Day 29: Extreme Herder

hrtbrk

Nice wearable (Otto_Matik has it in the background ^^)

Two days remaining... I really wonder if Destruct-o-Match III will be one of the two last games... Too many times the Featured Game this month... maybe for some practice before a challenging Daily Dare?

My old score was 145, but I managed to up it to 167 now due to increased skill for beating AAA.

Day 29 is finished. :king:

@Savamal: I was practicing on Destruct-O-Match 3 as well recently and exceeded the old AAA scores of 1500 (DD 2010) and 1700 (DD 2009). I could see what I can do this time around.

Try to begin levels on the left side near Baltazar's appearance so that if there are petpets there, you can save them before he eats them (you won't have time on later levels since doors at the sides will disappear first). Moreover, after level 11 you only have one entry on the left to put those petpets in safety... So when you only have one petpet remaining, go for the left entry.

Try not to depend on freezing him too much since on later levels you won't have that type of bonus. Moving faster is great and can save some petpets.

When you have 2-3 petpets near Baltazar, try to remove them one by one. Take the closest and move away. Press the spacebar to release him and take another one. Beware when you release your petpet that you won't take it again by mistake. Get used of using the spacebar can help you to get a better score.

If you're near AAA's score, try to focus on the petpet which holds a star on his head since he gives more points.

Good luck everyone

My high score is 287, so I think I can do this. I challenge AAA without trying first. Hope this is not a big mistake.

Edit:Phew, it is harder than I thought, but I have finally manage it! And I am now wondering how did I manage that 287 from before.

Two days to go. I hope the last day won't be meerca chase.

My all-time high score is 199. I beat it by getting about 163. Just takes some luck and practice. The guide was almost worthless other than the pointer about making sure you're near the point where Balthazar enters.

Here's the AAA item for those wondering if it's worth it:

gif_balthazar_loomingshadow.gif

AAA's prize looks so cool! Adds to the spookiness of my ghost pet :D I got really frustrated with this game, kept dying at 143 and then reached 151 and the score wouldn't send...twice -_- Glad its over with!!

This one really surprised me. I saw a peek of Abigail's prize, but I was expecting it to be for Extreme Herder 2. I saw the score for AAA of 150 and was like, that easy? Then I saw it was the first one.

Not too bad for me. (I used to LOVE this game and play it daily, years ago.) My HS was over 190. It took me a few tries because I kept getting bad Petpet set ups in the later levels. But I got AAA's score. :D

Beat it in one go. This is one of my favorite games! :laughingsmiley:

For anyone who's struggling when there's only one entrance to the pen left, remember that Balthazar only goes for one Petpet at a time. In many cases, Balthazar will be on the left of the pen, and all the petpets will be on the right. If Balthazar's moving down, try to grab petpets from the bottom right to get him to go after a new one that's higher, so he changes direction and moves up. If he's moving up, try to grab petpets from the top right to get him to change direction and move down towards a different petpet. If you do this well you can get him to just move up and down on the left side of the pen, far away from all the petpets. Good luck everybody!

The tips in here have been great ... they have been slowly helping me improve my score. However, I had to come here and vent... 149 ... 149! then I got eaten and there was no way to really escape it. So much rage that I almost threw the laptop.