Freezers

Which would you pick - black frost cannon or rainbow frost cannon? They are pretty much of equal value, and I know neither is a 100% freezer, but it's got to be better than Kayla's freezing potion. (I'm not buying yet another scroll of freezing) lol ;)

I have a BFC from the old days. I used to have an RFC, too, before I gave it to my brother who lost his old account info.

BFC has the best freeze percentage for 2p. Garbage icons for either of them, but I tell ya, playing defensively it is heartwarming to watch your opponent scream at your statistically likely "lucky freeze" on the third or fourth round.

Going head to head against Snowglobe Staff, alot of users give up the possibility of getting lucky since they lose a slot creating yellow snowballs or breaking. Frost Cannons deal more predictable icons but also are guaranteed never to waste your time by breaking before they freeze.

Since the freeze is my win condition more than the icons, I'll take the better freeze chance, so BFC for me.

• 3 weeks later...

i've also been looking for a good freezer. thinking about getting the h4000 helmet eventually, but for now, snowglobe staff will have to do :/

I would buy a Randomly Firing Freeze Ray, 50% chance at a steal price? Yes please

I have a Randomly Firing Freeze Ray. I'm thinking about selling it and buying a snowglobe staff. Which is a better freezer though, this ray or the snowglobe staff?

I have a Randomly Firing Freeze Ray. I'm thinking about selling it and buying a snowglobe staff. Which is a better freezer though, this ray or the snowglobe staff?

Are you kidding me? You can buy like 3 SSs when you sell a RFFR. BUT Snowglobe Staff only has a 1/5 chance to freeze, 4/5 chance of being useless.

RFFR offers 1/2 chance of freeze, 1/2 chance of doing damage. For only 250K and up... While H4000 is 100% chance freezer but has a price over 3 million or 5 I think.

So... RFFR it is

It really depends on what you aim in the Battledome:

- If you only play 1-player (getting avatars, doing plots only), then it doesn't matter which one you want. If you don't freeze your opponent on first try, then you can withdraw and start again.

- If you only play 1-player and fight a lot, then the fact that you can freeze at 50% will lower the number of withdrawals and hence don't waste too much time in the Battledome

- If you play 2-players, then avoid both items. Here either 100% freezers or multiple freezers should be in your set

Do you guys think the price of the Randomly Firing Freeze Ray is going to increase? I sold mine off, but now regret it, and want to replace it in my set. Should I wait for the price to go down, or buy now?

The price is probably going to jump. Some people are still confused about the effect of it and a lot of people just shoved it into their SDB without thinking about it.

The price is probably going to jump. Some people are still confused about the effect of it and a lot of people just shoved it into their SDB without thinking about it.

Ugh that's what I thought...I really regret selling mine :/ i have a couple of offers up on the TP, so hopefully someone will accept :guiltysmiley:

Ugh that's what I thought...I really regret selling mine :/ i have a couple of offers up on the TP, so hopefully someone will accept :guiltysmiley:

So, what happened? Did anyone accept? I feel sorry for you for selling it off. But buying it now would be the best option. Since it hasn't inflated that bad. That's why I got mine the day after it was awarded

So, what happened? Did anyone accept? I feel sorry for you for selling it off. But buying it now would be the best option. Since it hasn't inflated that bad. That's why I got mine the day after it was awarded

Yeah I ended up paying 225k for it, after selling mine for 210k. Not too much of a loss, enough to remind me not to do that next time :laughingsmiley:

Will probably resell at some point eventually since I don't really BD, and I just want to make pure nps :P

Wait.. Why exactly is it worth that much if it was given away at the staff tourny..? Aren't there like tons of them?

I think there is still a majority of Neopians who bet that Dirigibles would win the match-up.

Rainbow Frost Cannon has a ~20% success rate for 300K so this one with a 50% guaranteed success rate... Either its price will keep on increasing or the prices of the other freezers with lower success rates will abruptly fall...