We're Hiring: Altador Cup 6

hrtbrk

Ugh... as much as I want to apply. (I could) I have no access to all parts of the site -_- I'm an experienced writer actually and can cover 7 am - 6 pm I think... But... I will have to leave for my grandma's house soon so I might no be able to post that times... Anyways good lucks to the applicants!

As much as I want to be on the Altador Cup news team... I think I'm going to pass. I like being a freelancer, and I think I'm going to need some more experience before I go and apply to a professional site.happy.gif

I can qualify, it's just that... meh, I don't know...

P.S. I don't think I exactly understand what the Altador Cup commentary and prediction sample are. Could someone elaborate on that more?

I would apply if I wasn't working on my own page this year. Maybe next year. Good luck recruiting, TDN. ^^

Lol, plus i'm not 16 which I didn't know was a requirement. xP

aww... too bad. Im not old enough :P maybe when I turn 16 I'll work for tdn! :laughingsmiley:

Our Altador Cup team is fantastic and they have a lot of fun during the summer writing for us!

If you're a little unsure about applying but are obsessed with the AC, you really should apply anyway. You've got nothing to lose and all of our insanity to gain!;)

¬¬ I was so excited!!! I thought it was for joining to the Altador Cup team you want to play at!!!! hahahahaha

sorry, I like to write but I REALY LIKE the way YOU do it! :D

(excuse my English, I don`t know if I wrote it well :P)

Lol, plus i'm not 16 which I didn't know was a requirement. xP

aww... too bad. Im not old enough :P maybe when I turn 16 I'll work for tdn! :laughingsmiley:

16 is a preference, not a requirement - the requirement is 13. ;)

If I recall correctly, I joined TDN staff long before I turned 16. :P

P.S. I don't think I exactly understand what the Altador Cup commentary and prediction sample are. Could someone elaborate on that more?

Here's daily predictions from last year's finals: Click Here It's basically the matches for the day, who will win in what game, and why.

For a commentary example you can check the old ACV archives for news like this one.

If anyone has more questions they can post them here or they can send me a PM.

Really the major requirements for this position is someone who plans to be online and available at midnight NST during the whole cup.

If you are over 13 years old, you should have access to all parts of Neopets. Some countries don't have access to the NC Mall, but that would not be a big deal for that position.

Doesn't 100 words per prediction minimum seem a little long-winded? I mean, the longest prediction on last years finals was 77 words. The shortest one was 31 words. I just feel like there's only so much you can say in these predictions without either getting redundant or getting outrageous.

Really the major requirements for this position is someone who plans to be online and available at midnight NST during the whole cup.

If you are over 13 years old, you should have access to all parts of Neopets. Some countries don't have access to the NC Mall, but that would not be a big deal for that position.

I'm on at midnight everyday, and have plenty of time to do the predictions. I'm just not 13.

Doesn't 100 words per prediction minimum seem a little long-winded? I mean, the longest prediction on last years finals was 77 words. The shortest one was 31 words. I just feel like there's only so much you can say in these predictions without either getting redundant or getting outrageous.

Feel free to break the rules so long as you believe you have satisfactorily completed the requirement. ;) I like rule breakers.

Feel free to break the rules so long as you believe you have satisfactorily completed the requirement. ;) I like rule breakers.

Awesome. I broke one or two, but I feel like they're fairly justifiable.

Either way, it's too late to change anything. Submitted!

This sounds like tons of fun, but unfortunately, I barely have tie to just play neopets and go on TDN! Oh well. Good luck to anyone else who submitted. :D

Neoboard access is important

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I pretty much qualify, I'm far beyond 13 or even 16, and it's NST where I live, so I'm up at midnight almost every night. And I'm really into the AC. I'm just not sure if I really want to, but I'll consider it; maybe I WILL apply! Yeah, count me in, why not?

...Though I do admit I have had no experience... :*

Thank you to everyone who has applied so far! (If you have not applied yet, it's not too late!)

We are still reviewing applications and need to discuss them further before sending any kind of replies, so please hang on tight :D