New Trophies

jumpingbeans

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new trophy?

• Yes
    • No
    • What new trophies?

If you look in the Rules, under Daily Dare rules, you'll see this topic: Simplified Trophy Tiers. You then will see that, instead of the past Ubberfirric and Spifftasic, It's Gold, Silver, Bronze and Participation Ribbon. And I the only one who's upset about this? Because I liked the only trophies, and the ability to show how good you are(even though I never got the best. :P). What about you guys? Do you like the new trophies, or did you like the other ones better? And why?

It probably means that everything will be calculated a lot quicker so therefore trophies will we awarded quicker?

I only got the Games Master trophy a few weeks ago and that was from November, ruddy ridiculous!

Honestly, I really like the names of the old trophies and probably the look of the old trophies but I really thought it was unfair how heavily the old trophies top positions relied on completing the challenge on release day. I appreciate the fact the top trophy results from completing on release day but if for one day a month I have to complete the challenge a day later I get 5 trophies down, that was unfair to me so appreciate the new system for that much.

I don't mind the simplified trophy system. The old system was very unique and interesting, but it was almost too hard to get the top trophies. I also assume this is easier for TNT to calculate, which means quicker trophies for us. (maybe they have something awesome to focus on right after DD)

Do they have the criteria for the new trophies? I'm at work so I can't go and check to see for myself, I'm going to have to rely on you all.

Otherwise I was looking forward to trying to get the Uberrific Spifftastic Spasmatic Best Trophy, and probably failing and just getting the participation medal. Ugh.

Simplified Trophy Tiers

This year we've simplified the trophy tiers and increased the prize opportunities each day. There are four trophy levels this year that you can attain during Daily Dare.

Gold - Beat AAA each challenge day.

Silver - Complete all challenges before the end of Daily Dare, beating AAA at least once.

Bronze - Beat Abigail each challenge day.

Participation Medal - Complete one or more challenges.

That's the full description from the Daily Dare page for the simplified trophies.

So as I read that, if I beat AAA's score for each challenge sometime before the end of the month, I'll get a gold trophy? And my bonus prize is the satisfaction and extra bonus prizes for beating AAA on launch day?

I'm going to go with a dislike on the simplified trophies. I'll probably end up with Silver anyways.

Dislike, because silver = second place and I already have too much of that on my lookup. Also, the prizes will be worthless since almost everyone is going to get silver.

I really like the names of the old trophies better than plain old gold, silver, and bronze. This is my first daily dare though, so I don't feel like I can say one way or the other. And people keep mentioning prize tiers. Are there additional prizes at the end other than what you get for beating the specific scores every day?

Edit: Never mind, I see that prizes are awarded along with each trophy...

Personally I like the new trophy system it's nice and simple. I'm hoping to get the silver trophy this year.

I like my spiffy trophies. However, it will be much easier to determine how good a gamer someone is. I really don't feel like hunting down the prior trophy descriptions to see how well someone did. Maybe TNT chose more/better prizes over fancy trophies.

I liked the old ones better. Also, I think there should be a step between "Beat AAA everyday" and "Beat AAA at least once". I'm pretty sure anyone can beat AAA once. But it's hard to beat him every time. There should be something in between.

• 3 weeks later...