ANDROID/iPHONE APP: NEOPETS DAILIES

Javooooo

Android or iPhone  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the Dailies app on iOS or Android?

• iOS (iPhone, iTouch and iPad)
    • Android
    • Windows Phone 7

Habitarium is tough to implement because it relies so much on Flash, and Flash isn't perfect on Android. I'll investigate and report back though! I'm sure we can figure something out!

You will be notified via a PM here on TDN. You'll get your own unique download link.

Thanks!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey neat. I just got a smartphone for the first time Saturday, so I would love this.

Would it cost money or be ad-supported? Because as of now, I'm not paying for apps.

I would be interesting in beta-testing. I have a google Evo with Android.

I would love a Neopets app for my iPod Touch. It would be nice to do dailies on as well as other stuff like Auctions? And Snowager, Turmy. Tarla? Stuff that only occurs at certain times, see. Stuff that needs to be accessed on the fly.

That would be awesome.

I wouldn't pay for it though. lol! I don't pay for apps as a general rule.

@cornflakes and @irishliz, the apps will be free, and may be ad-supported. :D :D

@cornflakes, implementing your time-related dailies stuff in to the app now.

@mustardbeanie and @shootem, added to beta list.

We need a name for this application. Something cool. The best name will get a nice little prize :D Please post your suggestions.

I'm interested! I have an LG Optimus S, 2.2.1. This phone doesn't officially support Flash. Would that affect the ability to use the wheels?

I don't mind ad-supported. But if you do that, and if you have ANY control over the ads that actually show, please don't let those disgusting ones about zombifying yourself, vampires, or "what day will you die" through. lol!!

MMira, I did some research, unfortunately the LG Optimus S 2.2.1 cannot run Flash. The processor is too slow to run Flash, let alone play a wheel on neopets! So with a bog-standard LG Optimus, you wouldn't be able to use the wheels. However, you could try to root your phone, or install a custom-ROM, however this is dangerous (could brick your phone) and may lead to the void of your warranty. You should research the risks before undertaking such a process, and note that we cannot support you.

As for the ad-content, it won't be the annoying or gross ones. Promise!

Cornflakes, thanks for the ideas.

If anyone else has any other ideas, please post them. Ideally a name with Neopets in it would be good, i.e. Neopets Ultimate or something. Prize will be something special- very special!

---------------------------------------

UPDATE: We have now implemented the following features:

-TDN News/Blog Feed

-TNT's Twitter Feed

-Dailies access (Sorted into 3 categories, FREE, NP-RELIANT and WHEELS)

-Guides (currently only game cheat codes, but avatar guide will be implemented soon).

More features, like an avatar guide, coming soon!

This would be completely awesome! It'd be nice to be able to do my dailies on my iPhone when I am too lazy to turn my computer on. I try to do dailies every day at the least. I would love to beta test this for you! I would pay .99 to 2.99 for an app like this!! :D Just letting you know!! I have the iPhone 4 :3

Man, I wish I had an Android phone so I could be a beta tester xD

Currently have an iphone 3g. I'm rather upset with Apple too, so I may switch to Android once I have the money to do so.

I would certainly pay for this app though! Wish Apple supported flash though :angry:

Don't worry, you can be a Beta tester for iOS. We'll need some for iOS as it is an entirely different system to code! We'll start the Beta testing for that soon after the Android version is released.

DEV UPDATE: We are in the final stages of development. We are implementing a game cheats table, an avatar guide, and an Altador Cup VI news feed! Now exciting! Stay tuned Beta testers for the release. The app will hit the Android Market probably within 1-2 days for Beta testers.

Hm... I know it isn't very inventive, but how about Neopets Dailies? Though it looks like you're adding a bit more than just dailies...

*thinks*

Liz, great minds think a like! We came up with the same "inventivel" name!

App will be released soon!

You probably wouldn't be able to actually use "neopets" in the title because of copyright stuff. I kind of liked Neopal though, lol.

I'm surprised TNT/Viacom hasn't released an app yet. They already got all up in the Facebook business. I have a crackberry, so flash doesn't like me, but it's really handy to be able to do certain things while I'm in class or something, especially plushie tycoon. There's definitely a market for a Neopets app.

We have uploaded the app to the Market! Search for Neopal Dailies, or just Neopal!

It may take a while for the app to get approved! We are aware it may have some bugs, so we have launched it into an open-Beta.

Please post your opinions here, and any bug reports SHOULD BE EMAILED OR PMed, NOT POSTED HERE.

Thanks!

http://bit.ly/iZxAOc

Check out one of the comments from our Beta team in the Reviews section. I posted it though- they didn't have a fully set-up Market account.

We've also made the app compatible with a new App-Management-System (AMS!), which allows us to streamline updates to you! We hand coded the base of the app, but now more or less everything else can be done VERY easily! :D :D

What is the time frame for windows 7 phone?

Hi Khelddar,

We don't currently have a time frame- there aren't many people who want the app for Windows Phone 7. However, if the app does well on Android, we certainly shall bring it over for you guys to enjoy.

I can't log in to Neopets on my phone cos my PW is too long lol

*goes to change it*

Right. Can log on now. Started doing Dailies but I can't get Flash on my phone so can't use, for example, Expelibox. Could you have different menus for different phones, or have a note next to flash ones saying it won't work on systems without flash?

I was curious as to why the app needs to know my phone identity etc. Obviously I don't understand it all, but I would have thought it only needed internet access?

Hi Starried,

I will explain the permssions as soon as I get back to the office! The permissions are usually for video playback, so the phone doesn't sleep.

Sure, I'll put an icon next to the Flash ones. Excellent idea!

UPDATE: Permissions explained in app description.

Update should be available soon to fix GMT issue. Adding the icons now, update will be pushed soon after.

UPDATE2: MAJOR UPDATE PUSHED! Enjoy!

An update to fix missing thumbnails, and with a nicer splash screen will be available in 48 hours.

MAJOR UPDATE TO FIX SPLASH SCREEN AND ISOLATED CRASHING COMING TODAY!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find the app anwhere? Is there somewhere I can get it from?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it! Neopal downloaded! Can't wait to try it out now!

Great dcoolb. Glad you found it.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.