HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY THE DAILY NEOPETS

Ian

It's amazing to think that...

year9_grarrl_blow.gif

TDN IS 5 YEARS OLD TODAY!

Yup! That's right! Five years ago TDN began as a small site with only 15 pages of content and slow news updates. And now, we've grown into the largest Neopets fan site in existence, with a huge selection of amazing Helpful Articles, Game Guides, Plot Walkthroughs, and 3 departments: Neo Avatars (our avatar solutions list and avatar checklist tool), the Battlepedia, and the Customization section!

But... our site wouldn't be amazing WITHOUT YOU! To all of our visitors: thank you for visiting TDN and supporting us through it all! You are what makes this site truly great.

To celebrate, we've put together a little birthday page. ;) We've also switched the BIRTHDAY SITE LAYOUT on!

Happy half-a-decade TDN -- from your staff member's pets!

tdnevent-5thbdaypic.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC IV coverage. I was kept attached.

Then afterward, I was looking for Neopets cheats (even though I knew very well that none exist), and I found TDN. I used it for a week, then learned that there was a forum. Then I joined, June 29th, 2009. Lost the account, made a new one on December 30th 2009. This is where I am now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

I remember using this site for the games cheats about 4 years ago before I went on a long hiatus, but now that I'm back, I'm using it for almost everything! :D

Fav memory: that's a hard one... I've loved every single moment on here! XD

It does not matter how late the announcement is. However, it matters a lot more that TDN has turned 5 years old!

I have a lot of memories about TDN. Favorite moment... (as a member) probably Kalium Echo! (EPICNESS!)

I'm proud to be part of TDN staff :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TDN!!!!

I started coming regularly because of the Tale of Woe plot coverage. I kept coming back because of the Dailies page. It was so much better than the petpage my sister-in-law had linked me to for dailies. :P

A little while later, I found the TDN Forums. Being the shy person I am, I didn't post much at first, but then there was the awesome puzzle competition in summer 2008, and I was hooked. My job that summer started before the sun came up, but I would wake up extra early, so that I could try to solve the puzzle before going to work every day. (:

Now, I am proud to be a staff member at the best Neopets fan site EVER! Thanks for everything, TDN!

Thank you Ian for creating such a fantastic Neopets site! And happy birthday TDN!

I discovered TDN while searching for Altador Cup information... didn't know that once I joined the forums, I'd make lots of memories and be a part of such an amazing online community. (: (Not to mention insane!)

Favourite memory... probably the puzzle challenges with Jerry (and Gerald). And motorcycles.

Hurray for half a decade! :D

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You`re realy awsome, without you, my life at Neo would be a tragedy ^^'

My desire: a lot of more TDN`S birthdays!!!

What drew me to TDN?

My friend told me about TDN, I stumbled across TDNF, the people on the welcoming boards looked nifty, so I joined. :yes:

So a note to you welcome board people: Y'all are important.

What's my favorite memory?

..Um.... uh.... *digs through mental archives* Erm... *searches under snack table* Hm... Surely there's... *dives into depths of HOP* Um... I can't decide! *puzzles*

ALL OF IT! ^_^ *hugs entirety of TDN* Y'all are awesome. Especially you, Ian. There wouldn't even be memories to be had were it not for you. =]

(Quite seriously though, I think my favorite memory may have been the creation of the IC. Or rather, that the IC existed. That the people who formed the IC existed. *hides face before she gets all emotional*)

So yeah. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TDN! You've been so much more than a fansite/helpsite/generallyawesomesite.

Yay TDN!! *confetti* Here's to many more years and all that fun stuff. x3

I've been with TDN for a very long time, as most of you know. Only Ian can say he's been with TDN longer than I have. TDN... it's always been a fun place for me, it's where I really came out of my shell (those of you who were here on the old forums may remember how shy I was). I can't say what drew me to TDN (it's been far too long xD) or my fav memory (far too many!), but.... How about I tell you how I came to be a staffer? I don't mean to sound full of myself, but I think I'm as much a fixture on TDN as Jerry. xD

Roughly 4 and a half years ago, I was a cute little newbie. I knew very very little about Neopets. So I decided to find a Neopets help site for some long forgotten reason. I actually found PPT first, and TDN through it about a week before they stopped linking. I was very very lucky to find TDN again when I realized the link was gone. xD So I paid attention to the updates, and shortly after, Ian put up a public chat thing. It was a rather spectacular flop and randomly vanished shortly after... But it was there I first talked to TDNers. Matt, to be specific. He encouraged me to join the forums, so, having nothing better to do, I did. I ended up hiding in the Fun & Games section for a while attempting to get a post in the ^<v game between Eric and Matt, and eventually introduced myself.... on someone else's topic. Hehe. There were no mods on the old forums and I had no sense of internet etiquette, so it just kind of slid by.

Eventually I tried writing for the Times and (much to my suprise) got in. Then I went "hey, I'll bet I could write for TDN". My first article ended up being something on the various contests on Neo (which has either been rewritten by Ian or someone stuck the wrong name on it...). So some time went past and I wrote a number of other things.... Fastforward a bit to when the forums were upgraded, along with the site. It was then I gained Mod Powers, as there were 4 staffers (one of which left soon after). I slowly went from doing content to modding a lot (and doing frantic plot updates, which somehow always turned out well), and informed Ian that when we eventually departmentalized I wanted to be a mod. Note that the departmentalization took forever. But when it went through, I had a spiffy red name, along with Matt.

Now, the next bit most of you will likely remember. After a while Matt left because real life attacked, and I was left the only mod. When it came time to hire new mods.... Well, I became Head Mod by deafult and got to pick underlings. It was really odd not having to do everything on my own, but it worked well. It seems like I'm cutting it off a bit here, but you guys should know what I've been up to since then.

There, one condensed version of The History of Anime at TDN. I'll have something more to add come November, but it's a secret for now (only because I want it to be, it's nothing huge xP).

Oh, and now you all know who to blame for my presence here. :D

Happy birthday TDN! :) I came to TDN mainly to do my Dailies at first, I though the dailies list looked neat and organized (still does). Later I joined the forums to comment on some news, and thought the people were very friendly, so I stayed :) I've been using TDN for at least 2 years, and been a part of the community for 1.5 year. You guys are great!