So, what are you listening to now?

CheeseStorm

I'm not currently listening to anything, but I've been listening to a lot of St. Vincent, Kate Bush, Tori Amos, and Heart lately. Those are some of my favorite artists and I usually listen to them a lot, but I've been on a particular kick.

Lol, I have the exact opposite problem: there's so much good music, there's too much of it out there to keep up with. :)

I'm currently listening to the soundtrack of the (weird, but awesome) movie Repo! The Genetic Opera.

I agree, there is so much good music to discover and listen to! Also I love Repo!

Listening to "To The Sky" from Owl City. Always cheers me up. I'm pretty sure it's the first Owl City song I heard; I've been hooked ever since!

Iffy, is not true - I played that one for you that I said fits into El's story. .... *looks up the name cause I can't remember the exact wording* ..... Found it! "I'm Coming After You"

Oh, and you told me about "Rainbow Veins" and "Vanilla Twilight" before. You wanted me to listen to them. And I showed you "Galaxies", "Honey And The Bee", and "Fireflies".

• 4 weeks later...

Some of the Visual Kei music I used to listen to in the early 'aughts. Kurenai by X-Japan, various Malice Mizer songs, Dir en Grey, and so on. That and music from the Crow. I was big in the goth/vampire scenes in the 90's.

• 1 month later...

It's been such a while since I've posted, and I'm listening to quite a bit of new (well, not new, but newly/recently/downloaded since last post) music!

1. Legally Blond the Musical (it's so catchy and cute!)

2. Bo Burnham (He's funny, but half the time I'm wondering if he's okay)

3. New World Coming (Benjamin Wallfisch & Disa) I(I heard it for House of peculiar children or whatever it's called, and I fell in love with it!)

4. Relient K (I was obsessed with their music in middle school!)

5. Stronger Than You (Caleb Hyles) It's just a pretty song?

There's so much more, but these are some of the top 5s.

• 2 months later...

I've been listening to The Stage by Avenged Sevenfold. It is their newest album and it is so awesome! I love Sunny Disposition and Roman Sky a lot. I have to say I did not like their last album, Hail to the King. However, I have been a fan of A7x for quite awhile and I love all of their older stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For everyone who hasn't heard them, check out Tame Impala - especially the album Currents. It's an incredibly beautiful album focused on romantic loss and rebuilding after a breakup. Kev Parker's been rising into mainstream fame lately with Rihanna covering the song New Person, Same Old Mistakes. Her cover is fantastic as well.

It's always fun going through the music you were just starting to listen to.

Well, here's what I've been listening to:

1. Closer (Walk Off the Earth)

2. Victorious (NateWantsToBattle)

3. Bad Things (machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello)

4. Castle On the Hill (Ed Sheeran)

It feels so weird listening to music that was made in 2017 or 2016!

Usually I'm listening to music that is older!

• 1 month later...

I'm giving an album a gander. A song in a Steampunk Song collection caught my interest, so I'm going to see what the whole album is like.

It's called "The Dolls of New Albion - A Steampunk Opera."

• 1 month later...

I've just discovered Little Mix (I know, I'm late to the party). I can't get enough of those girls, they're so talented! I think my favorite song from them is About the Boy. And Power is a bit of a guilty pleasure song for me XD

• 2 weeks later...

I am in total LOVE :wub_anim: with the music from Hamilton! I have not seen it (I do not live in New York), but LOVE :heart: that music!

Is there are more Hamilton fans out there?

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2017 at 5:06 PM, tk421beth said:

I am in total LOVE :wub_anim: with the music from Hamilton! I have not seen it (I do not live in New York), but LOVE :heart: that music!

Is there are more Hamilton fans out there?

Late to reply, but me toooooo! I'm going to see it in London in February and I'm already stupidly excited about it XD

Generally, I'm trying to get back into learning/speaking German, so I'm listening to aaaall the German pop music I can find at the moment

4 hours ago, yearofthehorse said:

Late to reply, but me toooooo! I'm going to see it in London in February and I'm already stupidly excited about it XD

Generally, I'm trying to get back into learning/speaking German, so I'm listening to aaaall the German pop music I can find at the moment

I'm curious, what German pop music do you listen to? I like listening to different country's music - be it Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or Spanish but haven't really researched any German songs!

Also I'm learning French right now and I love love love Stromae. :)

On 9/3/2017 at 3:36 AM, juliakare said:

I'm curious, what German pop music do you listen to? I like listening to different country's music - be it Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or Spanish but haven't really researched any German songs!

Also I'm learning French right now and I love love love Stromae. :)

I love Stromae too!

I'm all about top 40 pop because, according to many friends I have in the US, I'm "basic as heck" so apologies for my taste haha.

I love anything by Mark Forster ("Au revoir", "Sowieso", "Flasch mich" and "Bauch und Kopf" are my faves), Adel Tawil (I think his most popular song is "Lieder" but I also love "Ist da jemand" and "Kartenhaus"), Bosse ("Schönste Zeit" and "Dein Hurra"), Revolverheld ("Ich lass für dich das Licht an" and "Das kann uns keiner nehmen") oh and "Traum" by Cro because I can't not mention the dude in the panda mask aaaand that's probably enough but I could go on for a while :headphone: