Speedtest!

rachiee

For those who haven't heard of it, Speedtest is a website that measures your ISP's ping, upload and download speed.

1239823355.png

I love Verizon. ^_^ It's so much faster compared to dial-up, which my family had about five years ago. xD

Anyway, post your results here. :)

I took one look at your times, Erika, and went o_O . I'm also with Shaw, and my speeds don't seem that bad. So, I ran the test, and these are my results:

1240140003.png

Go figure. My upload speed sucks, but the download is pretty awesome.

1240808775.png

Just for the sake of nitpicking, I should mention that these tests are generally quite approximate, as they don't account for the load on different test servers, local networks, etc. For example, the download speed result I got from this test is about 16 times faster than my average transfer speed when pulling actual files from nearby servers.

Guest Yoshinho

1244100800.png

Well there you go. the Upload is messed up because someone is playing CoD Online on the same network in my house.

1245869618.png

I don't think this is true... (maybe I just don't want to believe it's true)

But, when I did it a second time, I got a different result, especially on the ping-thing:

1245875279.png

Weird <_<

Your connection speed will vary considerably with time - and since ping is measured in milliseconds, it can vary quite a lot. :yes:

Your connection speed will vary considerably with time - and since ping is measured in milliseconds, it can vary quite a lot. :yes:

Oh, okay! Thank you for pointing that out ^_^

1255913651.png

mehhh. I can have Habitarium open and play KQ without major problems. That's how I judge my connections lol. Though if my roommate is using his Apple TV, things slow down a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

1292730296.png

It's not even DSL, either, but AT&T's allegedly faster (and more expensive) Uverse service. It goes out quite often, especially when it storms, but AT&T won't come out and service it -- even though we have a utility cable down across our driveway (every utility company claims it's not theirs). Really not happy to be paying more for such terrible service (I just moved here a month ago) -- I can barely use Skype, which is my only phone service.

1295936978.png

Hrm...Comcast..

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Actually it kinda is not really that good. :P

Thanks. I feel much better now. :P

To be fair though, the server was in a different State. :worried:

Do you know of a way to make the results better?