Into The Fray

MotorMouth

I was wondering how many tiers people thought there was going to be. Any theories?

Also, how many people are going beyond the cap? I have been to help get to the next tier, but the progress def seems to be slowing down.

Anyone have weapon preferences? I'm not usually a battler, but decided to try it for the plot and my unstable slime and golden compass have been treating me well.

I have no idea on the number of tiers. They may even be adding more as they go along, for all I know.

I'm fighting well beyond the cap specifically to help push everyone to the next prize, but I'm in no danger of reaching the point where I can't beat any more of them. Practically speaking, I imagine the plot will end before I beat enough of any of the wraiths to make them a serious threat to my pet. For those who are feeling the strain when they reach the cap, I recommend that they hold themselves in reserve so they have a shot at qualifying for more tiers.

I'm not going to go into weapons. People might start flinging things at my head. ;)

My guess is 10, or however many we get through before the next comic. But maybe the tiers will pick back up with the next type of enemy.

Heh. I've barely made it to the caps. ^^ I haven't hit Fury cap yet.

I was thinking 10 as well... my neopet has 211 HP... so I'm making it along alright, but I wondering how far I should push it before not being able to qualify for the next tiers. I'm glad to see fellow people still battling... hopefully no one has to push too hard though since the higher wraiths get a lot of hps rather quickly! I hope that the tiers end soon though! I want to see what happens next!

I am continuing to fight past the caps, but I'm starting to run out of steam. Mostly, I'm just starting to get annoyed with how long it takes for pages to load in the Battledome.

I think that the tiers will end with the next plot step being released. I just hope that TNT will let us finish whichever tier we're working on at that time.

I can't reach the caps :(

I did all the minions, 36 brutes and 16 furies. I think my pet's level and stats are enough, but she only has 40 hp and it just isn't enough when the opponent has over 100.

I've never battled before so I pretty much followed the TDN guide. I've been using a honey potion, stone club, scarab ring and lesser healing scroll. Once I got Downsize! I started using that too.

Is there a weapon or something I can get that will allow me to at least cap on the brutes? It's so frustrating to know I only need 4 more but can't win!

Don't go beyond the cap, it wastes your time and hit points and neopoints and everything! There are 7 tiers so far, and I have reached all my caps so that is good!

Actually, fighting beyond the cap has been quite profitable for me--I've gotten a lot of codestones, neggs, and faeries as bonus prizes for fighting. On the other hand, it doesn't cost me anything but time to keep fighting--I haven't needed to use any healing items or buy anything. Players who can't beat the wraiths as fast as I can, or who have to buy healing items and/or one-shot weapons, won't get as much out of it.

I'll never make it to the cap on the second and third no matter what, so I'm kind of aiming at killing one per tier and not getting slaughtered! I complteted the first one, am at 11 on the second and have beaten 1 of the third enemy. The 11th on the second nearly wiped me out...

I'm kind of hoping they'll be many tiers so that I can continue my last ditch attempts at last minute training - it's amazing how much I can level up when I am truly pushing it and timing it!!! So I'm hoping for at least 15...and that will give me a little bit more time...

I'm confused by this talk of teirs and caps.. someone wanna explain it to me? ><

There are three different battledome opponents connected to the plot. Defeating these wraiths is worth points in the plot that will contribute to your rewards at the end. There's a limit to the number of plot points you can earn this way, though--otherwise, people with strong pets and powerful weapons would overwhelm the rest of the players. They limit it by making only a certain number of battledome wins for each opponent count for plot points; those are the caps we're talking about.

There are also group prizes being awarded as we go. Every 750,000 wraiths defeated unlocks another prize, and the prizes have generally been improving in quality as we go along. These sets of 750,000 wraiths are the tiers. To claim the prize for a tier, you have to qualify for it by beating at least one of the 750,000 wraiths in that tier.

Does that help?

I think people are getting tired of battling these wraiths, especially those of us weaker at BD.

Many are probably settling for the bare minimum (5 of a kind?).

Plus the wraiths get stronger every win. D: Which just makes things worse.

But I believe (and hope!) that tier 8 is the last. Going by the "announcement" about the end being near on the Into the Fray page.

I don't think I can do a lot more now...not without getting slaughtered as I'm having to use all the big abilities, shielding, downsize and healing scroll to kill them.

I've capped the first enemy, got to 12 of the second and 5 of the last. I might manage another of the last if I'm lucky but the 12 is almost certainly the last of the second I'll be able to manage.