The Faeries' Ruin: Chapter 9

hrtbrk

After a week long hiatus, The Faeries' Ruin is back with Chapter 9! Find out what happens after beating all the Shadow wraths and more!

faeries_ruin_ch9.jpg

Steps: Now that you're stuck in the cave, help Brynn, Xandra and Hanso escape! Simply click on the two cave options on the left hand side of the image. You will be given a set of options to choose from - and you'll want to pick carefully - otherwise you'll be sent back to the start!

If you're going to the right way, you will come across some help (and other goodies) - like Lamp Oil, a Rag and a Stick. Once you find all three, you will be able to connect them, after going back to Xandra, and make a torch. Of course, this will light your path.

item3_c47df325d8.pngitem2_2189f85519.png

Next you will be faced with a puzzle to help free the pets that are trapped in the cave. There are 5 to rescue in total. Click on them and try to free them by pulling them free. Again, you will have to return to Xandra with the petpets.

After the rescue, you will need to make a wand from the choices given (scroll down the click the link). Once on the page with the items, read her words carefully. She will give you hints as to the amount of items you have correct.

Lastly, once you complete the wand, Xandra will cast her spell and free everyone in the cave!

For more information, see TDN's plot guide!

Fearless Deeds:

How Many Tunnels Must An Ixi Walk Down?: Solution - Awarded randomly while searching the tunnels.

The Goo Whisperer: Solution - Free all five pets, flawlessly, without getting any goo on you. (Everyone has their own specific action for each thing the goo does - see our guide for more info!)

Never Gonna Shut You Up, Never Gonna Quiet You Down: Solution - You find someone to talk to (by shouting a greeting) and keep clicking the "Shout a Greeting" repeatedly until you get the achievement.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Never Gonna Shut You Up, Never Gonna Quiet You Down: You find someone to talk to (by shouting a greeting) and keep clicking the "Shout a Greeting" repeatedly until you get the achievement. I didn't count how many times.

I got the:

How Many Tunnels Must An Ixi Walk Down?

Uh, all of them, I think.

I just kept going through tunnels. There was about 15 of them - didn't actually count.

Is that in the darkness or with the torch?

You have to get all three items (stick, rag, oil lamp), then get out of the tunnels. When you get in again, you'll see what's inside the caves. You'll have to rescue some pets by clicking on the available options (click on each several times before you move on to the other).

Yay!

Achievement Earned! You have earned an achievement for completing a hidden task!

Never Gonna Shut You Up, Never Gonna Quiet You Down

Head on over to your Fearless Deeds to admire your greatness.

EDIT: Dude! I thought I found the oil or the rag or something, but it told me to check my inventory and I found an earthen scorchstone! Is that a useful item?

Once you got all the pets out of the cave, there's a new task ahead: you'll have to combine some items to get a wand. let's see if all items are the same for everyone, i got: odd crystal, feather duster, length of rope, fancy cane, soup ladle, pipe cleaners, lens, old belt and gemstone.

No, while you are in the caverns, you can come across bonus items you can then find in ur inventory. They don't help with the task at hand though.

Yay!

Achievement Earned! You have earned an achievement for completing a hidden task!

Never Gonna Shut You Up, Never Gonna Quiet You Down

Head on over to your Fearless Deeds to admire your greatness.

EDIT: Dude! I thought I found the oil or the rag or something, but it told me to check my inventory and I found an earthen scorchstone! Is that a useful item?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The list of items = the items I got after the caverns were lit up and I freed all pets. You can combine them to get a magic wand, and finish the puzzle. I still miss the Goo Whisperer fearless deed... :(

@Neruta Are those items you found in the dark? or after it was lit up?

I received a heated rock (useful for anything?), but haven't found the oil or the rag and I've been at this for a while.. Is there anything I need to do besides just looking on the floor constantly?

Finding the the three things is basically what you have to do for the first part, then you should wander around until you get back outside.

I read on Neoboards that you get the goo whisperer by saving all of the neopets and not getting any goo on you.. No idea how's that possible.

EDIT:Quote from Neoboards -

This might be the way to get the Goo Whisperer achievement, it just worked for me:

The tendrils undulate slowly = left arm

Waver strangely = right arm

Vibrate gently = left leg

Ripple oddly = left leg

Pulse threateningly = right leg

Was I supposed to do something other than continue on to the next tunnel after getting this reply?

You shout a greeting into the room. "Hello? Anyone there?"

Someone replies, "Oh! Hello? Please, help me! I'm so scared, I don't know what happened, one moment I was minding my own business, and then one of those awful creatures picked me up..."

"I don't know, I'm so frightened! I don't have anything, I swear! Well... wait... I did have a flask of lamp oil when I got dragged in here, but I was so scared that I dropped it! Oh, please can you find it?"

It is pitch black. This cave has an odd smell.

Edit: Nevermind. I got the oil after talking to someone else.

And some people have found this helpful -

waver - left leg

vibrate - left arm

pulse - right leg

ripple - left arm

undulate - left arm

---

Another quote - I read a theory that when it says "pulse threateningly," you click that same body part again.

Otherwise, for all other messages, click a different body part.

I tried it and it seemed to work...

---

It different for every person as far as I know, but getting all of the goo off without failing is the solution for the goo achiev for sure!!

For Never Gonna Shut You Up, Never Gonna Quiet You Down: You find someone to talk to (by shouting a greeting) and keep clicking the "Shout a Greeting" repeatedly until you get the achievement. I didn't count how many times.

I had to shout 10 times

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at lest 7 words long. Quotes do not contribute to the post count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.