Altador Cup V team discussion!

Guest Lost Deserter

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in Team Shenkuu :graduated:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

We finally won something substantial! *faints*

Moltara was the hardest team to play against, for me, thus far. Their defense is far better than expected.

Good round :)

How'd everyone else do?

l think SK WILL win, but oh no, not a sweep. Closer to a draw infact, and SK DEFINATLEY wont win SS and MSN today. HW vs SK anyone?

We won all but one of the games and that one was a draw! :D

LET'S GO SHENKUU!

When you see Moltara lose to Faerieland, you know they're off to a bad start :laughingsmiley: good luck to all other teams out there!

I knew we had it in us ^^

RI should be easy too

and i agree, some brutal defense on MT

Psh, you wish. Roo Island is not going to sit back and be beaten. I think you will find us more difficult to beat than you expect.

Moltara was the hardest team to play against, for me, thus far. Their defense is far better than expected.

Actually, MQ is playing Moltara now. Their defence is actually easy once you find their blind spot. Then you can penitrate through and score the easy goal.

In this weeks editorial, TNT stated that people who join a team but don't play have no affect on the results.

So the freeloader theory is... well.. squashed.

I was wondering: would it be possible for TNT to show us how the scores are calculated during the Altador Cup? After the first day of the AC a lot of us are confused by how some smaller teams overtook very large teams. This would definitely clear up a lot of confusion and take away the accusations that the Altador Cup is fixed. :P Please and thank you! ~redlust

Hi! As we have to say every year, we can't explain our algorithm to you guys, and the Altador Cup has never, ever been rigged in any way. Whether your team wins or loses is all up to your team's efforts. It's completely out of our hands. Also, bigger teams don't have an advantage; it's all about how well your active team members play. Trust us, we were quite surprised ourselves when we looked at how the results were coming along the first day! Lastly, please... don't harass your team members - encourage them! There's still plenty of time to turn the tide! Good luck to all teams

Exactly. My prediction was right when I said SK would become freeloader city. KI is too, but they still have enough good players to stop them from falling as badly as HW or RI.

Oh, and we (SK) don't? >.>

Not much faith in us, huh? You guys are rather quick to brush us off as a 3rd/4th tier team this year. :/

Freeloaders aren't the reason for SK's performance so far. In fact, the people that join and don't play any games don't do anything. That people that play 1-2 games per day for the avatar and send extremely low scores do. THAT is why SK's doing poorly. Too many newbies and these pseudo-freeloaders and not enough All-Stars (not that we have very few All-Stars; I can think of around 50 people, including myself, that were All-Stars last year that are still on SK, and we probably got more this year) to balance everything out.

However, I'm thinking things might turn around soon. ;) I am an avid poster on the Shenkuu Scoreboard, and I've noticed the veterans and newbies are starting to sync. The newbies are becoming more motivated (many didn't even know you could send more than five scores per day) and improving, we're churning out those marathon boards, and we're starting to figure out what scores to shoot for. Furthermore, the pseudo-freeloaders I mentioned earlier might stop playing, so the "real" players can get higher scores and increase our average. On the flip side, people on other teams might see us as an easy win and slack off.

I'm trying for the achievements but I'm sending some nice MSN and SS scores. I definitely am not a freeloader. I'm actually a lot more active this year though because I finally understand how to play the games well.

Oh, and we (SK) don't? >.>

Not much faith in us, huh? You guys are rather quick to brush us off as a 3rd/4th tier team this year. :/

Freeloaders aren't the reason for SK's performance so far. In fact, the people that join and don't play any games don't do anything. That people that play 1-2 games per day for the avatar and send extremely low scores do. THAT is why SK's doing poorly. Too many newbies and these pseudo-freeloaders and not enough All-Stars (not that we have very few All-Stars; I can think of around 50 people, including myself, that were All-Stars last year that are still on SK, and we probably got more this year) to balance everything out.

However, I'm thinking things might turn around soon. ;) I am an avid poster on the Shenkuu Scoreboard, and I've noticed the veterans and newbies are starting to sync. The newbies are becoming more motivated (many didn't even know you could send more than five scores per day) and improving, we're churning out those marathon boards, and we're starting to figure out what scores to shoot for. Furthermore, the pseudo-freeloaders I mentioned earlier might stop playing, so the "real" players can get higher scores and increase our average. On the flip side, people on other teams might see us as an easy win and slack off.

I was wondering where you dissipeared to...

Actually, a lot of people join teams and do nothing so they can have a trophy in their lookup while having everyone else do all the work (hence the name Freeloader), and since many people believe SK to win the title (the 2nd to 1st theory has yet to fail), they joined on their bandwagon. It's not that I don't have faith in SK (I actually consider myself a fan), but if people *coughfreeloaders* don't start working, SK won't be finnishing even in the first tier, making this year the first time SK has placed lower than 4th, and the first time the 2nd to 1st theory would be wrong. And I never called you a freeloader Shane.

Actually, most newbies are headed toward the newbie city, Moltara.

TNT has stated that freeloaders do absolutely nothing to hurt a team. However, TNT's definition of a freeloader is someone that joins a team and doesn't play the games. The user's definition of a freeloader is different: someone that joins a team and plays very few games. It's the latter that hurts us. The former does not.

I also recall TNT saying that scores depended on how "active" users do or something like that. :/

OH YEAH! I feel great after beating MI. I was half-expecting them to sweep us even though I know it's illogical...

Too bad we have to face RI now. I don't want have to fight with another annoying defener. -Glares at Gordon-

o.O Woah, we won. Barely, but it's something.

At least MQ has the 2x2 formation so we don't have to deal with that annoying Skeith. :P

o.O Woah, we won. Barely, but it's something.

At least MQ has the 2x2 formation so we don't have to deal with that annoying Skeith. :P

You can say that again haha

He's a sneaky guy lol

Kind of nervous for today, but should be interesting since a lot of people have the day off. :D

Actually, most newbies are headed toward the newbie city, Moltara.

Hey now, both my friend and I are relatively entitled to be called veterans... I don't know, Moltara seemed like a good call at the time. <_< And I'm easily persuaded. She persuaded me. She said 'go' and I went. Like a good dog.... v.v

Also, I would have thought most of those who don't play much have better reasons for it (such as school or other activities with higher priorities) but would still want to contribute what they can to their AC teams. I mean, how hard is it to figure out you can post more than 5 scores? :laughingsmiley:

Ahem... no offense to those who didn't know. >.>

OH YEAH! I feel great after beating MI. I was half-expecting them to sweep us even though I know it's illogical...

Too bad we have to face RI now. I don't want have to fight with another annoying defener. -Glares at Gordon-

YEAH! DC for the CUP!! :woot: We r totally going 2 pwn roo island 2day!

TNT has stated that freeloaders do absolutely nothing to hurt a team. However, TNT's definition of a freeloader is someone that joins a team and doesn't play the games. The user's definition of a freeloader is different: someone that joins a team and plays very few games. It's the latter that hurts us. The former does not.

I also recall TNT saying that scores depended on how "active" users do or something like that. :/

Actually, my definition is TNT's definition. And if there's more inactive players than active, and there's tons more active players on the other team, what's going to happen.

I figured MQ would sweep Moltara. I'm glad we did because their defence was quite easy to get through once I found the blind spot.