My neopet site idea

Lemur

EDIT: The URL is www.oldneo.com

I always get so nervous making new posts. That's why I tend to stick to private messaging people, because I get so scared otherwise! I've always been a social wreck. So forgive me if I sound nervous :)

I've mentioned to a few people on here (for those that know me), about my idea of an interactive old version of Neopets. I am definitely one for nostalgia. I play old video games all the time. I have all the old mario snes games still. TDN has this page: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/neopets-old-layout/ but my idea was to take something like that, and make it more interactive, almost like it was back on the original neopets.

Well my husband has been doing a lot of the coding, and we bought some coding from a person on another site, and I'm pleased to say it's coming along well so I thought I'd show some screen shots.

We're also looking for a couple of people to help test and since everybody in this community has been so nice maybe a couple of people would like to test? Or at least comment on the screen shots?

Here are the screen shots. It's not a replica of the old neopets. You can't go through and play the games and things, it's more like an interactive tour through a way back machine:

2lw2jwi.png

9qd10g.png

2ngek5w.png

Just in case anybody asks about the legal aspect, I've checked it over and it seems like everything is okay. Another website exists that is like this one but it's closed from the public and it's changed a few things from the old neopets. I don't play there so I don't know too much about it but it's been around for 4 years or something, so as long a I keep making sure to include the links and credit to Neopets everything is all good to go. Oh, and as long as we also don't get any profit from the website, which definitely isn't going to happen.

Please let me know if you have any feedback and think it's a cool or stupid idea. We've tried to make it a bit like http://www.neolodge.com/map_neopiacentral but with a more nostalgic and authentic feel.

Also, if you'd like to test it out, or help out (we would love another administrator to help add things into the database, no coding experience necessary (if i can do it anyone can haha), feel free to pm me.

This is like, the longest post I've ever written so I'm going to stop before I hyperventilate. If you want to chat with me try and do it over pm because I have a fear of talking on public forums. :(

I love the idea and I'm sure you'll have no problems finding volunteers :yes:

And for being nervous your post was great :laughingsmiley:

Man, it'd be great to see the Neopets layout like this again.

I feel like going back to the mid-2000s right now with this getup!

Thanks for the support everyone. I've also found quite a few sites like mine out there. All that I've looked at though are quite a bit different from the original Neopets, so Nath and I are going to try and get this closest as possible.

It's still in BETA at the moment (we hope to have it finished by 2012), but if you'd like to come and have a look or help out at all the address is www.oldneo.com

Thanks for the support. If you have any comments or questions about it, as well as suggestions on how it can be improved or what features you want to see implemented next, please let me know!

That was a great post! :yes:

I personally love the idea. That brought back so many memories from my childhood just looking at the screenshots :)

You said you wanted people to help, right? Just drop me a PM and I'll consider it. ;) I'd love to help as long as it's something I know how to/ is easy to learn. :graduated:

That was a great post! :yes:

I personally love the idea. That brought back so many memories from my childhood just looking at the screenshots :)

You said you wanted people to help, right? Just drop me a PM and I'll consider it. ;) I'd love to help as long as it's something I know how to/ is easy to learn. :graduated:

Thanks for the offer :) We actually have users on oldneo that have offered to help though and it would probably make more sense for the actual site users to be the ones helping.

Signups have been enabled again though for a limited time :)