The Faeries' Ruin: Chapter 9

hrtbrk

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slightly confused... are you supposed to make the torch? If so how..? I have all 3 items needed for it, lol

-goes back to read past pages again, to make sure i haven't missed anything-

EDIT: Don't worry, I figured it out, (:

Once you get all three items you have to get back to the main tunnel where xandra is and she will make it for you.

Edit: Okay, yay for figuring it out for you. Seriously though, I'm still stuck. I think I'm glitched and there is no exit :crying: Is there a way to restart? Probably not...

I preferred searching the tunnels when they were pitch black. You could find your way out then. But now that it's lit, it's like, D: LOL

EDIT: I clicked on a tunnel, and it took me to Pet Central?! Should I go back to the original link or click back?

I preferred searching the tunnels when they were pitch black. You could find your way out then. But now that it's lit, it's like, D: LOL

EDIT: I clicked on a tunnel, and it took me to Pet Central?! Should I go back to the original link or click back?

Either one should do it. I wanted it to start over by clicking the original link but it just sends you right back to where you were.

Side note: I finally made it out. I'll have to go back and do the goo tomorrow when I'm thinking more clearly/not in pain.

Either one should do it. I wanted it to start over by clicking the original link but it just sends you right back to where you were.

Side note: I finally made it out. I'll have to go back and do the goo tomorrow when I'm thinking more clearly/not in pain.

I'm going to do the same thing, lol

EDIT: I'm finally out of the cave, so I'm off to bed, (:

Goo achievement for me did NOT start with left arm. Anyone having that one? ugh.

EDIT:

The above method is how I got the goo achievement, but I just read that it might be different for everyone. Once you find the list of actions that work for YOU, that will remain the same for each rescue.

This was NOT true for me.

I'm on my second time through the puzzle. The first time, I did everything randomly, but this time, I am paying more attention to details. I had so much trouble finding the 5th pet. I was going in circles, it seemed. I am releasing the pets now, but I messed up on the second and will have to try again, though most likely tomorrow morning. I found a random item, an origami rock, as well.

Edit: Has anyone else noticed that when you flail your arms, you seem to go to the previous room you were in when you try to move on? I was using every option for a while trying to see if that helped to get items, but it also seemed to take longer to get out, until I quit using flail...

Edit x2: I just found the book cave dwellings. That makes item number two, both rock related, and the first was a toy/wearable.

Edit x3: I was on my third time, but messed up and will have to repeat. I wonder, if you keep playing, will you get more items? I'm only doing it for the achievement, but I'm curious...

Edit x4: I have a list of what to and when, but gently is messing me up. It only comes up once, so trial and error is out. Has anyone been so lost in the cave, you a magically transported to the making of the wand page? It has happened to me twice. A glitch maybe?

Edit x5: I know I'm posting a lot, but this was my order:

left arm-slowly

right arm-strangely/gently

left leg-threateningly

right leg-oddly

Time for one last try tonight/this morning. And I have found 2 cave dwelling books, 2 origami rocks, 1 rock and bone sculpture, 1 rock tree, and the book secret of the stones in 5 times through, I think...I lost count...

Final Edit: I finished and got all of the achievements. I hope that my ranting posts help someone.

Edited by 7_rayne_7

Yeah. I magically got transported to the making of the wand thing too after I got the Goo Whisperer... Lol well, made things much easier XD Here's mine:

Threateningly - Right Arm

Strangely - Left Arm

Oddly - Right Arm

Gently - Left Arm

Slowly - Left Arm

So... do I have this strait?

For the goo achievement, everyone is different, but each tentacle action corresponds to a body part. Once you find which action corresponds to which body part, this will stay the same not only for each pet during one rescue, but also every set of rescues you do? So as soon as you find your combination, you can play as many times as necessary, and it will always be the same?

.... right. Hope that makes sense. I'm on my second try, so hopefully I can figure out the combo soon!

Edit: And, if I had waited, I would have answered my own question! Figured out the order on the second try, it still worked fine on the third, and got the achievement! Here is my set:

waver strangely: left arm

ripple oddly: right arm

vibrate gently: right leg

pluse threateningly: left leg

undulate slowly: left arm

Edit x3: I was on my third time, but messed up and will have to repeat. I wonder, if you keep playing, will you get more items? I'm only doing it for the achievement, but I'm curious...

If you stay in one room and repeatedly click on the search the floor option, you will randomly get items. I have now tested this and you don't even have to move to a different room after finding an item. Just stay and search and things will randomly appear! Granted, one might wonder if it's really worth it to sit and search when you can find the items on the shop wizard easily...

I managed to get two acievements and 4 pets and got the pets out. I'm now looking for the 5th pet. I wish each room was different in some way so that you can tell if you've been there before. I click on doorways and think "is this a new room or have I backtracked?".

Edit: w00t! Ok, I just got the last pet and the goo achievement! Now to find my way out. o_O

Edit: Aaaaand now I'm done! n_n

Edit 3: I wish we could keep the items that are left over lol

So... do I have this strait?

For the goo achievement, everyone is different, but each tentacle action corresponds to a body part. Once you find which action corresponds to which body part, this will stay the same not only for each pet during one rescue, but also every set of rescues you do? So as soon as you find your combination, you can play as many times as necessary, and it will always be the same?

.... right. Hope that makes sense. I'm on my second try, so hopefully I can figure out the combo soon!

Yes. It's different for each person (which is why using someone else's won't work), but it's stays the same for you. Which is why the advice that I wrote earlier in the thread works.

After 1.5hr of playing, I finally completed the maze *cries*. I saved 3 prisoners in the tunnels of the left cave entrance, headed back to Xandra and went into the right cave entrance. I got lost in the tunnels there after saving the last prisoner and it took me a loooong time to get out. I finally got out by closing my eyes and clicking the tunnels ramdomly. Lol. I've gotten all achievements except the Goo Whisperer. Here's my set:

Vibrate - left leg

Waver - right leg

Ripple - right arm

Pulse - right arm

Undulate - left arm

For the combination of 3 items, mine were pipe cleaners, gemstone and soup ladle.

Might try to get the Goo Whisperer achievement later after my headache subsides.

Yes. It's different for each person (which is why using someone else's won't work), but it's stays the same for you. Which is why the advice that I wrote earlier in the thread works.

When I wrote it down then did it for another one of the prisoners the combination didn't work. I was told to start over. And then it changed when I made a mistake. I had 2 steps down and made a mistake then I when I tried to do the two steps again to get to where I was, they were wrong.

When I wrote it down then did it for another one of the prisoners the combination didn't work. I was told to start over. And then it changed when I made a mistake. I had 2 steps down and made a mistake then I when I tried to do the two steps again to get to where I was, they were wrong.

It's not supposed to change when you make a mistake. Are you sure you're clicking the correct limb?