The Faeries' Ruin: Chapter 9

hrtbrk

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it really is free all 5 without getting goo on you, isn't that EXTREMEELY hard ... isn't the goo touching you random?

Turns out that once you figure out how to do it without getting goo on you, the same combination works for ALL pets. And the same combination will work when you redo it :)

You're welcome! On another note, are we supposed to find that list of items (not the oil, rag, and stick, but the other stuff) after we free everyone? Because all I'm finding are neopets right now.

No if you found Neopets that means you already found all three items.

Turns out that once you figure out how to do it without getting goo on you, the same combination works for ALL pets. And the same combination will work when you redo it :)

No if you found Neopets that means you already found all three items.

PHEww! That's a relief. Thank you so much!

I'm referring to the items that people are talking about combining into a wand... Or did I misread something somewhere?

Yeah sorry that was my bad. I didn't see where you said "NOT the rag" etc. So I thought you meant you found the Neopets but not the rags XD

Also Wemblin, I LOVE FRAGGLE ROCK. I was just watching it the other day. Sooo miss that show.

Charlie is an adorable Lutari :wub_anim:

I'm trying to make a map.

Also, the order of removing the tentacle goo is not the same for each pet. I got it right on the first try with the first two pets using the same order, but then the third pet was a different order. When I finally found Charlie (took forever) I used the phrases with the guide people have posted and it worked.

Also, the order of removing the tentacle goo is not the same for each pet. I got it right on the first try with the first two pets using the same order, but then the third pet was a different order. When I finally found Charlie (took forever) I used the phrases with the guide people have posted and it worked.

Do you know what that guide is, or what it means? lol. I read on the boards that they were all the same, but I just found out they aren't. So I already don't have the goo achievement unless I start over again -_-

Do you know what that guide is, or what it means? lol. I read on the boards that they were all the same, but I just found out they aren't. So I already don't have the goo achievement unless I start over again -_-

reposted from other pages:

The tendrils undulate slowly = left arm

Waver strangely = right arm

Vibrate gently = left leg

Ripple oddly = left leg

Pulse threateningly = right leg

woohoo! finished the puzzle!

The crudely-constructed wand hums in Xandra's hand. She points it at the energy shield blocking the exit, mutters a few syllables, and suddenly a blast of energy shatters the shield! Everyone trapped in the cave has been freed!

Edit:

reposted from other pages:

The tendrils undulate slowly = left arm

Waver strangely = right arm

Vibrate gently = left leg

Ripple oddly = left leg

Pulse threateningly = right leg

The above method is how I got the goo achievement, but I just read that it might be different for everyone. Once you find the list of actions that work for YOU, that will remain the same for each rescue.

That's what I was thinking ... I mean that charlie is an adorable lutari HAHa :)

"A... a torch? Um, yeah... that could help. Well, uh... you know, I had a flask of lamp oil, but... I think I lost it...? Maybe? It's so hard to tell. It feels like I've been in here so long. Maybe the oil would help..."

What does that mean?!

"A... a torch? Um, yeah... that could help. Well, uh... you know, I had a flask of lamp oil, but... I think I lost it...? Maybe? It's so hard to tell. It feels like I've been in here so long. Maybe the oil would help..."

What does that mean?!

It means you have to continue and find a Pet that does have the oil. If a Pet has a object, they'll give it to you.

What does that mean?!

It means that they're not going to give you anything, but someone in a later tunnel will. Just keep on going and eventually you will shout and receive something.

Advice about getting the goo achievement. Use the first time you rescue the pets to match each sentence to the action/limb (like others have said, it's different for everyone). You can also use your mistakes to rule out the wrong matches. Then do the whole thing again, using what you've found out to free the pets without getting goo on you.

I was also trying to make a map, and I noticed that you will find several rooms with the same descriptions ("very quiet, etc...") but a different number of doors. I got confused and gave up on my map!

I wasn't going off descriptions but trying to go by the lit rooms. Some look similar with their doors, but have stalagmites or stalactites to distinguish them. But, since they reset on each each play through, their different appearance won't help either :(

Advice about getting the goo achievement. Use the first time you rescue the pets to match each sentence to the action/limb (like others have said, it's different for everyone). You can also your mistakes to rule out the wrong matches. Then do the whole thing again, using what you've found out to free the pets without getting goo on you.

but that's just it, I did use the guide for the fifth pet last time, but now the guide isn't working :crying:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post. Use the edit button if you wish to add something.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I got all the achievements!

I had to do it twice. The first time I got "How Many Tunnels Must An Ixi Walk Down?" and "Never Gonna Shut You Up, Never Gonna Quiet You Down", and second time "The Goo Whisperer.

Mine were:

pulse threateningly - right leg

waver strangely - left arm

ripple oddly - left arm

vibrate gently - left arm

undulate slowly - left arm