Very frusterating...

jrtalon

So I've been trying to working completing containment, I know I'm using the correct spells based on the front page information and sometimes I get so close to winning but then the suppression guy screws up and everyone is zapped for a round. Also, I've noticed that guidance and stabilization have a direct affect on the containment values, if their doing their jobs properly you'll only have to cast one spell to bring everything back to green. A just played a round a few minutes ago where everyone was doing a good job and I didn't even have to use my spell for 2 straight rounds. Then the supression guy must of had to take a leak :( On the same token, if the guidance or stabilizer guy isn't doing his job then you'll have to use practically all your spells to try and keep it stable and then the green sectors you didn't put a spell in the previous round suddenly turn red the next round and the core explodes.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.... -_-

So I've been trying to working completing containment, I know I'm using the correct spells based on the front page information and sometimes I get so close to winning but then the suppression guy screws up and everyone is zapped for a round. Also, I've noticed that guidance and stabilization have a direct affect on the containment values, if their doing their jobs properly you'll only have to cast one spell to bring everything back to green. A just played a round a few minutes ago where everyone was doing a good job and I didn't even have to use my spell for 2 straight rounds. Then the supression guy must of had to take a leak :( On the same token, if the guidance or stabilizer guy isn't doing his job then you'll have to use practically all your spells to try and keep it stable and then the green sectors you didn't put a spell in the previous round suddenly turn red the next round and the core explodes.

That totally makes sense! I knew that stabilization had an effect on suppression, but it didn't make sense that those two were the only ones that were interrelated.

If you just want to vent your frustration, though, you should probably do that on the frustration thread here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/22570-barrier-bedlam/.

I also noted that shortly after guidance got below 30m the containment started to get harder to manage...

I hadn't realised stabilisation was linked though...

Yes, poor stabilisation makes containment and suppression more difficult. And a good guidance person should make everyone's jobs a lot easier, since they'll get things done faster (if they take longer than 15 rounds, they probably need to relearn how to do guidance xD ).