Do you read books to your pet?

maldoror122

I've read all the Moltaran books so I can use the Magma Pool...

It has nothing to do with the intelligence of your pet... the entrance to the magma pool is random.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with the intelligence of your pet... the entrance to the magma pool is random.

There is a way to earn access to the Magma Pool, but the way to do that is currently unknown.

But to find the time when the guard sleeping to gain access, is different for each person.

yes but i don't waste many nps on it.I use to let sweet_floral read all the books but ever since i adopted Flamezoe2 i let him read almost all the books that i get because sweet_floral is way ahead of him

http://www.neopets.com/quickref.phtml

I attempt to, but since I never feed, or play with my pet it never wants to read a book, don't judge!

A easy way to keep them full and happy for under 200 NP is set them in the NeoLodge for the max amount of days (Cockroach Towers).

As for reading, I don't think I'll ever get the award so I just read one of my pets the books I randomly have lying around.

There is a way to earn access to the Magma Pool, but the way to do that is currently unknown.

But to find the time when the guard sleeping to gain access, is different for each person.

That's what I was talking about.

I gained access to the Magma Pool by reading all the Moltaran books to my pets. I know for sure it wasn't my guard sleeping time, because I made sure to visit at a time I had tried and failed.

Any free book I get I read to my main pet (iriskuppen). I have a pet which I read all books to which I can get my hands on (bunnymumbles), but with this rate, I doubt she gets in highscores any time soon.

Precisely this, However, someday, I hope to reach the top of the books chart, since it'd be something I'd be proud of. Currently, I don't have enough money, as I am trying to increase general level.

Do I read books to my pet?

Sometimes to my Kiko, but not always. It can be hard to keep track of what books your pet has read in my opinion. :P

• 4 weeks later...

That's what I was talking about.

I gained access to the Magma Pool by reading all the Moltaran books to my pets. I know for sure it wasn't my guard sleeping time, because I made sure to visit at a time I had tried and failed.

I didn't know that reading all the Moltaran books will gain you access to the pools, but in a way, it does make sense since the guard welcomes you in.

But according to you, after reading all the books, the timing changes?

I'm not reading any book to my pet yet cuz I'm accumulating the books in the Safety Deposit Box for the Packrat avatar =X

But if it works, I may wanna try it or at least suggest this method to my friends that are still trying for a Magma pet.

I typically use books that I have duplicates of from dailies, or books that I bought thinking were worth something... but weren't. Enjoy your worthless books, Kenobes! They're good for your brain!

I usually read only the books which come from Key Quest.

Ditto~! Or books I get from Wheels and dailies and stuff. =3

I bought tons of books yesterday when things were half price.. I would never just go out and buy books though from shop wizard. My pet is an ultimate genius and has probably read no more than 150 books.. Which isn't much but if you consider that I haven't actually concentrated on upgrading that, it's not too bad :P

For a while there I was really into reading to one of my pets in the hopes of getting a neopian book award someday. But as time has passed and I've gotten into the more expensive books, I've lost interest. I still have roughly 1875 books to go to make it into the top 200.

I went crazy buying and reading books for about a week. I got my pet up to level 150 and then realized I'd already gone through all the cheap books and that it was going to get expensive. So now I just read my pet the freebies that I get. I'm still not sure exactly what the point of a high IQ is. I might try the Moltara Pools thing at some point, that sounds interesting.