My Denied Neopian Times Entry

whattawiseguy

I worked really hard and sent it in just before December started since it was seasonal. I've been wanting to put it up somewhere at least, and here is as good a place as any! So, without further ado:

Put on your gloves and a scarf, grab some Molten Hot Chocolate and take a seat by the warmth of the fireplace with me, friends! 'Tis the season for joy and good cheer, so make yourselves at home...WAIT! NOT THAT! DON'T TOUCH THAT IT'S AN ANTIQUE! Sorry, what was I saying? Ah, yes, winter time! Let me tell you, when I was your age we Neopets had to walk miles and miles in the snow, UPHILL both ways to get to the Winter Starlight Celebration on Terror Mountain. What's that? You still do? Ungrateful, the lot of you! Now, let me tell you all of the great things that came with the snow and cold:

<b>1. Winter Games</b>

If you brave the chill and frost there are plenty of festive games to play in the great outdoors! My personal favorite is 'Let It Slide' but there is also 'SnowBall Fights,' 'Snowmuncher,' 'Snow Roller,' and plenty more. Plus you can earn Neopoints to boot! So grab your earmuffs and get gaming!

<b>2. Advent Calender</b>

For all of the nice Pets out there, every day you can get presents from this great place! Plushies, wearables, PetPets, furniture.. you name it! If you keep them long enough they could be worth quite a bit!

Beware, though, if you're naughty you'll get coal along with Dr. Sloth and his minions!

<b>3. Winter Customization</b>

You can't be caught in LAST seasons outfits, can you? Hurry! Get to your closet before someone spots you!

I recommend going all out. Scarves, gloves, hats, earmuffs, you name it! For those of you with a big bank, maybe get a Christmas paint brush. That Spotlight is waiting for you!

<b>4. Stocking Stufftacular</b>

One of the newer events, if you visit the NC Mall you will notice Stocking Packs. What are these for, you may ask? SURPRISE GIFTS! Yes, if you hang your stockings on the fireplace, and come back later, you can open them to get...well..I can't tell you. Then it wouldn't be a secret!

<b>5. Key Quest</b>

If you go to that newfangled Key Quest you can play on a new Winter Board to win Holiday prizes! After all, you can't spell winter without win, now can you?

The best part is you can play with your NeoFriends, or even meet new friends! The mini games are plenty of fun and you can get a bunch of NeoPoints here as well. So get key hunting.

<b>6. Pet Days</b>

Three special Pets celebrate this month, so don't forget about them in all of the festivities!

On the fifth we celebrate the Bruce and their mega hot dance moves! So, give them some appreciation...they deserve it!

On the twelfth the brave Wocky takes the stage. Go for a treasure hunt with one, maybe. They will take you on quite the adventure!

On the twenty eighth the intelligent Ogrin's definitely deserve your admiration. They can be shy but they can also be some of the best companions!

But just because all of these species get new items, clothes, and possibly colors, doesn't mean you can't celebrate everyone else!

<b>7. Borovan Day</b>

On the twentieth everyone breaks out a hot cup of Borovan, or maybe even an Iced Borovan? Either way it's delicious! So grab a mug and start singing some Carols! NOT NOW! I HAVE A HEADACHE! Eesh, that Gelert over there is tone deaf! SING WITH YOUR DIAPHRAGM!

<b>8. Day Of Giving</b>

The twenty fifth! One of the best days of the year! Gifts and cheer everywhere! Spirits are high and friends are nearby. So get rid of that frown and CELEBRATE! Spend time with family and appreciate what you have. You may not have the newest Usuki Set, but you have a great owner who plays with you and gives you food. MINE gives me omelette everyday and let me tell you, I am SO sick of them. I ask for a Spooky Gooplecream and she says, "But you can get omelettes for FREE in Tyrannia!" She gets free jelly too..not sure where that comes from. She's kind of crazy. Oh.. am I getting off topic? Sorry. As I was saying... BE GRATEFUL for all of the good things you have been blessed with!

<b>9. Winter Galleries / Look Ups</b>

Want to start a gallery, win that trophy? Can't think of a theme? Get inspired by the time of year! Start one on Winter PetPets, winter clothing, anything! Or maybe your user lookup needs to be updated and your handy with HTML. Add in some snow, icicles, igloos, maybe the snowager, and some Holiday cheer. It's sure to get all of your Pets in the spirit! Green and red or maybe white and blue. They're all great colors. Just make it eye catching and it'll be a hit!

<b>10. Wintery Petpets</b>

Looking for a new addition to your family? Well, look no further! Abominable Snowball, Wreathy, Feepit, Fir, or any other Wintery Petpets make perfect companions. They're adorable also, so adopt one soon! If you wait all the Powtry's may melt! All you have to do is head up to Happy Valley, part with some NeoPoints and your family will have grown. Awesome, right? (They can be painted Christmas too!)

Sounds like a good deal to me. Lots to gain! Are you all feeling festive? Don't forget, one of the biggest parts of this month is the day of GIVING. So be generous! Send you NeoFriends some gifts.. maybe that Battle Dome Weapon they've had their eye on? Or maybe you spot a Newbie on the NeoBoards.. how about giving them some NeoPoints to help start them off? Even if you are greedy, you can still be nice. Give out tips or point someone towards the Advent Calender if they didn't know about it! What have you got to lose? (I see you there, Pant Devil....)

So what in Neopia are you still sitting here and reading for? Get in the spirit! AND GET OFF THAT COUCH YOU WHIPPERSNAPPER!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lol, I actually have a winter gallery ^^

I agree with annabelle, it really is pleasant to read and you pretty much summed up all the wintery things you can do at Neopets.

As an English language student, I only want to say I would have said: 'Then it would't be a surprise' instead of 'secret', since you never mentioned it's supposed to be a secret.

Overall, the language use is great for Neopets: not too difficult, but lively and enthusiastic.