Fred v2.0

I'm a little disappointed, but not too overly. I probably wouldn't spend my plot points right away this time.

I've always eagerly jumped into buying plot prizes, without really thinking about what would be the best benefit to me. My first thought is that I always want all the books, so I buy them all right away.

Now I'm wishing I would have bought a second Y-Blaster with my RoS points, and sold the second one. I would have had lot of Neopoints with which to buy all the books, and still have a bunch left over. I need to start thinking a bit more clearly about purchasing plot prizes.

I'm perfectly fine with them delaying the prizes a bit, now that they have a formal target date (they only actually pushed the release back once after all). I'd rather they spend more time getting things levelled out properly than release quickly with poorly balanced prizes. :yes:

No ratings? Aww, too bad Apple, seems like your app store doesn't have the benefit of having been around for 13 years like we've had ours on Linux. :rolleyes_anim:

*ahem* I should probably stop making fun of the Mac App Store at every possible juncture. xD But it's just so amusing...

What are some good Mac apps? (not iphone/ipad etc)

I keep looking through the list but a lot of the free stuff doesn't have any ratings lol

I'll just tell you the ones I have had since forever :P

Evernote

TextWrangler *must have*

Caffeine isn't bad, it's a RSS reader.

MindNote is one that I downloaded from the store because it can always be useful

I got some of the not free apps from Macheist.com. I bought their bunddle 2 years ago, and it was totally worth it because I got World of Goo XD They also had giveaway of applications for about a month prior to the sale and they usually give a freebie every 3-4 months anyway :)

Tsk tsk Theo. You're just being mean now. :P

ddfa_requires_windows.jpg

xD That is pretty brilliant. Reminds me of various amusing signature quotes I tend to see on Linux forums. :P

That is really amazing, Iris. Such detailed work! Everything is so tiny. Have you ever tried working with marzipan, so that you could make edible sculpture?

That is really amazing, Iris. Such detailed work! Everything is so tiny. Have you ever tried working with marzipan, so that you could make edible sculpture?

No I never have before but if people would give me the chance I'd definitely take it. :)

That reminds me how some websites (Even some big business, like banks and such still say

"Needs IE5 or better"

...that while using FF(Anything, which is better anywho)

also, an old comparison between IE6 and IE7, with Firefox added in the mix:

So, first IE6, then IE7 and finally Firefox.

ie6tube.pngie7tube.pngffstarship.jpg

Iris, that's more than merely adorable - it's KAWAII!!! :P Your clay work is incredible. :yes:

One of my dad's servers runs on Linux, it's out of my abilities of access though :(

All mission critical servers worth half their cooling costs run either Linux or BSD. Virtually everyone uses Linux for important servers (the main exception being Microsoft, who are probably actually crazy enough to run their critical systems on Windows Server... which would explain how they managed to lose the emails of about 17,000 Hotmail users :rolleyes_anim: ).

Announcements