~Staff Daily Dare Chat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes a lot of eye-hands coordination.

I'll have to practice later... I couldn't sleep last night because I kept seeing novas shooting at me as soon as I closed my eyes... maybe it was a bad idea to play that game for an hour before going to bed.

I totally fail at Nova Defender. I rocked the first release of it, but I can't get past Level 4 on the rerelease. Most of the time I can't make it past Level 3. I played for 8 hours straigh last night, with no significant improvement. :(

The strategy used by Savamal (who is both a forum member and member of my guild):

Okay... updated strategy since I've made it (791,299 points)

Try to kill the evil novas first and then collect the gems together. That way you can get more points!

1/ Play Hard mode

2/ Level 1: Try to get 50,000+ points

3/ Level 2: Try to get 60,000+ points (total: 110,000+ points). Buy the 3-way shots

4/ Level 3: Try to get 150,000+ points (total: 260,000+ points) and try to die with 1 second left. Don't buy anything since I've noticed I make more points with 3-way shots than 5-way shots

5/ Level 3: Try to get 150,000+ points (total: 410,000+ points) and try to die with 1 second left. Don't buy anything

6/ Level 3: Try to get 150,000+ points (total: 560,000+ points). You should have enough gems to buy 2-way shots AND back shots (10,000 and 15,000 gems)

7/ Level 4: At the beginning of the level, try to kill all evil novas (don't care of the central nova) and collect gems to increase your score. If you can go through this level, next one is really easy! At some points, begin to protect the central nova and hope lol

8/ Level 5: Really easy, don't need to buy anything and beat AAA's score!

I can do really well on step 1 and 2. I get around 120,000 for them.

But 3... drives me crazy.

Eye-hand coordination... oh dear. I completely lack any semblance of that.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time this weekend, hopefully, playing this, so I can get the score. I refuse to let this break my AAA streak. (Though I'll have to practice Chia Bomber as well, considering my HS is just over 400.)

The strategy used by Savamal (who is both a forum member and member of my guild):

I can do really well on step 1 and 2. I get around 120,000 for them.

But 3... drives me crazy.

Same. I almost always die in the last 15 seconds, especially when I try to make it through the thrid time. Then I die in Level 4. :( I need to keep trying to beat AAA. I want his prize.

I finished Chia Bomber before going to bed last night. I might try to improve my score later.

Okay, I want opinions of the DDST for TDN, what do you think we should do for future staff enents if we decide to continue them, I believe that more User Participation is necessary. Also, Ian, what is the page view count (would it be possible to see a day-day graph? please mail) for the page, I'd like to do some work to come up with better ideas for a future staff-community event.

IDEAS:

• Team Graphics
  • More User Participation like...
  • Effect on staffer scores
  • more?

• 2 weeks later...

I got Dubloon Disaster yesterday. (Thanks to a 1000 Dubloon as my very first one.)

So now:

Nova Defender ( :sad02: )

Jumpin Gem Heist

Goparokko (I just haven't had time yet.)

I tried Gem yesterday. After 3 hours and a massive migraine I said enough, and figured I'd go home, eat, then try again. Since I went straight to bed, it seems that would be my homework for today.

And time challenged, don't forget that. :P At least I managed to finish today's challenge. xD

I haven't gotten to attempt today's for more than 10 minutes. But in those 10 minutes, I managed to get 250. So I'll be completing it after my morning work stuff is done.

Announcements