Recovering an old account

snowbunny

Hi all

I want to try to recover an old account but I don't remember the email address I registered with and I no longer would have access to that email anyway. The acct is pretty old so I am wondering if I am wasting my time sending in a ticket? I know at least one neofriend since I knew that person in real life, birthday, but nothing else really. Well, except pets. It's been years so I really can't recall much. Does anyone know if I have any hope to recovering this acct? I visit the account's lookup every so often in sadness, lol! I do have another account that I use as my main but I miss my old account. Oh well.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets General Chat’ to ‘Neopets Help’.

Unfortunately, I think your chances are pretty low on this. :( I tried doing the same thing a while back (only had the email and a few little details) and never even got a response back. I'm sorry, it really sucks.

A few users here have had their old accounts returned to them but they remembered a lot of things - like neofriends, first pet name, pets they had placed in the pound, past passwords and items in their SDB.

If you can remember some details mentioned above, give it a shot! Doesn't hurt to try :)

Hi there!

I had a friend that also had a similar problem, but when she sent a ticket, she didn't get a reply (at all). It's been years.

However, when I had sent a ticket recently, I got a reply quite fast, like in a week. But that was probably cuz it was on a different issue.

Hmm, maybe you could wait a week for their reply, and if they don't get back to you, you could try emailing them again. If that fails after another week, maybe you can try emailing some of them individually. I read somewhere that this may help.

Not much advice, but good luck in your endeavor... =)

Not so sure about sending in the tickets but you could always try re-activating your old email account? I had forgotten my old email too but was able to find it using my current email - it had a record of the email account I had used previously. Then I just re-activated the old email and had Neopets send my username and password again.

You've probably already tried doing that, but if you haven't it's worth a shot.

I tried that. Didn't work for me. I was going to log in to an old account that had been unused for years only to see that they were asking for my birthdate (I'd used a random day when registering). I couldn't get an email either cause I had no idea what the email address was. I don't think my case was even looked at fully if I recall... just something saying that my file didn't contain enough information.

Then again, I couldn't remember anything but my password.

I did end up getting my account back though after they removed the policy that old inactive accounts had to enter in their birthday before logging in.

Good luck!! :)