Do you read books to your pet?

maldoror122

I wish they had an avatar for how many books read or SOMETHING to make all the work worthwhile.

On this board, Flyingeevee mentioned that in a NT a few months ago, TNT mentioned maybe making an avatar for a certain level on intelligence.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. I mentioned my friend who has a pet with 172 intelligence already....so yeah. I want to give my pet 169 intelligence now just for the fun of it (and so my pet doesn't seem like an idiot when I compare with my friend) :P

So whenever I get a free/cheap book I give it to my pet. But I don't want to go overboard just yet. Maybe when I'm done filling up my gallery

My Kougra is 676 days old and is at the level of "Ultimate Genius (176)". I don't read to her every week...Heck, not even every month. But every once in a while when I'm on one of my collection shopping sprees, I'll scour around for books and pick up a "care package" for her. I just read a few to her this morning because of it being half-price day. Plus I just like being able to say my imaginary pet is a genius :P

My pet is at 155, but has read only 25 books. There are other ways to improve intelligence other than books. I can't remember them now, but I think there used to be a game that used to randomly increase intelligence while playing. There is also a battledome item that steals intelligence from your 2 player opponent. However most serious battledomers frown upon using it. There are also some Neggs that improve intelligence.

So far I only read books I win to my pets, after I've checked their value in SW. My favorite pet gets dibs on any new book, then I go down the list. If they've all read it (or don't want to read it) then it gets sold.

On my old account that I lost I read about 150 books to my pet .. but that was 3 yrs ago ... I don't read books to them anymore ... hehe .. sometimes Coltzan or the Wheel of knowledge increase their intelligence and that's good enough for me

they aren't going to get a PhD anytime soon :graduated:

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I went on a bit of a book kick, and read any books I could find for less than 700 NP or so to my main pet, just for the sake of it. There's actually quite a lot of them that are so inexpensive, and it's nice to look at your pets stats and see a nice number, even if it is relatively useless as a stat :P

Most the time, though I'll see any books worth more than 1000 NP, or hoard them to sell after they're inflated a bit, if they're from some kind of limited release.

Does anyone know which books increase your pets intelligence by 1 and which ones by 2? Because I noticed that most of the times it's going up by 2 and I want my pet's intelligence to be 169 :S

I think it's completely random, like most things on the site that offer stats. You just have to get lucky, the title doesn't matter.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Any book I get I read to my pets, and I try to make sure that they have read the same amount as each other (although not necessarily the same books, just whatever comes along I guess). My pets have only read 21 books each now and even though it's a useless stat, I do want to make them really smart (like me...lol :graduated:).

I also think that there should be more perks for smart pets, however I can't think of anything, so I guess it's not that important.

When I first started neopets I read as many books as I could find to my Ultimate Genius (532) Kougra, Ride_The_Lightning_1.

But then I realized that intelligence doesn't really mean as much as it should, so I stopped and began to invest in my gallery *lol*

And it also bothers me that other players can't see what books your pet has read :(

I want FabulousMcOreo to have a Book Trophy. Either Booktastic or Regular... I go through phases when I will go and buy all the books I can get my hands on. Might do that again soon, actually....

yeah. I finished my goal of 169 intelligence today thanks to half price day (that's the only time I spent money of books). Now i'm done with reading books. If it's a cheap book that I can't make decent profit from I'll read it to my 2nd pet though

I don't spend more than probably 500 NP's per book but I don't look for them. If I see them somewhere, I'll buy them. If I get them for free I automatically read them to my Elephante. She/he (changes all the time with the lab ray) has an intelligence of ULTIMATE GENIUS (116). I love reading her/him books!

I read books to my pet all the time! I'm still holding out for an avatar that you can get from reading a certain amount of books. I doubt I'll get a trophy, but I could probably get an avatar that didn't require a trophy.

Like many others here, I don't spend my money on books. I take the books from dailies and the advent calender and read them to my pets. I like my pets to have high intelligence, mainly because it sounds cool and shows hard work.

Intelligence is pretty useless, unless you are a young hardcore player with lot of free time (or an unemployed adult) to reach the top list and get the award.

But yeah i read every free book i got to my Shoyru he is currently Ultimate Genius 318.