I Was Signed Out Of Everything !!!!!!

Angeló

I just took a nap for about 2 hours and woke up to find that I'm logged out of EVERYTHING ... TDN forums , Neopets , Facebook , JellyNeo , Youtube , basically every website that I have an account on !!!!!!!

It only happened on my main browser - Firefox .. the sites I'm logged in on Chrome are still logged in ....

What kind of sorcery is this ?? can your computer do this ??? It's never happened before ..!!!

That happens to me everytime I force restart my computer. It happens randomly sometimes too if its been too long since I loged into my accounts.

oh yes , that's what I did in the morning ... but I force restart at least once a week and it never happened before !

Thanks for the answer :)

Firefox does that to me sometimes & it's usually after a certain time period (like a few weeks or something) or sometimes after a forced restart. I'm really not sure what the exact cause, I just know that it is very annoying

Websites use session cookies to keep you logged in - the fact that you were logged out, as mentioned by earlier posters, implies that your cookies were cleared out somehow. :)

There are very few situations which would cause Firefox to empty its cookies. The only likely ones I can see are you explicitly using the 'Clear Recent History' dialogue (perhaps you had a dream about it? :P ) or Firefox being set to clear cookies automatically on exit (and you exiting it somehow). Data corruption after you force-restart your computer is another possible cause, although in most cases Firefox is actually robust enough to handle this (a very impressive feature of the SQLite database system, but I digress).

Are you sure you don't have any add-ons that might be interfering with this though? I'd peg that as the most likely cause.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest iYoshinho

It was either cleared or some sites tend to have a session expiry time meaning it will automatically log you out if you are idle for a long time. TDN does not have that option and a similar problem was on Jellyneo but Dave(site owner) claimed it is not from the website. Did you change anything in your browser settings that may have caused this.

Also did your browser close when you woke up? Perhaps if someone was with you, he probably sneaked up, cleared and left.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.