The Lab Rays: What happened today?

Ian

Your eyes recover quite quickly after the giant explosion, but that's more than you can say for your Petpet. The Kookith is kind enough to sweep up Buggle for you and you head home.

The ray is fired at Dysopia...

lab_lightning.gif kougra_yellow_sad.gif

...and she gains 2 movement points!!!!

Buggle shall now be known as Lazpip. How nice.

...and she gains 3 strength points!!!!

November 18th:

But... nothing happens. It makes a kind of 'zzrrrppptttt' sound before shutting down completely. The creepy Kookith shoos you away and appears quite angry, so you hightail it out of there before he shoots some miniature laser beam at you or something.

Welp... No color change yet but she's definitely a speedy and strong pet xD

November 19th:

But... nothing happens. It makes a kind of 'zzrrrppptttt' sound before shutting down completely. The creepy Kookith shoos you away and appears quite angry, so you hightail it out of there before he shoots some miniature laser beam at you or something.

...and she loses 3 movement points!!!!

Edited by Zafie

The lab ray seems most intent on making my lab rat require many many hours of psychiatric counseling . . .

All it's doing is repeatedly switching them back and forth between genders, I don't see this ending well. :sad01_anim:

The ray is fired at Ikumaluk...

lab_lightning.gif kougra_white_growl.gif

and changes from Orange to CHRISTMAS???2.pngWhat?? NOOOOO! ARRRGGGHHH!:grrr: Can I just throw some Starter Paint Brush Paint on him to make him LOOK like CANDY? ona_impatient.gifIt is what it is but boy, what it IS! :crying_anim: :blush02::guiltysmiley::evo:

...and she gains 3 maximum hit points!!!!

November 21st:

The ray is fired at Digitalz...

lab_lightning.gif kiko_green_sad.gif

...and he gains 3 strength points!!!!

Edited by Zafie

On 10/31/2017 at 9:07 AM, jellysundae said:

@Angeló you are a doll, my draik loves her new kepru, and I, immediately after neomailing you, went and bid on a faerie petpet paint brush in the AH....

Impulse control issues? Me? :whistle:

REALLY good thing this isn't actual money on here! :ph34r:

Nothing interesting to report from the rays from me. Seems my brain made an executive decision for me about continuing to zap Cora after they turned into a Lutari, but there's only been stat changes so far.

After this episode, this zap is pretty ironic . . . :laugh:

kepru_faerie.gif

Whoa... did it actually work? Sure looks like it. Your Petpet has been transformed. Imagine that.

You should come back tomorrow and try again!

The ray produces a giant flash of light, but Lazpip doesn't look any different. When it can't even climb the Multi-level Scratching Post you bought it, you realize that malfunctioning lab ray actually decreased its level to: 1

...and she changes colour to Glowing!!

November 24th:

Lazpip shall now be known as Humbug. How nice.

lab_lightning.gif kougra_glowing_sad.gif

...and she loses 2 movement points!!!!

Edited by Zafie

I'm still fairly new to zapping my pet, but so far every time they changed colour or species, they kept their customisation (except for pet specific clothes of course). Today my lab rat, GeorgeSweeney, changed from a Faerie Gnorbu into an Island Gnorbu, and promptly lost every piece of their customisation, including the background. Is this normal? Does it have to do with the fact that Island pets come with Island specific clothes/accessories? (If it'd only been the clothes/accessories that had been removed, I wouldn't have been surprised, but I'd have thought the background could remain in place.)

47 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I'm still fairly new to zapping my pet, but so far every time they changed colour or species, they kept their customisation (except for pet specific clothes of course). Today my lab rat, GeorgeSweeney, changed from a Faerie Gnorbu into an Island Gnorbu, and promptly lost every piece of their customisation, including the background. Is this normal? Does it have to do with the fact that Island pets come with Island specific clothes/accessories? (If it'd only been the clothes/accessories that had been removed, I wouldn't have been surprised, but I'd have thought the background could remain in place.)

I don't customize my lab rats, so I can't speak for the lab specifically, but any time I've painted or morphed a pet, they've lost their whole customization.

The ray is fired at Digitalz...

lab_lightning.gif kiko_green_sad.gif

...and he gains 2 defence points!!!!

5 hours ago, Angeló said:

.. and she changes into a Red Skeith!!

She was cuter as a Glowing Grundo, imo! :oneeyed01: Lab Ray did this to my Orange & Blue Kougra

The ray is fired at Ikumaluk...

lab_lightning.gif kougra_orange_sad.gif

... and he changes colour to Purple!!    4.png:whaa: Still NOT Candy! :crying_anim: Why is this SO hard? I had to change it back into a Kougra 2x already, once when he/she turned into a Yellow Usul 4.pngand once when he/she turned into a Green Gelert 4.pngNot bad-looking Pets, just not a Candy Kougra. :confused:

November 27th:

Humbug shall now be known as Lunch. How nice.    

Edited by Zafie

Nothing looks different about Your Ad Here but you can sense something happened. It becomes evident later when it tries to climb a tree but breaks off the branch instead. The ray has increased its level to: 2

...and she loses 2 strength points :(

Your fears that the Kookith didn't actually know what the heck he was doing are confirmed when Skeeter suddenly disappears, leaving no trace. 
None. Nada. Zip. Ziltch. 
Guess it's time to buy a new Petpet.

:crying_anim: I've had that petpet attached to my uni for years ... *sigh* I'm not too mad though, I did want the turmaculus to eat it >_>

1337 shall now be known as Dragonas Socks. How nice.

December 2nd:

Dragonas Socks shall now be known as Greg. How nice.

Edited by Zafie

My Kougra turned into a Wraith! He (who once was a she thanks to the lab ray grr) looks AWESOME! I just need to change his clothes because he is still wearing girl clothes. 

Kourgra Wraith