Day 20: Sutek's Tomb

hrtbrk

I've been able to nail this challenge with ease myself with 4,026 out of 3,100 points.

Day 20 is considered is complete success! :oink:

Sometimes you don't notice yourself using the code... May i ask how you guys could complete it... I only get enough to get the avatar but not enough for AAA, which is awkward.... Is there any secret?

BEFORE you start a game, type the first letters of the time bonus: "plzsutekcanihavemoretim"

Then choose hard mode and concentrate on the lower rows. If there are combos, you will have more of them when you're removing tiles from the bottom instead from the top.

Try to connect 4 or 5 tiles together as it gives some extra time. I usually get about 2,000-2,500 points without worrying about the time.

When the time is nearly over, press the "e" key to complete the cheat code for time bonus so you can have 30 seconds to play and beat AAA's score. Obviously you shouldn't type anything or the cheat code won't work. By the way, if you're stuck and don't know what to do, type "pyramibread" (caution: no "d", it's pyrami !) to get a hint. But be careful since if you entered the first part of the time bonus, you will have to retype the whole cheat code in order to get 30 more seconds to play.

Normally you shouldn't use "pyramibread" because if you can prepare the next move you'll play faster and hence get more points faster

Good luck everyone :)

A small tip from me, one that I often forgot and cost me loads of time:

When you made a move, don't watch the blocks fall. :laughingsmiley: Use the time of the animation to search for the next move, so you can make a new combo immediately after the animation of the last one.

uggh :( I hate this game, well not really, I just hate that I can never get a score over 1000. This is going to take forever for me :( well maybe I'll have a new avatar later though. Cross your fingers for me.

It's a bit silly when AAA's score is 1k+ higher than the avatar score.

Whatever the case, I think I'll finally be giving up completely today and just going for Abi's score on this game and Nova Defender. At least there's no more stress. ^_^

Edit: So, I beat the score but the website rejected it. Have to try again now. The stress stays.

I always look for the vertical combos first, since they tend to make more combos when they fall (and that's the easiest way to get lots of points). Just make sure that whenever you can, you make a 4 or a 5 combo instead of a 3 combo and you'll get lots of points. It's really not that bad of a game.

I LOVE this game! I wish today's had been a Double Dare. My all-time HS in this game is over 18k. :D

Same here. Mine is like 25K. But. I beat this in 9 minutes so I'm happy. I freaked out when I saw Sutek's Tomb was today's game.

This was a triumph. Huge success. :D

The wearable is cute but I don't see my pets wearing it over their heads.

Yay! I'd been waiting for this game! Ever since I got the avvie, I've been addicted to Sutek's Tomb, although I haven't played it as much since the NP ration dropped back to 0.14 (when it was 0.44, I used to get 1000 NPs with 2000-ish points, which is what I normally achieve). I do wish it had been a Double Dare though. Oh well.

I just LOVE AAA's prize. When I saw a preview of it, I was afraid it was going to be Lulu's prize. I need to make my husband play this so he can give me his prize. :whistle:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to beat AAA. The highest I've gotten is about 2600 and that isn't very often. Every time the scarab, the ankh, or the phantom orange shirt guy appears (I've seen him twice!) I can't get them to the bottom before the board gets reshuffled. I try to make vertical matches because it seems to cause the most chain reaction matches. I watch out for chances to make matches with 4/5 squares. Maybe I'm just not fast enough. :(

Edit: woohoo! Just had an amazing game of 3943! Combos were falling left and right and the points/time were just racking up! I guess I just needed that lucky game where I made the right combination of combos. I'm very excited to have finally beat AAA on this game. Now only Nova Defender stands between me and the gold trophy. :D