[RESOLVED] Fantastic Member Star and Smilies

Ian

Hello,

Since we have upgraded our forum software to the latest version, the Fantastic Member star and numerous emoticons are broken. We are consulting our backups and will restore these images as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Ian

The Daily Neopets Management

UPDATE: All fixed and good to go! :) Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for returning the shiny star, Ian. :D It makes me smile all over again.

EDIT: Actually Ian, I still don't see it. I had assumed it was my computer being slow to recognize it, but it still hasn't appeared.

*secretly hopes the star is being reserved for Epic Members*

Technically, no. It seems the staff IC members and other co-conspirators haven't actually taken it upon themselves to suggest it to Ian yet. :P Epic Member-dom is just an idea floating around in some of our brains so that FMs still have something to look forward to and strive for.

Ohh I see. I hope Epic Members can get some especially nice privileges, like directly uploading images onto the forums.

I wonder what ever happened to that...

I assume you're referring to the post attachment system, which ended up being a significant security risk if I recall correctly.

Really. Why? I frequent two other sites that allow users to directly upload images and they have no problems. What happened here?

It's likely that those sites haven't been subjected to the same degree of attacks as we have. The attachments system is fairly flexible, and IPB (the software that powers the forum) doesn't have the best record with security vulnerabilities.