Caylis User Lookup Complete~

Airiya

So I FINALLY finished my user lookup.

Click the screenshot to view the whole thing~

2eumkbp.jpg

All the graphics was either made or edited by me using Neopets official images.

The coding I typed most of it by hand and the other general coding for Neopets from here.

The Caylis that was used in the layout came from this chapter of the Curse of Maraqua flash comic (page 4 to be exact)~

For those who are wondering I actually had to draw out the rest of her body then lineart the whole thing and recolored it. I used a tablet for this.

As you can see I took a lot of time and effort in my layout so do not steal please.

Tell me what you guys think & if you are getting any problems on your browser so I can tweak the coding if needed :D

Going to be submitted into spotlight once I double check the layout in all browsers & general screen resolutions.

Wow, that looks absolutely amazing! Only one problem though, I'm using Firefox 4 and your content is slightly shifted to the left. This includes the links at the top, text in goals, user info, collections, wishlist, hab, and the box on the left (can't read title since covered by image). Also the border images in companions and the bottom image of the two aishas is also shifted to the left.

Everything else is unaffected though! Good luck in the spotlight ^_^

Wow! The lookup is absolutely gorgeous! I'm viewing it with Google Chrome and I'm not having any issues, it looks perfect.

I really hope you win! It has such amazing detail.

Wow, that looks absolutely amazing! Only one problem though, I'm using Firefox 4 and your content is slightly shifted to the left. This includes the links at the top, text in goals, user info, collections, wishlist, hab, and the box on the left (can't read title since covered by image). Also the border images in companions and the bottom image of the two aishas is also shifted to the left.

Everything else is unaffected though! Good luck in the spotlight ^_^

Okies tweaked the margins properties, you should be able to view it without it shifting from the left. Let me know if it works for you now :D

@Spritzie: Thanks Spritzie ^^

Slowly picking up my aged goals when I came back. One of them was winning spotlight xD

Okies tweaked the margins properties, you should be able to view it without it shifting from the left. Let me know if it works for you now :D

Aw it still looks the same :( Works for me on chrome as well though. If it help I took a pic of what I see ullh.jpg

Does anyone else see the same thing on firefox or is it just me?

Aw it still looks the same :( Works for me on chrome as well though. If it help I took a pic of what I see

I used Firefox and it's works perfectly. Hmmm...

What's your screen resolution? That's kinda weird because if it works on Chrome on your computer is should work on Firefox as well >.<

Edit: Added margin to the main content. Hopefully that fixed it xD

I have Firefox on this computer. I'll check it real quick, and edit this with the results. :)

EDIT: I'm having the same issue she is when I view it with Firefox. (My resolution is 1600 by 1200.)

First off wonderful job. I know firsthand how time consuming and frustrating making a userlookup is. I've been working on mine for over a year now and only half finished.

Could you help me with a problem I've been having with my lookup. I've been wanting to move my shop and gallery module as well as the neohome and now the habitarium module since they added it to where yours is relatively. I was able to use position absolute somehow to get it where it is now but with the position absolute codes it messes up my whole page by stretching it far down to the bottom. If you could help me with this I would be very grateful and I will give credit on my lookup as well. Let me know if you'd be willing to help out.

Well done and good luck winning the spotlight though I don't think you'll have any troubles. :)

I used Firefox and it's works perfectly. Hmmm...

What's your screen resolution? That's kinda weird because if it works on Chrome on your computer is should work on Firefox as well >.<

Edit: Added margin to the main content. Hopefully that fixed it xD

No it is still the same, viewed it on a completely different computer too and the shift was even larger :O I have no idea what's causing it, I wish I could be more help :S My resolution is 1280x800 on my laptop, and 1600x900 on my other computer.

First off wonderful job. I know firsthand how time consuming and frustrating making a userlookup is. I've been working on mine for over a year now and only half finished.

Could you help me with a problem I've been having with my lookup. I've been wanting to move my shop and gallery module as well as the neohome and now the habitarium module since they added it to where yours is relatively. I was able to use position absolute somehow to get it where it is now but with the position absolute codes it messes up my whole page by stretching it far down to the bottom. If you could help me with this I would be very grateful and I will give credit on my lookup as well. Let me know if you'd be willing to help out.

Well done and good luck winning the spotlight though I don't think you'll have any troubles. :)

Make sure you use left and top properties. Position absolute just makes sure thaat the elements you are coding will not shift when the browser is minimized/ maximized.

Top and left are the ones that actually positions where the modules will go. Hope that helps O:

No it is still the same, viewed it on a completely different computer too and the shift was even larger :O I have no idea what's causing it, I wish I could be more help :S My resolution is 1280x800 on my laptop, and 1600x900 on my other computer.

I tested it in Firefox 4 on my laptop (1366 x 768) and computer (1440 x 900), both shows up with no shifting/problems.

The screen resolutions width is important and I find it weird it's not working on Firefox when your width is the same as my computer.

Used coding that will not conflict with other browsers but guess I can't have it viewed perfectly for every browser/ screen resolution xD;;

Oh well at least it works on your Google Chrome ahaha.

Wow, that's amazing!! :D I'm sure you'll win Spotlight!! :)

I wish I was good at graphics and coding lol. I keep trying to do too many things though xDD

I tested it in Firefox 4 on my laptop (1366 x 768) and computer (1440 x 900), both shows up with no shifting/problems.

The screen resolutions width is important and I find it weird it's not working on Firefox when your width is the same as my computer.

Used coding that will not conflict with other browsers but guess I can't have it viewed perfectly for every browser/ screen resolution xD;;

Oh well at least it works on your Google Chrome ahaha.

Yeah lol, anytime I want to see your beautiful lookup I'll be sure to use chrome lol! i'm sure you'll win the spotlight :) good luck!

it looks great! :D I bet you'd win the lookup spotlight ^^

Aww thanks everyone for the encouragement :D

I think the wait is going to be the worse part.

Too bad there's no Maraqua Day

Make sure you use left and top properties. Position absolute just makes sure thaat the elements you are coding will not shift when the browser is minimized/ maximized.

Top and left are the ones that actually positions where the modules will go. Hope that helps O:

Thanx I'll give that a try later. Once again, good work!

• 1 month later...

Beautiful! Though it takes a bit of time to load. I'm using FF4 and am not having the shift issue (1280 x 800 screen resolution). I'm going to try a different resolution and see what that does - because why not.

Edit: Tried 1280 x 720 and had no troubles

Yeah, I still have the same shift issue. It's really not a big deal though. Just include "Best Viewed In: *insert name of browser here.*" People who really want to see you work will check it out in the other browser and people who don't...well who cares about people who don't, LOL. Takes a while to load for me too, but again I don't think it's much of a problem.

• 1 month later...

Wow, it's amazing. I'm using google chrome, and I can see it perfectly. Great job!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.