help

New to battledome and only really looking to get the avatars.

Sorry if this has been asked already, I have checked the forums and the TDN page and didn't see anything (I may ahve missed it lol). So far I have a couple of questions....

Is endurance and same as hit points and health???

the bottled faeries give you abilities....question - I have blessed my pet and all the abilities are level 1, will this go up as I fight or how do I get this to go up.

New to battledome and only really looking to get the avatars.

Sorry if this has been asked already, I have checked the forums and the TDN page and didn't see anything (I may ahve missed it lol). So far I have a couple of questions....

Is endurance and same as hit points and health???

the bottled faeries give you abilities....question - I have blessed my pet and all the abilities are level 1, will this go up as I fight or how do I get this to go up.

1.) Yes, not sure why they call it "endurance" at the training schools but it's the same thing as your hit points. :)

2.) Nope, the levels of the faerie abilities can be raised (as well as lowered) by landing on the right space on the Wheel of Excitement or Monotony (I don't recall any other way offhand, though I'm sure someone will correct me if there is one.) However, the ability level increased/decreased by the wheels is random; more importantly, I wouldn't get too worked up over it as everything I've ever heard indicates they have no actual effect on the strength of the ability, and my own experience supports this as well -- at one point my BD pet had a Heal level of 10, but it never healed any more damage than it did at level one. :P Hope that helps, good luck with your BD'ing! :)

2.) Nope, the levels of the faerie abilities can be raised (as well as lowered) by landing on the right space on the Wheel of Excitement or Monotony (I don't recall any other way offhand, though I'm sure someone will correct me if there is one.) However, the ability level increased/decreased by the wheels is random; more importantly, I wouldn't get too worked up over it as everything I've ever heard indicates they have no actual effect on the strength of the ability, and my own experience supports this as well -- at one point my BD pet had a Heal level of 10, but it never healed any more damage than it did at level one. :P Hope that helps, good luck with your BD'ing! :)

The bottled faeries can increase your level abilities as well as give you new ones ^^

Head to your QuickRef page and pick "View abilities" from the dropdown for one of your pets. :)

The bottled faeries can increase your level abilities as well as give you new ones ^^

Actually, to the best of my knowledge bottled faeries only give you new abilities along the path of their particular element...

Head to your QuickRef page and pick "View abilities" from the dropdown for one of your pets. :)

Actually, to the best of my knowledge bottled faeries only give you new abilities along the path of their particular element...

What AA said, Also radioactive neggs can raise levels but i spent 2m worth on them once and fed them all to my pet. Complete waste of 2m np.

What AA said, Also radioactive neggs can raise levels but i spent 2m worth on them once and fed them all to my pet. Complete waste of 2m np.

2m OUCH.

Another question. While searching the battlepedia, I found the basic wepons sets. Now I am only going into battle to get the avatars, is the basic set good enough, or should I get the intermediate or the advanced. I am willing to invest to get the avatars, but what I don't want is to buy the basic, battle a couple of times then find out with harder opponents it does not work and I need to spend more np to get more wepons.

Any and all advice is welcome

Another question. While searching the battlepedia, I found the basic wepons sets. Now I am only going into battle to get the avatars, is the basic set good enough, or should I get the intermediate or the advanced. I am willing to invest to get the avatars, but what I don't want is to buy the basic, battle a couple of times then find out with harder opponents it does not work and I need to spend more np to get more wepons.

Any and all advice is welcome

IIRC, most of the avatars are about finding the right opponents. Some websites list helpful BDers that are willing to challenge/be challenged to get you most of the avatars. I'm not even sure you need to finish the match to get the avatar in some cases (2-player based). I'm not sure the hardest one to get, but I know that the Space Faerie is near it. You need a strong pet with strong/expensive weapons to beat her.

This article on TDN gives a few tips.

You'll probably want to look up the speed training guides as well. Get a pet to top tier combat readiness, equip it with a few tried and true anti-whateveropponentyouarefacing weapons, and take care of them then resell all your BD items to recoup costs.

FYI, most really good BD items tend to go up in value over time so they are actually an investment.

Hope this helps.

IIRC, most of the avatars are about finding the right opponents. Some websites list helpful BDers that are willing to challenge/be challenged to get you most of the avatars. I'm not even sure you need to finish the match to get the avatar in some cases (2-player based). I'm not sure the hardest one to get, but I know that the Space Faerie is near it. You need a strong pet with strong/expensive weapons to beat her.

This article on TDN gives a few tips.

You'll probably want to look up the speed training guides as well. Get a pet to top tier combat readiness, equip it with a few tried and true anti-whateveropponentyouarefacing weapons, and take care of them then resell all your BD items to recoup costs.

FYI, most really good BD items tend to go up in value over time so they are actually an investment.

Hope this helps.

I am working on training now (stupid me up'ed the pets level and now it's costing me more lol). I bought every bottled faerie and blessed my pet with everything available (just 2 more to go - keeping in my sdb until I reach that level). So far I have invested in.....

Greater healing scroll

2 water muffins

3 stone muffins

dual battle mirror

Ultra Dark Reflectorb

Lesser Healing Scroll

2 Scarab Ring

stone club

Jittery Jipple Pear Potion

Snowglobe Staff

Each day I am buying something more. That way it does not seem so bad spending my precious np lol

Level: 32

Health: 47 / 47

Strength: EXCELLENT (46)

Defence: EXCELLENT (41)

Move: GREAT (24)

Each day I am buying something more. That way it does not seem so bad spending my precious np lol

Level: 32

Health: 47 / 47

Strength: EXCELLENT (46)

Defence: EXCELLENT (41)

Move: GREAT (24)

Ick. You could probably take on my pet in a couple days, rate yer goin'.

That being said, you are at least around Meuka level (gives avatar).

Blessing your pet to get you Sink, Burrow, Drain Life, and a 33% restorer (there are different ones) only goes so far, so don't bless your pet with abiities you don't need.

Stone Muffin is a 13.5 iconer. Water muffins are better, but since you are going after the avatar, any muffins you get for free (from fruit machine) might do the job at sufficiently high boost. You don't really need a healer if you freeze abuse, but if you are going to use a healer, greater healing scroll isn't too expensive an upgrade.

The space Faerie apparently has 550HP. To get to that high level of Battledoming requires alot of expensive training (more than 10 times what you've already spent on codestones).

However, if you are patient, the damage calculator says you can beat the space faerie for less if you use a lab rat.

Step 1: Get the lab ray. Maybe it takes you a few months... or much longer to get a pet with 600 strength.

Step 2: Freeze abuse with snowglobe staff or invest in a Scroll of Freezing. (Downsize will lower the healing expense, though lab rats tend to have high hp).

Step 3: Berserk Attack with two Ornate Fighting Fan (or other 15 iconers).

Note that Berserk Attack requires level 50, which is entirely possible with lab rat, or cheap enough if you already have 600 Strength.

To beat Space Faerie otherwise requires overcoming her Jade Scorchstone. She's an older Battledome challenger, so her weapons are comparable to today's midrange and luckily she doesn't have a freezer, but that doesn't mean you won't be in for a long fight if you take her on. Either way, unless you have MAD BANK you are looking at a longue view of getting those last couple of pesky battledome avatars.

I have the lab ray but I really didn't want to use it ont he main pet since I spent np on getting him painted snow (still contemplating doing it though lol). Or would it be advantagous to start with a new pet and zap him and train him?

Got the great healing scroll

What is mad bank??

Does the training always ask for the same codestones?

not sure about mad bank(maybe lots and lots of neopoints), the training does not always ask for the same codestones

grrrrrr I thought that I could stock up on a certain kind and go training crazy lol. This mean I have to wait and then search for the stones and maybe not get the best deal. Oh well lol. its only np right???? Guess I can find a few cheap and hope for the best

you can play neoquest, it's an annoying game but it gives out neggs and codestones as prizes

also some codestones are 3000 np and some reach 12000 np

Neoquest ouch, I tried that game and I do not hav e the attention span to sit there and move and read and so on. Maybe if it was more interesting? Who knows lol. By ty for the advice ;)

EDIT: I am confused... I was reading the TDN Battlepedia and I have a question about boost. When reading the info on defense/strength and boost, it says that if you have a strength of lets say 55 that your boost is 2. So does that mean that whatever wepon you use would do twice the damage?

Along those lines ... I was reading how to beat commander garoo and it says that you need a strength of 55 boost. What does that mean, as I have strength of 55 the boost would actually be 2 would it not? When looking at the boost chart there is no 55 boost.

Neoquest ouch, I tried that game and I do not hav e the attention span to sit there and move and read and so on. Maybe if it was more interesting? Who knows lol. By ty for the advice ;)

EDIT: I am confused... I was reading the TDN Battlepedia and I have a question about boost. When reading the info on defense/strength and boost, it says that if you have a strength of lets say 55 that your boost is 2. So does that mean that whatever wepon you use would do twice the damage?

Along those lines ... I was reading how to beat commander garoo and it says that you need a strength of 55 boost. What does that mean, as I have strength of 55 the boost would actually be 2 would it not? When looking at the boost chart there is no 55 boost.

I think it's Keyquest for the codestones and neggs prizes (neoquest gives neopoints for each level you reach and you can get some random event while playing it)

Strength and Defense boost depends on how high your stats are. If it is said that a strength of 55 is needed, it means that if your pet is below that number, it won't have the same boost and that the strategy may fail because you won't do the same amount of damages.

Suppose you have a Golden Compass which does 3 Air, Fire and Light icons (9 icons) and defends 2.6 Dark icons.

If your pet has a strength of:

- 53, you will have a boost of 1.5, i.e. your Golden Compass will do 13.5 damages (and both your opponent's and your stances add some damages)

- 55, you will have a boost of 2.0, i.e. your Golden Compass will do 18.0 damages

If your opponent has a high difficulty rate and have more health points/endurance/hit points than your strength value, then I strongly suggest to use either Prickly Potions or Voidberry Potions. Those items are great for low strength boosts since they use your opponent's strength boost (which may be more than twice better than yours)

At your level, some numbers to remember:

strength of 55-84: strength boost of 2.0

strength of 85-124: strength boost of 2.5

strength of 125-199: strength boost of 3.0

Ok that makes a little better sense. Wow so now that I have reached 55 strength its gonna be a long way to get a better boost hmmmmmm.

Name : sandy_kaloo

Species : Wocky

Agility : 25 (GREAT (25))

Attack Strength : 55 (EXCELLENT (55))

Defence Strength : 45 (EXCELLENT (45))

Current hp: 95 / 74

Level : 32

When I was looking at the DON guid on TDN it shows for most opponents a defense of 20 until you get way up in bad guys, but attack should go up with each one. I am to assume that defense is not as important as attack? So should I concentrate on attack and endurance?

Defense is a great stat to raise IF you're going to use defensive items like Ghostkershield or Faerie Tabard (for top level pets) or Leaf Shield or Patched Magic Hat/Sophies Magic Hat (for "standard" level pets)

Some people only train treir pet with the Secret Laboratory so as to drastically raise the Health Points and still have a decent strength boost (but poor defense). If you have a lot of Health Points (more than 5,000), then there is no need to defend since your pet will be able to take all damages without fear.

And since there are plenty of items which can raise your pet's strength (Strength Serum, Essence Of Drackonack, Bubbling Fungus, Twisted Potion of Strength, Power Negg, Cool Negg, Ferocious Negg and lately Altador Strength Potion), defense (Armoured Negg, Silver Knight Negg, Meridellian Potion of Defence , Scroll of the Warrior, Cooling Balm of the Warrior), you can choose your strategy on how you will raise your pet's stats.

Finally, with the Faeries back, you can get random Faerie Quests which can also help your chosen pet to gain some points

Oh Ididn't know that the battledome was so complicated. Ok, here is another question. If your stats can only be twice that of your level ... why did it let me raise my hp to 90 while I was at level 32. Now I have to pay 3 codestone to up my attack, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

If you're training at the Mystery Island school, you can raise your pets' endurance to three times their level. :yes: You have to train their level up to within half of their endurance to continue training other stats though.

If you're training at the Mystery Island school, you can raise your pets' endurance to three times their level. :yes: You have to train their level up to within half of their endurance to continue training other stats though.

Yeah I just figured that one out. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr now it will cost me 3 codestones instead of the 2. This is really gonna hurt. Good thing I have about 10 to 20 of each saved up (always check for low prices lol)

Name : sandy_kaloo

Species : Wocky

Agility : 23 (GREAT (23))

Attack Strength : 59 (EXCELLENT (59))

Defence Strength : 45 (EXCELLENT (45))

Current hp: 95 / 95

Level : 40

3 codestones... that's not too much and you only need a few hours to complete a course.

When you'll reach the Grand Master level with 8 codestones and 24 hours to wait... Just got out of this mess and went to Ninja School ^^

Training Health Points is really important, the fights will last longer since your pet can take more damages. Since you have 95 Health Points, you can go up to 120 without leveling up. Then you raise your pet's level to 60 and train Strength (and Defense if you want)

3 codestones... that's not too much and you only need a few hours to complete a course.

When you'll reach the Grand Master level with 8 codestones and 24 hours to wait... Just got out of this mess and went to Ninja School ^^

Training Health Points is really important, the fights will last longer since your pet can take more damages. Since you have 95 Health Points, you can go up to 120 without leveling up. Then you raise your pet's level to 60 and train Strength (and Defense if you want)

Ohhhhhhhhhh I don't even want to think about 8 codestones lol OUCH. I have not even looked at the Ninja School, will have to check it out.

When you are in a fight... the power%, what does that relate to, it seems when I sink or burrow or use those items it goes down fast, is there a way to make that last longer

When you are in a fight... the power%, what does that relate to, it seems when I sink or burrow or use those items it goes down fast, is there a way to make that last longer

The effect varies for different abilities, but you can set the strength of an ability to change the power drain. :yes: