Fred v2.0

*logs in and out of Neopets several times while messing with cookies*

When you log out of Neopets, your login cookie is removed from your browser, and your session hash is invalidated on the Neopets servers, rendering the cookie useless anyway. So as of the current system, all you have to do is log out. :yes:

'Your cookies contain your password' is a neat, over-simplified explanation that's useful in some cases but not accurate at all. No programmer with even half a clue would be dumb enough to store a user's password, or even a password hash, in a highly insecure cookie which could be read by any number of malicious entities. Instead, when you log in you get a (very long) randomly generated string in a cookie that you can use to identify yourself. This string is stored in the Neopets account database as well, so when you visit a page and send in the cookie the strings can be compared - if they match, you're in.

If somebody manages to read your cookies, they can use this session string to pretend to be you. But when you log out, this session string is invalidated, meaning it's removed from the database and no longer accepted.

Of course, the standard disclaimer applies: I'm assuming TNT's programmers have at least half a clue what they're doing. :P

I really wish TNT would make some option where we could disable user's codings, like in shops and lookups.

Oh, and while we're showing off pets...

4.png

Now I just need a TFR pet look up for her. (And I'll do the same with Aitvara since she has the Shadow Wraith petpet and will be painted Faerie.)

I really wish TNT would make some option where we could disable user's codings, like in shops and lookups.

Oh, and while we're showing off pets...

4.png

Now I just need a TFR pet look up for her. (And I'll do the same with Aitvara since she has the Shadow Wraith petpet and will be painted Faerie.)

I could always make you one XD

Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3

Oh wow. Just checked the clock. It's already 6pm o.O

Great minds think alike V, great minds think alike. xD

:O That is an awesome idea! Toggle one pref to disable all annoying shop code, etc. - an elegant, easy to implement technical solution.

Somebody suggest this to TNT. xD

That would be absolutely amazing! There is nothing worse than annoying code in shops and lookups.

Announcements