step two

Shadaw the Rampage

oh right whoops. the color corrisponds to the doors. if you hit green then all the green doors go down. then red all the green doors go up and the red doors go down, then blue all red up then all blue go down.

the three up right pegs are the heros your trying to help escape.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i finished it FINALLY (after breaking my hand on the base board of my couch...ouch)and got the achievments We All Scream and And One For All. But why are Fort Nox and Nox's Locks still grey? How do I complete these steps?

Fort Nox is when you find a hidden treasure chest. You can't see it on the board, but it's in a random room, and when you go through it, your characters will comment on "Oh look, a chest!" or something like that. You'll get the deed then. Nox's Locks isn't blacking in for anyone, so we assume it is a glitch.

I got out, but didn't complete any tasks. It's way too hard. They should give a consolation prize for at least getting out, otherwise it was a waste even doing. I am jealous of everyone who is smarter than me.

I wish we could reset by leaving the page and coming back to it. Something happened when I had no idea what was going on so I have two pegs instead of three (I know that's a start) but they seem to be in a loop... that's not good.

I'd like a fresh start please!

We can't plot on our side accounts right?

no because theres prizes at stake. and that'd be considered agenst the rules

yep. figured as much. the only thing sides are good is more pets... hehee

so Shadow, is there anyway to reset the puzzle and start with three pegs again (i know that's the last thing some people want but a fresh start might help me)

I'm so proud of myself. I got all 3 achievements on my first go through. :D That was confusing to start with, but then it really was fun. I used to play a computer game that had those types of puzzles.

Just got all 3 achievements :).

Try to get them together, so that you don't have to worry about one of them doing wacky things while you are trying to move the other two. If you are trying to get them to go through one of the two doors of the same color in one room, set all five knobs (or just an odd number) to that one color. You will end up with the peg in a new room now. If it's the room you wanted to go into, great. If not, repeat, only using an even number of knobs (ex. 2 red knobs). Make sure that the remaining knobs you use will not accidentally move you backwards into the room that you don't want to go into.

As for Fort Nox, I got mine within the first five rooms by accident. I would recommend finishing the puzzle once without trying to get Fort Nox. You do not need to complete the puzzle to receive the achievement, so you can come back after finishing it first time around and go through every single room. You can quit after you get the achievement by landing in a random room.

OMG I can't do this? Why do I only have one peg person left? How do I get said peg out of the basement?? Because the door to the basement is green and once you're actually OUT of the basement, the door to get out of the little room there is ALSO green, and the STUPID PEG keeps going back down through the green basement door instead of going the other way. WHAT THE, as you can tell, I'm getting super frustrated. Is there a way to just reset everything and start again? Because I had no idea what I was doing when I started and it seems I've completely stuffed everything up ;(

OMG I can't do this? Why do I only have one peg person left? How do I get said peg out of the basement?? Because the door to the basement is green and once you're actually OUT of the basement, the door to get out of the little room there is ALSO green, and the STUPID PEG keeps going back down through the green basement door instead of going the other way. WHAT THE, as you can tell, I'm getting super frustrated. Is there a way to just reset everything and start again? Because I had no idea what I was doing when I started and it seems I've completely stuffed everything up ;(

Calm down for one. You don't need to put two greens in a row. Just one. He comes out of the door on the other end. Its okay you only have one peg it will actually make the achievements easier. All that happened was they met up somewhere on the board and combined into one.

Something I've tried when my pegs get stuck in a room with two same-coloured doors (especially if it's the only way to get to the stairs) is to put the same colour on the knobs four times. So you start outside the room, then your peg kind of goes in, comes back out, goes back in and then goes wherever you wanted it to go to. At least that worked for me.

Warning! Might backfire though. D:

Also, (not sure if anyone has said this already) when your peg goes into a room with stairs, it gets to the other level (above or below, whichever) but in the room that's linked to the room with stairs. Meaning the pegs never stay in staircase rooms. Which is obvious, since there are no peg stands (or whatever they're called) in those rooms, but was not obvious to me at first. D:

Waiting for the guide to come out because I honestly dont get it... Im usually really good at puzzles but this sorta lame x_x

Sorry for the lateness...

we are still proofreading, but I can link to TDN coverage for everyone who still has trouble with the step.

PART 2 GUIDE

Wow that was really confusing! I kept looking for the other pegs and lo and behold, they had been put together into one peg...ack! :grrr:

BUT after a long time --- I was able to finish and get all the achievements in one go!

I also didn't realize at first you could choose between the levels. It kept switching the levels and then I would be like...whats going on.. and...and... *sigh*

I'm done! I don't have to think about it any more...!!! -_-

Announcements