So, what are you listening to now?

CheeseStorm

On 8/7/2006 at 5:47 PM, Lou said:

Doesn't it feel weird listening to your own voice?

If I ever hear a message I left on someone's phone or something like that then I always get freaked out at how my voice sounds... it sounds nothing like how I hear it! :laughingsmiley:

I hate how my phone voice sounds, but one day I called my friend to find his phone and when he answered, I thought it was a different person. So don't feel bad if your phone voice sounds bad, it's completely different IRL. 

• 4 weeks later...

My current obsessions are Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful and Amaranthe - Maximalism. Whenever we go on walks if it's not too windy and miserable out I'll have my phone in my pocket with music playing. My girls just love Nightwish and Amaranthe and ask for it by name when I want to know what to play for us on our walks.

Everything off the Nightwish album is amazing, but I do have to say my favorites are Endless Forms Most Beautiful, Elan, and Edema Ruh.

From Amaranthe it's Maximize by far, followed by Endlessly. The vocal range of Elyze in Endlessly is amazing.

I have also just discovered Arch Enemy - The Eagle Flies Alone, thanks to my daughter and youtube. My husband bought the CD and I've uploaded it to my iMac but haven't had a chance to fully listen to it yet. Probably take it with us when we head into the city on Saturday. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, musicislife said:

BTS – MIC Drop (feat. Desiigner) [Steve Aoki Remix] 

I'm totally jamming to this remix, even though I honestly prefer the original juuuust a bit more. :biggrin:

I was so glad to see them perform at the AMA's! Spring Day and Not Today are my absolute favorites, they are on such a role with their releases. 

I'm not really a Steve Aoki fan but the remix was pretty good ^_^

At the moment I'm listening to Seo In-guk (specifically Seasons of the Heart)

I have strange music tastes. I also am clueless about different genres, since I usually find my favorite song's by chance - either on a YouTube video or from riding in a car with my sisters choosing the music. Once I find a good song, I listen to it over and over until I usually get tired of it. The best songs are those that pass "the test" and don't get boring. The last new song I listened to that I really liked was Angel Down by Lady Gaga. It is still "being tested." My favorite song is "World of Stone" from the album The Village Lanterne by Blackmore's Night. Somewhere around second might be "Dead Boy's Poem" from Nightwish's Wishmaster

On 10/27/2017 at 4:26 AM, Mouseykins said:

Everything off the Nightwish album is amazing, but I do have to say my favorites are Endless Forms Most Beautiful, Elan, and Edema Ruh.

Mouseykins, you mentioned Nightwish.  Do you like older Nightwish songs from when Tarja was the lead vocalist?

On 11/26/2017 at 5:11 PM, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Mouseykins, you mentioned Nightwish.  Do you like older Nightwish songs from when Tarja was the lead vocalist?

There's a few of them that I like from Tarja's time, but what they're called I don't know. They usually play on youtube through our TV's Blu-Ray player when my 6 year old daughter is on her Within Temptation & Nightwish kick. I'm usually doing housework, cooking, or working on my computer and don't pay attention that much to what she has on unless it's something she shouldn't be listening to.

It's actually because of her we discovered Nightwish had newer stuff out now and got interested more in Amaranthe.

Her favourite Within Temptation song is Paradise (What About Us).

EDIT: I've found a new obsession!

Imperfection by Evanescence!!! :heart::heart::happydance::happydance:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...