However, a few mishaps among conflicting users does not justify banning them. They aren't required, and from what I've read, you can't make them required. So what's the problem? If you don't want to do a petpage app, don't. Write a neomail or create a story about the pet you want--show the owner that you can be creative and responsible. If someone wants to make a petpage app, let them. It's their decision, and who are we to tell them they can't do that?

Of course, there will always be someone who acts like a jerk and says "lol jk im not trading the pet" (something to that effect), even after multiple people have poured their energy into whatever application they made for that pet. This can happen with anything they make--petpage apps, stories, artwork, basic neomails, etc. But the point is, just because there are people that act like that, it doesn't justify banning the whole application process. You apply for a pet at your own risk, knowing full well that the owner can just as quickly decide to reject all applications and keep the pet at any time.

I don't know where and when the idea of petpage apps originated, but I have to say it's rather creative. Even if you can't make those apps, you can be just as creative through written word. Not all owners will accept just flashy graphics and neon pictures--they might want someone who can eloquently write a unique story or poem. Heck, there are probably still owners who will accept just a simple neomail saying "Hey, I'll take care of the pet and not ever trade it."

Yes, there will be rejected people. There has to be, since there is only one pet to go around. There will sometimes be someone who worked harder than your or appealed to the owner more--this changes based on who you're sending your applications to. But does this mean that, because someone worked harder and another got rejected, petpage apps should be banned? Absolutely not. What if most owners suddenly decided that short stories were the best way to apply for pets? Does this mean they should be banned because not everyone can write efficiently? No. Everyone has their own forte, but I'm guessing that a lot of owners just prefer petpage apps over everything else. This isn't the rejected person's fault, the accepted person's fault, or even the owner's fault. It's not really a fault at all, but a matter of preference and taste. If you stick to what you're good at, whether that be petpage apps, artwork, stories, or persuasive skills, you'll have a better chance of winning that dream pet of yours. You'll eventually find what you want if you keep trying and accept the fact that you probably will fail the first few times. But this is why goals exist--if everyone could achieve them on the first attempt, they wouldn't be called "goals", but rather little tasks on your to-do list.

Lastly, if you're just fed up with being rejected and don't want to go down the application route anymore, there's always the old-fashioned "save your money" trick. You'd be amazed at how much you can save over time if you cut down a little on your spending habits. ;)

Oh, goodness, I'm not attacking anyone. If I were I'd be name-calling and whatnot, but I can't help it if people are overly sensitive, much less apologize for it. All I'm saying now is that there's no point in complaining about something if you don't intend to do anything. (Make a gallery, write a story, show off your account, etc.) I actually have no personal feelings attached to this subject at all. XD The only thing that bothers me is the general act of, as I said before, complaining without taking action.

But there's really not much left for me to say, and I don't intend on going in circles anymore. If another point is brought up then I'd be happy to debate it. If not, then I'm done with the back-and-forth.

• 3 weeks later...

I've applied for one pet. My dream is to have a faerie xweetok with an attached faerie mazzew. I've got the faerie mazzew and am waiting until I can buy from the HT to get my faerie paintbrush so I can get the avatar out of the way as I paint my pet.

Petpage applications seem unfair. People go to extreme lengths, write poetry and stories about the pet, draw pictures of how happy they'll be when the pet is with them, fluff their applications, and all sorts of things.

I once put my Island Kacheek UFA. I said I didn't need applications but the users could create one if they would like. A girl neomailed me with a very detailed application about why she wanted my kacheek, and I figured that since she spent so much time on her application, she would be a very dedicated owner. It turns out she just wanted my kacheek for the clothing. It's now rotting on her side account. :/

I've applied for one pet. My dream is to have a faerie xweetok with an attached faerie mazzew. I've got the faerie mazzew and am waiting until I can buy from the HT to get my faerie paintbrush so I can get the avatar out of the way as I paint my pet.

I may have mis-read your post, but if you're waiting to buy a Faerie PB from the Hidden Tower, Faerie PBs are no longer sold there. They were retired from there a few years ago. They old have Baby, Royal, and Darigan in the HT I think.

• 1 year later...

*I'm sorry if I miss something, I didn't read the 3 pages of toppic*

But I'll have to disagree with you guys.

I love to make APPs, even when is hard, takes a lot of time to make them and you cannot win them all

I applied for 7 hissis, 1 maraquan gelert, 1 krawk, 5 draiks and 1 royal pb custom.

Well, you can win but also may lost with your APPs.

That's life, and you should overcome it.

If you really want the pet, you won't mind and you won't stop until you get them, specially if is one of your dreams.

If you're smart too, you would recicle your failed APPs and only change the names XD

But if you don't try, you won't get the pets, just that simple!

I came back from troubleshooting-hiatus and had to start again from zero, with no pets or NP it all.

1 year and 4 months after starting to look for all my dream pets, I'm only 2 paintbrushes far to complete a list of 20 huge dreammies. How about that?

Put some efford on your wishes guys: People does adopt out pets.

I've done that with some *no-way-cheap* pets.

But if you're planning on applying for, a draik or an UC, to say, the application requeriment is *God*

Not NM APP.

You say that is imposible that an owner choose NM APPs over petpage ones...

May happen, anyway, that those cruel fosters give the pet to their friends, ignoring the APP that tooks you weeks to make

*Points straight to _gelatinosidad_ and Zyniq*

Those things happens... XD

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't bump any topics that haven't been posted in long time.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.