Scrolling

Ugh, I had this problem too. The only way I could fix it was to either open the game in extra-large mode or use google chrome. I opted for google chrome because the new games won't open in extra large. Sorry for your problem, I feel your pain! :sad02:

firefox???? more like slowfox or backwardfox. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I downloaded it and the only good thing about it is the no scrolling. It actually took me 10 minutes to fire 3 the petpets out of the cannon on todays daily dare. I sat here and watched them and could count the number of times they turned in the air. Whats up with that. I couldn't catch any of my p3s in my habby, everytime I clicked on them, by the time it caught up the p3 was across the board. rediculous. Turmy roll wouldn't even roll. OMG unbelievable. And dont get me started about my favs that didn't transfer over argggggggggggg. Back to IE for me, as other than the scrolling and the very odd crash, I have been happy and not sitting here wasting my time watching games that don't move. Ty for input lol

firefox???? more like slowfox or backwardfox. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I downloaded it and the only good thing about it is the no scrolling. It actually took me 10 minutes to fire 3 the petpets out of the cannon on todays daily dare. I sat here and watched them and could count the number of times they turned in the air. Whats up with that. I couldn't catch any of my p3s in my habby, everytime I clicked on them, by the time it caught up the p3 was across the board. rediculous. Turmy roll wouldn't even roll. OMG unbelievable. And dont get me started about my favs that didn't transfer over argggggggggggg. Back to IE for me, as other than the scrolling and the very odd crash, I have been happy and not sitting here wasting my time watching games that don't move. Ty for input lol

Very curious, as favourites and settings should have been imported from IE without any trouble, unless you had an existing profile from the last time you tried Firefox (in which case it wouldn't have offered to import any settings). If that's the case, this page should give you information on how to track down your obsolete Firefox profile and get rid of it, after which reinstalling should let you import your stuff from IE.

As for the slowness, it looks like your system has some of the usual crapware on it that injects poorly written add-ons and plugins into Firefox without your consent, slowing it down drastically (this is where most 'slow Firefox' issues come from, and it's really difficult for Firefox devs to do much about it). If you're still interested, you can try going to Firefox > Add-ons and disabling any extensions and plugins you don't use (if in doubt, just disable it, you can always just re-enable it later if it turns out you need it).

You'll also want to make sure your version of Flash player for Firefox is up-to-date (as it's actually Flash player, not Firefox, that runs Neopets games).

I have the same problem with my laptop and i just downloaded the new version of IE and i have a windows 7. But I think its neopets, not the browser or the computer. But go to turmac roll and play it, it works fine for me, but when i play faerie cloud racers it messes up all over again....

Very curious, as favourites and settings should have been imported from IE without any trouble, unless you had an existing profile from the last time you tried Firefox (in which case it wouldn't have offered to import any settings). If that's the case, this page should give you information on how to track down your obsolete Firefox profile and get rid of it, after which reinstalling should let you import your stuff from IE.

As for the slowness, it looks like your system has some of the usual crapware on it that injects poorly written add-ons and plugins into Firefox without your consent, slowing it down drastically (this is where most 'slow Firefox' issues come from, and it's really difficult for Firefox devs to do much about it). If you're still interested, you can try going to Firefox > Add-ons and disabling any extensions and plugins you don't use (if in doubt, just disable it, you can always just re-enable it later if it turns out you need it).

You'll also want to make sure your version of Flash player for Firefox is up-to-date (as it's actually Flash player, not Firefox, that runs Neopets games).

The profile part I have deleted and then reinstalled twice and still no favs argggggggggggg

As for the slowness, I didnt even bother with, if I cant have my favs I am not going to sit and recreate them one by one, very very painful. any suggestions???

Very weird indeed. I've never encountered a case where importing bookmarks from IE didn't work before. Could you try the instructions here and see if you get any results?

• 2 months later...

I just started getting this problem today....I had played 31 games of Yooyuball, then about a dozen games of MSN and when I went back to YYB, it started doing the scrolling thing. Now I can't play it and the scroll is happening on every screen.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.