Day 23: Wrath of the Snowager

hrtbrk

That someone would be me, hrtbrk! This was the only New Game Challenge I could ace gracefully, and I aced the Daily Dare for this game as well!

Day 23 out of 31 is deemed successful! :bike:

Joy it's a game I'm not good at XD I keep hitting the wall *fails* Atleast I now know that I can beat Abby's score XD gonna see if I can somehow beat AAA's score though.

I'm used to weird glitches on my ancient computer, but this one is too bizarre. I've tried playing this game several times now. When I hit a drop-the-loot powerup or an extra life, it works. When I hit an extra icy blast or a score multiplier, it doesn't. When I asked my know-it-all friend why I have no exp bar or friends list in Habitarium (but I get exp the same way everyone else does), he said my video card/graphics processor just ignores commands it's too feeble to understand (and a lot of other stuff I'm too feeble to understand too). Does that sound feasible to anyone? Why would some powerups work and others fail on the same game? I finished the game and still only got 150000 points because the @#$! score multipliers don't register. The obvious solution for beating AAA is to play on another computer somewhere else (work comes to mind), but I'd love to know exactly what the problem really is and if there's a cheapish fix for it. There must be some experts around here...!

I was really hoping this game would be featured this year, it is my absolute favourite! A pity AAA's prize doesn't look fantastic - the poor Snowager's head looks like it's about to bobble right off!

What did they change in the game?

When it was first released, I managed a score of 650k and achieved that on level 5 or 6 (at least). Today people are beating AAA after level 3 [on hard]. :eh:

I lovvvvvve this game. So happy to see it for DD. Play it on hard. Depending on how fast you can beat each level, you may beat the score on level 3. You should have it for sure, no matter how slow you are by level 5. Slow and steady. Don't make crazy moves. Just keep it simple :D

What did they change in the game?

When it was first released, I managed a score of 650k and achieved that on level 5 or 6 (at least). Today people are beating AAA after level 3 [on hard]. :eh:

Not to make you feel bad or so.. but I get 1m+ scores and I never leave the first level :P

The trick is to die.. srsly. When you have 19 out of 20 pieces, run into a wall ;). Usually you should get life bonuses in the first level. A 600k score is reached with 4/5 lifes.. so you need to get one or two extra life bonuses, not quite uncommon in WotSW :)

Let me note that, if you do not ever die.. you should indeed get 600k+ by the sixth level, but the first level is by far the best level pointwise: w/o the time bonus (which btw, never seems to change) level 1 will give you about 130k points. (You get a 30kish time bonus, which adds up to about 160k for the first level, if you finish)

But repeating level 1 over and over is by far the easiest way to get to AAA's score. At least, if your luck doesn't let you down immensively xD

Great tip! Thanks for letting us know :D

I still don't remember it being that easy when it was first released lol

When it was first released, you lost the points you had, when you died. Now you get to keep them.