Scrolling

On my laptop with vista. All of a sudden the arrow keys have stated to scroll my screen up and down (never happened before and now I cant play games). It is driving me crazy. Anyone have a sollution to this.

On my laptop with vista. All of a sudden the arrow keys have stated to scroll my screen up and down (never happened before and now I cant play games). It is driving me crazy. Anyone have a sollution to this.

Try clicking on the game. If you click anywhere on the page other than in the game that isn't a link (like the blank space on either side for example), you will get exactly the problem you described.

restart your computer.usually that fixes the problem. hope that works! :laughingsmiley:

restart your computer.usually that fixes the problem. hope that works! :laughingsmiley:

Restarted my computer and this did not fix the problem. Any other suggestion, anyone lol

I'm actually having the same issue. It makes playing meerca chase very difficult! If anyone has some tips other than switching to a different browser please post them! (I'm currently using internet explorer)

Hmm... I'm not too familiar with Windows glitches, but this sounds like you have Scroll Lock on. If you do, turning it off may help. :)

Hmm... well a possible workaround might be to set the game size to large, so that it opens in a new window with no scrollbar.

I am having this problem, too.

Never happen before. It happens for some games and not other games.

Happen: bullleye, extreme faerie cloud(luckily this game don't need the up/down arrow), attack of reverge, dubloon disaster, chia bomber, usul suspect.

Not happen: Imperial exam, snow moucher.

I am not sure when this first happen because I was too busy to play those games (except the daily dare) for 5 days. It didn't happen 5 days ago. And definitely happened yesterday.

PS My computer is window xp and using internet explorer.

Hmm... well a possible workaround might be to set the game size to large, so that it opens in a new window with no scrollbar.

It works, but not all games have this ability and sometimes when using the larger size I have issues submitting my score. So for now I have mainly stayed away from games that need the up and down arrow keys.

I've done some research and this looks to be a common bug in Internet Explorer. I've been unable to find any workarounds for the problem, short of manually messing around with frames, and I don't think there's a way to live-edit the code on a page in Internet Explorer like there is in Firefox, so that's not an option for a site that you aren't actually coding...

When playing Flash games that you can't get to pop out in their own window, perhaps you could try right-clicking near the edge of the game's frame and telling Internet Explorer to display only that frame? That should allow you to effectively open the game in its own tab (although you have to remove '&inpage=1' from the end of the URL to get rid of the score listing).

Beyond that... well, is there any particular reason you're using Internet Explorer? :P

I was using Windows XP & Internet Explorer 8. I had the same problem when I played Hannah and the Kreludor Caves of the arrow keys scrolling the screen. It just starting happening recently on my computer & my daughter's. I tried everything above & more & nothing worked. And I searched & searched on the internet. I think someone may be correct when saying the problem is an explorer bug not Windows XP because I just switched to google chrome on my daughter's computer and the problem is gone. I don't want to switch from IE 8 on my computer & her computer is slow so if anyone comes up with something else to try please let me know.

I've done some research and this looks to be a common bug in Internet Explorer. I've been unable to find any workarounds for the problem, short of manually messing around with frames, and I don't think there's a way to live-edit the code on a page in Internet Explorer like there is in Firefox, so that's not an option for a site that you aren't actually coding...

When playing Flash games that you can't get to pop out in their own window, perhaps you could try right-clicking near the edge of the game's frame and telling Internet Explorer to display only that frame? That should allow you to effectively open the game in its own tab (although you have to remove '&inpage=1' from the end of the URL to get rid of the score listing).

Beyond that... well, is there any particular reason you're using Internet Explorer? :P

As I am plying on my laptop I do not have a lot of space to download anything

Hmm... both Firefox and Chrome (your two major options in terms of awesome browsers) are actually quite lightweight, and shouldn't exceed 20 MiB or so once installed. If you have that much space to spare, then they're definitely worth trying.

Hmm... both Firefox and Chrome (your two major options in terms of awesome browsers) are actually quite lightweight, and shouldn't exceed 20 MiB or so once installed. If you have that much space to spare, then they're definitely worth trying.

TY I just might do that. I have a bit of space. (I hate change lol)

Well, Firefox 4 is slated for release in just under a week's time - that will bring some significant changes to the interface, so if you're looking at Firefox, you might want to wait until then. :)

*cough*Firefox*cough* :P

*ahem* Neither of those browsers are inherently better. It really depends on your preference. ;) Downloading both and trying them out for yourself is probably the best option, if you have the time and space to do so.

*cough*Firefox*cough* :P

*ahem* Neither of those browsers are inherently better. It really depends on your preference. ;) Downloading both and trying them out for yourself is probably the best option, if you have the time and space to do so.

hahahaha you are sooooooo funny. A while ago, can't remember what I was doing or what "on-line" help I was using {I think it was pogo}, but they said ohhh you NEED to download firefox to get that to work (push push) hehehheh. anyway it did not solve the problem so I uninstalled it (as I hate extra stuff on puter slowing me down) lol. anyway I think I will try each of them now since this is effecting what I am wanting to do.

Technically, having Firefox installed won't slow your computer down. The only performance-related thing it can affect is disk fragmentation, which is usually quite easy to take care of. ;) But anyway, good luck with the browser trials!

Woohoo! The load of awesome that is Firefox 4 is landing in only one day!