IT'S HERE - Part 6!

Samuel

the punctuation thing is driving me CRAZY!!!!

EDIT: Cannot believe it. I actually figured this thing out!

but wait. isn't it 5 to the power of 9? as in every time there are 5 choices, and 5 * 5 * 5 * 5 etc. so... that would be 1935125 combos!!! *faints*

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there are WAY too many possible combinations for any of us to try on own own (9^5=59049)

anyone want to get organized and delegate the possible combinations out?

I think we are going to have to work together to beat this boss :P

we could like block out the first six attacks, delegating that block to an individual.

to "complete" that block they would only need to go through 3^5 (243) combinations and then it would be off of everyone's lists of possible combos.

See the problem with this is...if you find the right one....you can't tell anyone else what the answer is!! So you CAN'T work together, it is against the rules to do so, right? It IS a lot of combinations though so....*sigh*

Hard I could understand, but don't you think this seems a little much? I mean we only have til Saturday - if I have to go through that many combinations its going to take much longer than that...

Anyway, its late here now, I'm going to bed, hopefully by tomorrow morning someone will have beaten the silly clown!

the punctuation bit is just thinking it through very very carefully. it took me a long time because I'm not the best at English.

Also, I don't think it would take us 9^5 times because if the order didn't matter, then there would be some combos which are the same. Let's just hope the order doesn't affect the result!

This is really starting to bug me. I can't figure out the punctuation. On top of that, from what I'm hearing from everyone else, the Chia is hard to beat. I definitely don't think I'll be making the Saturday deadline. *sighs*

Hey The Daily Neopets staff!! please oh please oh please!!! give us a hint on the chia?!?!!? im begging you.. i was up for hours last night trying to defeat it!! please?!?! lol

Official Yeah-I-Rock Report from the Guy Who Did This

Hey,

I thought I maybe made a mistake last night, with the coding...but no, it IS completable :D FINALLY I HAVE STUMPED YOU!

It is however not random, and there is a method to it :P

It's supposed to be the most challenging, hehe. Checking my inbox, no-one has yet submitted.

Lol, you guys are lucky; we were going to give you THREEChias to fight, but the coding got icky, so it's just the one.

I wont tlel you how many actions there are, either, hehe.

If at least 10 people solve it by Saturday, then the deadline will go ahead.

POSTING ANY SOLUTIONS OR HINTS FOR THIS WILL GET YOU BANNED FROM TDN, AND WE'LL RESET THE METHOD.

THE FIGHT IS OVER!

The chia has beaten you!

Thanks Samuel its nice to know it as at least possible and thanks for showing us restraint and giving us only one REALLY hard to be chia.

I hate clowns!

I wonder if there is something with Sidney that I'm missing. part 5:2 we enter the 3 codes, then go to Sidney for the Sudoku puzzle. Once that is solved we get a red code and a blue code. It has the blue code, and this "End of part 5. Need this for part 6. Ssideny will talk to you then!!"

Now once we enter that blue code it never goes back to Sidney. We just get more puzzles and red codes. If you then try to get back to Sidney it just says "ssssorry we're closed".

Maybe I'm looking into it too much. But since it said we needed the blue code and Sidney would talk to us I went to Sidney to see if there was a clue to beat those blasted clowns.

Has anyone gotten anything else from Sidney after finishing Sudoku and starting part 6. Or was the Sidney message just nothing, or was TDN going to put something there and didn't?