Should I open my own Graphics Stand here?

Anukai

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should I open a Graphics Stand here on TDN Forums?

So, yeah. The title is pretty self-explanatory. My most recent work is my lookup on neo, my best friend's lookup (Here), my avatar and siggy here on TDN Forums, and this sig and icon:

sig2.jpgAnukai_Icon.jpg

These are some icons I did a while ago:

icon1.jpgicon2.jpgHaruhi_icon.jpgloveless_icon.jpgMitsukuni_Haninozuka_icon.jpgHitachiinBrothersIcon.jpg

I did have a graphics site on neo, but tnt changed the coding, and I need to re-code all of the lookups. I simply don't have the time for that right now. >.<

Anyways, let me know what you think! ^w^

I've also added a poll in case you don't feel like posting. ;3

EDIT: If you vote no, I'd like to know why if it's not too much trouble. Creative criticism leads to improvement! ^_^

• 2 months later...

I really like your stuff and it is "pretty," but your (epic) layered, intricate style lends itself more to a darker tone of content, I think. With the cloyingly sweet stuff, such as the "omaigosh! CAKE!" icon, I think a simpler style would work better.

I voted "yes."

Your style is rather elaborate (like my usual style heh!), but be careful not to overwhelm the images used with your design. You want to create a delicate balance between them; the designs should enhance the images instead of overpowering them. (Tough I know DDDD: )

Another tip I can give is creating a border around the text or at least lighten the background behind it (using a soft brush or the 'glow' function) enough so that they stand out :). It makes reading the text easier and creates a contrast to the rest of the graphic.

In general, your graphics skills aren't shabby at all, so why not? 'Sides, a board allows you to practice and experiment with new stuff! :D

Yes vote from me. I like how your work somehow strikes a balance between high impact, elaborate art work, and yet

you still manage a fairly clean layout. In my opinion this is difficult to do, so I'm quite impressed with your work.

I was wondering though, since non of your samples are about Neopets, have your ever done Neo related work? And if you haven't do you

think you could or would? This doesn't change my answer in any way, but since this is a Neopets forum I just thought I would ask about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...