NeoPets iPhone App SNEAK PREVIEW!

Javooooo

Hey All,

A lot of you probably saw the thread about the NeoPal Android app. Well, we are pleased to announce that the iOS version is almost finished! The app has our NeoPal 2.0 User Interface, which will be ported over to Android soon enough.

Here are some screenshots of some of the app.

The app will feature:

In the Free version:

-TDN news updates

-TDN Altador Cup coverage

-Dailies bookmarks and tips

-Game Guides and codes

-Important Neopian Times

-Updates to the TNT twitter page

-Faeirie Puzzle and Daily Puzzle solutions

-Avatar Guide (May be a premium version)

+ MORE!

news.png

guides.png

rss.png

dailiespic.png

Check out the screenshots above, and please do give us some tips about what features you'd like to see! Would you pay for a premium version?

Hopefully we will finish the app within a few days, and should have the app on the AppStore in 1-2 weeks.

Oh, and if you recommend a feature that we like, you get a FREE PREMIUM VERSION. We'll send you the code to download it. :D

Android users, search NeoPal in the Android Market, or search for the thread on this forum. You guys will be getting the 2.0 update in 2-3 weeks.

Maybe a link to their facebook page as well? Although now that I think about it that would be useless since most people will have the facebook app downloaded... x_x (Sorry it's 5am here and I haven't gotten any sleep xD)

tbh, I don't see anything that can be improved upon. Wish I could have been a beta tester, but it sounds like you've got all of it under control! In the following weeks I will be sure to download it and pay for the premium version~

Oh wait! Maybe an option for those lucky people who can afford premium a link to their portal to access their space faerie scratchcard or something. I'm just throwing ideas out there at this point xD

Maybe a link to their facebook page as well? Although now that I think about it that would be useless since most people will have the facebook app downloaded... x_x (Sorry it's 5am here and I haven't gotten any sleep xD)

tbh, I don't see anything that can be improved upon. Wish I could have been a beta tester, but it sounds like you've got all of it under control! In the following weeks I will be sure to download it and pay for the premium version~

Oh wait! Maybe an option for those lucky people who can afford premium a link to their portal to access their space faerie scratchcard or something. I'm just throwing ideas out there at this point xD

Great idea regarding the premium account links.

I don't have a premium account, so it's difficult for us to get the links.

If someone has a premium account, and could help us grab a few links, you'll score a free copy of the premium version for iOS.

If anyone has any other ideas, they'd be much appreciated!!

I might have to get an iPhone just so I can have this haha

same!! hahaha I just got a new phone though xDD

Will this be available to other mobile devices such as iPods or only Androids?

I don't really I would pay for the app, but I would get the free verion

My suggestions:

TDN Forum access

Avatar and Important Day Alerts (Punchbag Sid, LE pets available, etc; could be customisable (choose which alerts you want)

TDN Forum access

You can already access our forums from iPhones. IP Board has a specific viewing style for mobile phones like the iphone PLUS there is a FREE* IP Board App where you can view TDN Forums.

*I say free because it was free last time I checked, they may have started to charge.

How about adding alerts when "The Snowager is Awake" or "Count Von Roo" is awake and Turmy too. (: That would be a great addition if it's not already incorporated and I just didn't see it :laughingsmiley: I'm pretty stinking excited for this to be honest. Also, are the forums included in the app? That would be even more convenient if so :laughingsmiley:

How about adding alerts when "The Snowager is Awake" or "Count Von Roo" is awake and Turmy too. (: That would be a great addition if it's not already incorporated and I just didn't see it :laughingsmiley: I'm pretty stinking excited for this to be honest. Also, are the forums included in the app? That would be even more convenient if so :laughingsmiley:

Working on the notifications now. We would probably make that a premium feature though.

As for the forum access, yes, already implemented.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Wait so it's gonna be free but there's also a premium version, right?

Cause if so, don't make 2 whole apps, just make one free one and through in-app-purchases (on iOS) you can make a premium upgrade ^_^

Just a suggestion, I don't even know what you're doing yet :P

UPDATE: We have submitted the Lite version to Apple for approval. It should be on the AppStore within a week. We should have perfected the Premium version within a few days, so the Premium version will follow the Lite version to the AppStore by a few days.

Stay tuned here, we will be giving away 10 free Premium versions.

You could add an option (premium or not) where people can check how many votes they've got in the beauty contest. Or one where they coul watch their auctions/trades etc...

Hi Guys,

The release has been delayed slightly due to a little niggle from Apple.

We apparently received "too informal" approval to use NeoPet's images and names. Apple require a formal approval (from the Legal Department of Viacom, rather than from TNT).

We are currently waiting for a response from the Viacom legal department, and the NeoPets legal department.

If anyone from TDN knows the best way to get copyright approval from NeoPets.com, please post! We would like to fast track the app as fast as possible. I imagine TDN had to receive approval somehow.

Thanks!