TNT To Raise Trading Post Limit?

hrtbrk

In today's editorial, a user asked TNT if they will ever consider raising the neopoint limit on the trading post to something higher. Their response was that they're aware of the situation and they're currently discussing how high they should potentially raise it to.

"TNT staff, since many of your staff members play Neopets on other accounts, they will know the limits on the amount of Neopoints that can be sent through the Trading Post and auctions. They will also know that many items now cost hundreds of millions of Neopoints, and thousands go over 800,000 (the current limit on the Trading Post). Will these limits ever be changed in response to the economy?

We have discussed this recently (along with some other economy-related ideas) and just want to let you know we are completely aware of the circumstances, and are gathering information before deciding if we should up the limits (and, if we do, to what extent)."

broken_bag_np.gif

What would be a good price to raise it to? 1 million nps? Have it be unlimited? Tell us your thoughts!

It seems kind of silly to have a limit of any amount at all, especially with so many items priced way over that (as stated in the OP). People can just ask for whatever amount they want, and who can stop them?

Or am I wrong? Is there some kind of point to the limit that I am missing? :guiltysmiley:

It seems kind of silly to have a limit of any amount at all, especially with so many items priced way over that (as stated in the OP). People can just ask for whatever amount they want, and who can stop them?

Or am I wrong? Is there some kind of point to the limit that I am missing? :guiltysmiley:

I wondered about the limit thing myself. I don't really understand why there is one.

I think it would be great if they made it higher. It would be easier for both buyers and sellers of more expensive items. I figure having to do auctions for them has to get rather annoying.

I agree with many people here - the limit seems like it doesn't serve much of a function. All it does is prevent expensive items from being traded, but the trading will only go on in the form of auctions. It only creates a hassle for buyers and sellers. I would understand if they'd increase the limit to maybe 2 million or even higher, but 800K is really low. :3

I'm glad someone pointed this out to TNT. The 800k limit is pretty much useless (doesn't slow down scammers at all) and it gets in the way now for people who just want to trade expensive things for pure neopoints.

Hope they change or get rid of the limit soon...

Ideally I would say no limit. Really though, I would rather see the economy be fixed from the other end-supply. I would like to see the uber-inflated items be rereleased in some form. Introduce more MSPPTCG, SuAP, etc. I know they put some Chokato (TCG)'s in the money tree a few weeks/months ago, and it lowered the price. I was happy about that move.

That's not what is being offered or discussed, though. I say increase the limit to either unlimited, or make it a lot larger, in the ballpark of 10 million, which would cover a LOT more items that are commonly bought.

I also was not aware there was a NP limit on auctions. What is it?

Like most people here, I've wondered why there was a limit too.

Ideally I would say no limit. Really though, I would rather see the economy be fixed from the other end-supply. I would like to see the uber-inflated items be rereleased in some form. Introduce more MSPPTCG, SuAP, etc. I know they put some Chokato (TCG)'s in the money tree a few weeks/months ago, and it lowered the price. I was happy about that move.

That's not what is being offered or discussed, though. I say increase the limit to either unlimited, or make it a lot larger, in the ballpark of 10 million, which would cover a LOT more items that are commonly bought.

I also was not aware there was a NP limit on auctions. What is it?

I think both would be nice - unlimited limit (unless there's some good reason I'm unaware of for a limit), and something about the crazy amount on inflation that has happened the last few years. It's kind of discouraging. It shouldn't be easy to reach all your goals, but it seems almost impossible to get enough NP (unless you're really lucky with the stocks or other things, or are a super good RSer) to even get a goal like a Krawk or a Draik or some of the super-expensive avatars.

It was crazy coming back a few months ago after being absent from neopets for a few years and seeing things double or triple in price.

There's a limit on auctions? I thought that there was no auction limit. :worried:

i am in complete agreement with you guys. i mean auctioning stuff gets sooo troublesome sometimes as opposed to the TP where everything is simple and straightforward.

and if someone hacked an account and wanted to sell everything quickly surely the TP limit isnt slowing them down like at all?

I think both would be nice - unlimited limit (unless there's some good reason I'm unaware of for a limit), and something about the crazy amount on inflation that has happened the last few years. It's kind of discouraging. It shouldn't be easy to reach all your goals, but it seems almost impossible to get enough NP (unless you're really lucky with the stocks or other things, or are a super good RSer) to even get a goal like a Krawk or a Draik or some of the super-expensive avatars.

It was crazy coming back a few months ago after being absent from neopets for a few years and seeing things double or triple in price.

i wholeheartedly agree with you both.

the real problem here isnt tp limits, i is the fact the neconomy is as bad as the economy i deal with as an american

i have been saving for a candychan petpet since like, '03, and every time i look it up i feel like it goes up another mill.

even after years of play i still feel like a lower middle class neopian with 3 baby pets and an adopted chia.

why is it that i need to spend HOURS rsing at a shop to even meet ONE of my long-term goals in less than.... 5 years?

what does tnt gain out of this? does the rs-er's refresh rate really outweigh the impact it would have to have a ton of old players return to complete goal that are FINALLY reachable??

im not saying we should hand out draik eggs left and right but i mean seriously, 13 MILL for one pet?!?

i make 50k in a week and i feel like daddy warbucks

i was looking up ways to get a krawk the other day and came across an old guide, a few years old at least

it told me it would take the MORE EXPENSIVE way to get a krawk cost 2 mill!

/rant

sorry about the angry first post hahaha

If they moved it to something like 3 million that would make things much easier as that would cover more of the paintbrushes that are sold. I also don't see much of the point in having a limit at all though...although no limit would make the auctions a little bit defunct.

i wholeheartedly agree with you both.

the real problem here isnt tp limits, i is the fact the neconomy is as bad as the economy i deal with as an american

i have been saving for a candychan petpet since like, '03, and every time i look it up i feel like it goes up another mill.

even after years of play i still feel like a lower middle class neopian with 3 baby pets and an adopted chia.

why is it that i need to spend HOURS rsing at a shop to even meet ONE of my long-term goals in less than.... 5 years?

what does tnt gain out of this? does the rs-er's refresh rate really outweigh the impact it would have to have a ton of old players return to complete goal that are FINALLY reachable??

im not saying we should hand out draik eggs left and right but i mean seriously, 13 MILL for one pet?!?

i make 50k in a week and i feel like daddy warbucks

i was looking up ways to get a krawk the other day and came across an old guide, a few years old at least

it told me it would take the MORE EXPENSIVE way to get a krawk cost 2 mill!

/rant

sorry about the angry first post hahaha

Oh, I agree with the economy part! Unfortunately you are saying that the item you're looking for are like 15 million, or going up by 1 million. The item I've been trying to get for the past 6 years is currently selling at nearly 80 million NP and has gone up nearly 10 million NP a year. That's inflation out of control right there! I can make about 3 million in a year if I really try. There is no way I can ever get something that goes up at least 3x times faster than I make NP. :( I would love it if some of the items went down to a more reasonable level, or if they just stopped going up for a while!

The auction limit is currently something like 20 million NP (10 million starting point and 10 million increment increase), but I think that is actually all you can ask for, and after that it can go up if people continue to bid, but I'm not sure about that last part.

TNT claims that the limits are there to make things harder on scammers, but I think that it means it makes it harder for them to ask for more NP for a bad item rather than limit how quickly they can transfer NP between accounts. After all, if someone falls for a scam saying that they can get a 1 million NP item for only the 800K limit, but it is really just a 10K item, at least they cannot be scammed for higher than the 800k. The auction limit is probably to try to prevent groups from rigging the auctions to get higher prices for less expensive items, or otherwise fix prices.

I don't think there should be any limit. There's no really good reason for it.

As for inflation, I think they should give out some of these items in random events. Giving stuff out at the money tree just rewards the type of people who are going to the money tree. :guiltysmiley:

The auction limit is currently something like 20 million NP (10 million starting point and 10 million increment increase), but I think that is actually all you can ask for, and after that it can go up if people continue to bid, but I'm not sure about that last part.

TNT claims that the limits are there to make things harder on scammers, but I think that it means it makes it harder for them to ask for more NP for a bad item rather than limit how quickly they can transfer NP between accounts. After all, if someone falls for a scam saying that they can get a 1 million NP item for only the 800K limit, but it is really just a 10K item, at least they cannot be scammed for higher than the 800k. The auction limit is probably to try to prevent groups from rigging the auctions to get higher prices for less expensive items, or otherwise fix prices.

if anything these limits enable scamming, saw theres an item like... illusens staff, worth 200m, its put up for auction with a 20m limit? if the buyer so chooses, and the seller isnt careful, he may make out paying 10% of what the item is worth!

As for inflation, I think they should give out some of these items in random events. Giving stuff out at the money tree just rewards the type of people who are going to the money tree. :guiltysmiley:

agreed, its the 'refreshers' who are making a ton of money to begin with

and with the money tree, either a babysitter is gonna get it, or someone who doesnt know its true value.

or they could even just release more rare items in the store. this would make for at least a slight drop in prices

if they all of a sudden release 50 candychan into neopia IMAGINE what that would do to the price!

sure itd still be a few mill, but obtainable!

I think people should just lower the prices on things. To me it is retarted to have items so highly priced. There aren't that many people, I don't think, that have billions of neopoints or millions for that matter. I sure don't. So you could just keep the limits the same or make them a little higher but have people lower their prices to the limit if they want to sell or trade stuff.

I think people should just lower the prices on things. To me it is retarted to have items so highly priced. There aren't that many people, I don't think, that have billions of neopoints or millions for that matter. I sure don't. So you could just keep the limits the same or make them a little higher but have people lower their prices to the limit if they want to sell or trade stuff.

I have to disagree with you about that. If you put in the effort, you can earn your millions. Me, I've earned over 4 million in just 4 months. (i currently have 2.8, but i've spent a bunch on a variety of stuff).

Neopets is designed to reward those who play a lot more, and I play several hours a day while I am letting reactions run in my lab. Take a look at something like training your pet in the battledome. If you can train every 4 hours, how long will it take to get to a high level battledome pet with a thousand HP? It's unfair of you to say that you want to put no effort into a long-term gain and have the same access to prestige as those who have worked at it for years. The economy is based on supply and demand, which shoots prices for the most desired items very high, as there is no or little supply coming into the market, and demand is high and items are not recirculating once bought. You can't ask users to lower price, as demand makes the price that high. What you can do is increase supply, which will then decrease price, as people won't be willing to pay such a premium for it.

It's great that they're aware of the neoconomy and they're going to try to even it out. Raising the limit is awesome but I'm just not sure what would be good? 1 million seems far too low, and unlimited seems a tad outrageous.

I'd be in favor of them raising it anywhere between 5-7.5 million.

Alright, obviously there is a confusion as to why there is a limit to how much you can bid on a post. You have to look at it just like a real economy. Neopians "work" everyday to get neopoints, and they spend neopoints in shops or other things similarly. At the same time, there's the pant devil, the ghosts, old accounts, and other events that remove neopoints from circulation. It's a cycle. When there isn't enough destruction to equal the money output, then we have more money and things start to inflate. Neopets helps cause inflation themselves whenever they give us lots of score sends a day.

If we could solve everything with money, then in order to balance things out TDN would have less items to destroy, so suddenly random events might be able to take tens of thousands at the same time. They would also have to lower the NP ratios on games.

This could be fixed by lowering shop prices and lowering the np ratio on all games slightly, this leaves less spending money for people to use. This would cause trouble though, because people that already have millions would in a sense be richer.

Asking for the limit to be completely is asking for a neopia ruled by billionares, and for TP prices to raise exponentially on unbuyables such as lutari beads and smugglers cove items. If someone wants billions for something now, they might want quadrillions in pure.

The limit should be raised to about 1 million.

Alright, obviously there is a confusion as to why there is a limit to how much you can bid on a post. You have to look at it just like a real economy. Neopians "work" everyday to get neopoints, and they spend neopoints in shops or other things similarly. At the same time, there's the pant devil, the ghosts, old accounts, and other events that remove neopoints from circulation. It's a cycle. When there isn't enough destruction to equal the money output, then we have more money and things start to inflate. Neopets helps cause inflation themselves whenever they give us lots of score sends a day.

If we could solve everything with money, then in order to balance things out TDN would have less items to destroy, so suddenly random events might be able to take tens of thousands at the same time. They would also have to lower the NP ratios on games.

This could be fixed by lowering shop prices and lowering the np ratio on all games slightly, this leaves less spending money for people to use. This would cause trouble though, because people that already have millions would in a sense be richer.

Asking for the limit to be completely is asking for a neopia ruled by billionares, and for TP prices to raise exponentially on unbuyables such as lutari beads and smugglers cove items. If someone wants billions for something now, they might want quadrillions in pure.

The limit should be raised to about 1 million.

You make good points about the economy. However, if i have an item like lutari beads that I know is worth millions, I can still sell it and get the full amount, and cheat if i wanted to by asking for more than its worth. so really, removing the limit is not going to change anything.