Morphing Potion versus Paint Brush

Syrin of Neopia

So here's a question that's been bugging me for awhile. Is it cheaper to buy a paint brush or a morphing potion if you're not planning on changing your pet's species?

Does it depend on what type of potion/paint brush you're looking for or is it always cheaper to get a paint brush to change the color?

I believe it depends. Like in the past, a Faerie Shoyru MP was about 2 million, while Faerie PBs at the time were 4 million.

I believe it depends on the demand of the species and the color. If it's a less sought after species, I believe the MP would most likely be cheaper. (But that doesn't make it a rule, considering Shoyrus are a top favorite pet, and it was nearly 2 million cheaper than the PB.)

Just research it when you're ready to buy.

As Spritzie said, it all depends on the color and species. A lot of the really expensive paint brushes are a bit more cheaper in the morphing potion form. I'm thinking of getting the Island Cybunny Morphing Potion since it's in the 4 million range while the paint brush alone is still over 5+ million D:

So if you want a certain color, search the paint brush and the morphing potion of it ^^

Hmm see I'm not sure which pet I want yet. I love the idea of turning my Kougra Faerie, but I like the Tyrannian Kougra too, so I'm still undecided.

I actually have a Tyrannian Kougra looking for a new home if you're interested O:

I actually have a Tyrannian Kougra looking for a new home if you're interested O:

Hmm, that is tempting . . . I may take you up on that offer. I still want to morph/paint my own Kougra, but maybe this way I won't have to choose :)

Hmm, that is tempting . . . I may take you up on that offer. I still want to morph/paint my own Kougra, but maybe this way I won't have to choose :)

Yup so you can get both a Faerie and Tyrannian Kougra and I get to finally give him a new home.

He's name is Tiskuru.

Yup so you can get both a Faerie and Tyrannian Kougra and I get to finally give him a new home.

He's name is Tiskuru.

I sent you a NM on your main. I would love to adopt Tiskuru from you :)

I think it depends...ever since I adopted her I've wanted to paint my Lenny Split(Purple and Orange are my all time favorite colors). When I was comparing prices the morphing potion was alot less than the Split paintbrush. In my situation it doesn't really matter because she'll still be the same pet. If you want a entirealy diffrent pet go for a morphing potion. If you want the same pet, go paint brush. It really depends on the situation.

PS I've been trying to get an Aisha Transmoph potion for my Aisha, Hero, and trust me morphs other than Split Lenny, Green Ogrin, Brown Moehog,and Green Uni are SUPER hard to find and very expensive. The ones I listed are very cheap.