Wheels of Neopia

Piticent

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which Wheel?

Ok ive been doin heels for a while now, and now ive just stopped completely with them exept for mediocrity...so im questioning every one...

1. Excitement - Besides the avvy, Is it REALLY worth it? 500 NP is a lot to spend. i mean after all i get the ? every time which means ive probobly all in all lost like 4K im sure.

2. Mediocrity - No question i land on 500 NP spot most of the time, if not 1000

3. Misfortune - Really? is there a single spot to landon that gives you a profit?

4. Knowledge - I mean besides the avvy, should you really do it? I land on the "advice" spot every time and ive seen it all like 3 times...

5. Monotony - (A) seldom do i have time to spin it (b) i didt land on the pain brush

So are they really worth it?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I only spin the really expensive ones (knowledge & excitement) so I can get the avvies :P I usually spin monotony because, even though it takes sooooooooo long, a lot of the prizes are really good, and it's cheap :)

I spin them all every day, except monotony cause it takes too long. Excitement over all I end up about even on, Mediocrity is usually a gain. Misfortune I usually lose on, but it's not too expensive. Once I did get a batterfly which I sold for 15k. Knowledge I only do cause I still need the avvie, and the job coupons are good if i'm lucky enough to get one. :P

EDIT: I have to add though, be careful with the Wheel of Misfortune. Once I just followed all the links from the dailies page and did Excitement before Misfortune, and won a morphing potion from excitement (not a very expensive one, green kyrii, but it was still neat) and then I went to my next tab where I had been spinning the Wheel of Misfortune. It landed on the Pant Devil, and guess what he took... My Green Kyrii Morphing Potion. Of course. ><

I spin knowledge everyday because I still need the avatar from it. Sometimes I'll spin the monotony but it's not an everyday thing. It takes forever but the prizes aren't bad. I really don't touch the other wheels since I get the avvies from them. I'd rather save the money.

I agree that Mediocrity is worth it, but I think that Knowledge might also be worth it, too. About two months ago I got a brightvale job coupon that sold for about 500k,which made it worth it to spin again for ...(too lazy to do the math)...a lot more times :P . I don't know how rare that is, but I think that when the brightvale one pays off, it pays really big.

I spin the Wheel of Mediocrity as many times a day as possible. It's crazy the amount of times I get 2k and 4k. I make TONS more than I spend on it.

The Wheel of Knowledge I spin once, as allowed, hoping for the avatar. I figure 400 NP a day for an avatar isn't bad. Especially since once in awhile, I get expensive items, like a Scroll of Freezing that sold for about 100k.

Wheel of Excitement, I spin a few times a day. I've gotten an Orange Kougra MP from it, as well as 2.5k a few times.

Mediocrity is definitely worth it, paying back a lot more then it used to.

Excitement...I'm still not sure. if you count the selling stuff, I'm probably breaking even, but the illness can be really annoying, and the wheel seems far more rigged since the revamp. I used to hit the top spot every two days, now I haven't gotten it once since the revamp.

Knowledge I'm going for the avatar, the possibility of a million dollar book and the job coupons keep it decent, especially since I've sold quite a few of the job coupons since I started spinning it.

Monotony...again since the revamp, been pretty unlucky with it(I used to get Mazzews and codestones all the time), but it's worth it with the paint brush and codestones, though the first and second time I got a paint brush, they weren't deflated from Keyquest, so about 450k apiece instead of the 170 they are now...but one paint brush win will let you spin the wheel at a profit for over three years even at the lower price. Oh, and since the revamp, Monotony has been pretty much between 2-2 and a half hours instead of the day long spinning for me.

Misfortune, I only spin if I have an illness that won't go away that's expensive, even then I just put all my money in the bank. I don't want to risk forgetting a book on my main pet, some of those were darn expensive, but I don't even risk her with misfortune.

I spin the wheel of knowledge every day in hopes of getting the avatar. Plus every couple days I'll get some fruit or a book out of it. I never spin the wheel of misfortune except when I was trying to give my pet sneezles for meuka. (I ended up giving up and borrowing a pet instead...) I spin the wheel of mediocrity as often as I can. I'm always excited to get a free petpet, interesting (and sometimes cute) food, or extra np. I may get blasted or bitten every so often, but for the most part I get something good well over 50% of the time on the wheel of mediocrity. I'm starting to debate whether I should bother spinning the wheel of excitement. I tend to always get the question mark or blasted and those good spins when I can get even 500np are few and far in between. I'll probably continue spinning it at least once a day simply because you never know when you might land on that potion space. :) I haven't bothered with the wheel of monotony since I got the avatar. Several days after getting the avatar I landed on the paintbrush and was excited to see what I got, but it just told me I got the avatar again! I had thought you couldn't actually win paintbrushes anymore, so am I wrong? What exciting things can you win from the wheel of monotony?

In summary... wheel of mediocrity pwns all other wheels.

I would of taken the Wheel of Excitement for the free Morphing Potions and such, but I choose the Wheel of Mediocrity instead. My reason why is that it's inexpensive, and you're more likely to get some free Neopoints to make up from your fees for the other wheels. I've been lucky enough to strike the 2,000 NP and 4,000 NP marks numerous times myself. :)

I spin monotony, knowledge and mediocrity as I still need those avies. I have won some good money prizes from mediocrity but on knowledge I mostly get advice although I did once get a scroll worth 100k so that makes up a bit for all the money I've wasted on it.

I spin all of them, minus the Wheel of Misfortune (since I already have the avie) & the Wheel of Mediocrity (because I never get anything worthwhile).

I think I've had a lot more positive outcomes from the Wheel of Excitement than negative ones (especially after the remodel! Did it happen to anyone else?) and I also spin the Wheel of Monotony everyday, it's cheap and there are a lot of good prizes :)

I still need the avie from the Wheel of Knowledge, so I spin that one everyday too - although I'm starting to hate the 'brilliant' advice King Hagan gives. Oh and if you happen to get a scroll you usually make a ton of money out of it, which makes it totally worth it!

I don't spin the wheels often at all, but I tend to spin Mediocrity when I do. I used to spin the Wheel of Excitement daily, but it's just too expensive for little gain (I get more money/potions from stuff like the PetPet Park Daily or TDMBGPOP)

I also spin the Wheel of Misfortune if I need to get rid of an expensive-to-cure disease & my Neopet is too bloated to eat Poison Jelly but it doesn't always work . . .

I play Medricoty (or however you spell that), Knowledge, and Excitement. It's become part of my Dailies' routine, though I tend to lose money. I just have to, or I feel I missed a chance.

I almost always spin the wheel of Excitement all the time. I still haven't gotten the avatar from it, and that's another reason why I continue to spin it! I almost always get at least my np back on it. Plus I have gotten some morphing potions too. Worth it to me I think :) I also spin the wheel of Knowledge and Mediocrity. Mediocrity I have gotten 4k three times in a row! Pretty good wheel, if I do say so myself. I don't have time for the wheel of monotony, and my browser has been randomly closing here as of late, so it completely defeats the purpose I think.

Im still spinning for the avvies but once i get them then i doubt that i will spin again

this is pretty much my philosophy. i lost more than i won, so i don't really have any particular fancy for the neopian wheels. :)

I spin the wheels all the time .. you can get some nifty neopoints from them ... for example I just got 2k from the WoM , and 2.5k from the WoE .. so I spent 600 np and got 4500 .. that's a good profit :)

of course I'm still waiting for that elusive WoK avatar :sad01_anim: