Pokemon Roleplay

khaos

Manta watched the battles, satisfied that they would all win. Wakizashi defeated the Poochyena with little difficulty, and then stepped in to help out the struggling Surskit. After they had finished, Manta healed them both with Potions. Surskit was raised to level 13, and learned Sweet Scent, to Manta's surprise.

"I've got the Beautifuly," Manta replied. "Go Dirk! Use Sweet Scent!" Surskit released a sweet-smelling odor and the Dustox inhaled deeply. "Awesome! Return Surskit," Manta said. "Go Wakizashi!" Heracross jumped to the battlefield, and was immediately struck by a gust of wind.

"Oh no, Gust is super effective!" said Manta with a groan. "Use Endure!" Wakizashi guarded against the attack fiercely.

"Now, use Horn Attack!" Heracross charged at Beautifly and struck it. A counter-blast of wind proved to be too much, and Heracross fainted.

"Damn 4x weakness," Manta cursed. "Wakizashi, return! Go Surskit, and use Quick Attack, quickly!" She sent out the small Bug again, and sensing her distress, it attacked quickly. Unfortunately, Beautifly still wasn't knocked out, and it sent out a gust of wind again.

"Collapse, Surskit!" cried Manta, and this time, the move actually worked! Dirk threw himself to the ground, and avoided the attack. Manta cheered, and yelled out, "Finish him with Quick Attack!" And finally, the huge moth was brought down.

"Ryan do you have any more revives?" Manta asked, hugging Wakizashi.

<lol we all took the Dustox. I'll change it to Beautifly. Javi, where on earth did you get a Horsea?>

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Manta, looks like the beautify is you-" Before he could finish the Rocket member yelled "Thunder!" and the feild lit up. After the initial flash Ryan saw Fang rolling over and over head over tail. He stopped but before he could stand the rocket member yelled another attack and the Raichu was ramming into Fang in less than a second. Ryan ran towards Fang who was trying to stand. The Rocket member waved to the Raichu to finsh it himself and focused on the other battles, but not before saying "Dont say I didnt warn you about interfering with the battle.". Raichu turned on Ryan and sent another thunderbolt. He flew back as well, rolling like Fang. Fang was up though and his teeth clamped down on Raichus head while it was focusing on Ryan. The Raichu swatted at it but missed, it tried again and Fang weakely fell off. Before Raichu could finish the battle Fang was called back and the Raichu was hit with confusion from Ralts. It spun around and swayed a little bit while doing so. It tried to quick attack Ralts but stumbled and fell, injuring itself. "Ralts, teleport tackle!" it did so and Raichu responded by trying to hit Ralts with thunder. It disappeared too quickly though. Raichu looked around trying to spot Ralts when all of the sudden the physcic pokemon crashed into it from above and vanished again. Before Raichu regained its balance Ralts used confusion again and the Raichu grabbed its head, stumbled, and fainted.

(Keep in mind that thunder is a TM move so the Raichu could learn it young. )

Ryan nodded at Manta, and tossed her one. "I'm running out of supplies. We need to get to Petalburg soon"

"Thanks Ryan," Manta said gratefully, taking the Revive and feeding it to Heracross. "I owe you one."

Heracross sat up with a groan, and Manta patted him. "There you go, Wakizashi," she murmured. "Good job, both of you!"

Surskit chirped, and Manta fed it a Berry. "Especially good job to you! Our dodge finally worked!"

Both her Pokemon were now level 14, and she watched her group members finish off the remaining Rocket pokemon

"Eh, forget about it, you'd do the same for me." Ryan said and shrugged.

"There you are, Javi, almost missed the fun." He said and limped over, rubbing his leg where the Raichu had hit him.

He took a few potions from his bag and got Ralts and Fang back to full health. "You need anything? I have some berries and a few potions."

<You know, none of the pokemon in that post besides Goldeen are found on the routes we've been on so far :rolleyes_anim: Sentret is a Johto pokemon, Horsea isn't found till the ocean routes, and Slowpoke isn't found here at all. How accurate an RP are we going for? I've been checking all my facts on bulbapedia so far.>

"How's everyone doing?" Manta asked. "We should track down any remaining Rockets before we head off to Petalburg."

< Yeah, but wild pokemon are inhanced in this. Like when I said Abra can be found in route 101, i think it was. >

"All right, since everyone else gets the Rockets, I might as well train. Horsea, come on out!" Horsea defeated a Slakoth, gaining it to level 11. It also defeated a Cascoon, getting it to level 12. Next he sent out Sentret. It easily beat a Zigzagoon.

"All right, if i remember correctly, Scyther is level 13, and Horsea and Sentret level 12. Hey, looks like Ryan and the others finished their battles."

<Rockets always use Pokemon that seem to know moves they shouldn't know so young, probably bc they swiped them from strong trainers, so no worries :) & maybe Javi fished up the Horsea?>

"Papilio, tackle that Dustox!"

Papilio trilled and flew into the Dustox, knocking it back in the air.

"Dustox, use Confusion," the Rocket called.

"Avoid the Confusion wave and use Poison Sting!"

Papilio flew above the ray that was shot towards it. He launched a poison stinger from his wings into the Dustox. It started to become dazed.

"Now, finish it off with Absorb!"

Papilio shot forward and jabbed it's long thin, mouth into Dustox's body, leeching its remaining health. The Dustox, too weak to fly, fell to the ground in a faint.

"Great job, Papilio! Way to take out that Dustox!"

<My connection is awful, so I'm going to log off for now & figure out why its being so slow . . . but keep me involved if you like>

<But Horsea isn't found in Hoenn till much later, on the ocean routes. I mean, i'd like to catch a Trapinch right now, but we only see those in the desert :rolleyes_anim: And no worries, we'll keep you involved>

"I'm gonna move ahead a little bit, and keep checking for Rockets," Manta said to everyone. She hadn't gone far when a Rocket with two Zigzagoons jumped out at her, and attacked.

"Double battle, huh? Go Wakizashi and Dirk!" she commanded. The battle went quickly, and with the teamwork of her two Pokemon, Manta was able to take out two more Rocket Grunts, one that had a Silcoon and one that had a Slakoth.

The rocket trainer stumbled back. "Im an officer, you cant beat me! ITS THESE WORTHLESS POKEMON." He kicked the dustox where it had fallen then returned all the pokemon and ran off. "This wont be the last time you see me, I can assure you of that" and then he was gone.

Ryan returned Ralts. "Good battle" Then walked over to the bushes where the rockets were hiding before the battle. "Hey I found a map of Hoenn if anyone needs one, and 2 potions." He picked up a tattered bag that mustve belonged to a rocket member and set it down in front of everyone. "I grabbed one of the potions a bit of money, but you guys can have whatever else you find in there."

<I'm not sure I understand what "enhanced" wild pokemon is. Can we just stick to available Wild Pokemon from here on out? Otherwise it's a little pointless to have Hoenn as the setting.>

Manta rejoined the group and took a Potion from the bag, as well as an Oran berry.

"I beat a few Rockets up ahead," she said, gesturing. "Hopefully, there won't be too many more."

<Dinnertime! Will be back later, but feel free to move us along>

You can find whatever you want in this RP, as long as it's reasonable. and yes, i fished up the Horsea in Petalburg City, where there was water in the original. and may I mention the fact that you have a Heracross? :rolleyes_anim:

Javi got 10 PokeDollars and a PokeBall from the rockets bag. "I got my share."

<It's my starter; i didn't find it in the wild where it's not supposed to be. :eh: Look, I really don't want to start an argument, but I'd like the rules of this RP to be clear. I was operating under the assumption that we'd be using Bulbapedia/Serebii to check our facts. You said we're in Hoenn, so I'm not looking around expecting to see Axew or Shellos, or whatever. If my assumptions were wrong, I apologize, but I don't want to wander around this RP with things being made up haphazardly. Since there are only four of us currently participating, I expect that it will be a simple matter to make rules that suit us all, and allow us to focus on RPing rather than trying to figure out what the rules are, since at the moment, they are not clear.

Anyway.>

Seeing that everyone had retrieved their share of the loot, Manta moved onwards. A Slakoth dropped from the trees, and she commanded Surskit to attack, before having Heracross finish it off.

"Looks like we cleared them out of the forest," Manta commented, looking around. "There's light up ahead, I assume that's where the rest of Route 104 is, and then Rustboro City. Let's keep going."

< Okay then. But I still have the out of region pokes. And random trainers may also have them.>

"Yeah, I think it is, let me go che-" A rocket interuppted what he was saying. "You're not going anywhere," said the rocket.

"Pssh, you guys again? *exhale* Fine then. Sentret, go!"

"Shroomish, destroy him!"

"Sentret, Quick Attack!"

"No, don't let him! Absorb!"

Shroomish caught Sentret in its tracks and pulled it close. It started draining Sentret's health.

"Sentret! Oh! Hey, use Slash!"

Sentret slashed itself free, nearly knocking out the Shroomish.

"Now, quick attack!"

Sentret ran very fast towards Shroomish and knocked it out.

"Heh, too easy!"

"Hahahahaha...."

"What?"

"You haven't met my best pokemon yet."

"Ok, you have 2 pokemon, what is the big deal?"

"Go Combusken!"

"Wha!? That evolves from Torchic at level 16, right?! So.. that thing is level 16??!"

"Sentret, use quick attack to move around, then use slash when you're out of it's sight!!"

Sentret moved quickly and manage to land a hit.

"Yeah!"

"Combusken, double kick."

"Wait, what!?"

Combusken landed a super effective hit and managed to knock out Sentret.

"Scyther, come on out!!"

"Combusken, ember."

Combusken shot out flames from its mouth, but Scyther dodged most of it, but was still hit.

"Scyther, Quick Attack!"

Scyther landed a hit but was down with another ember. Combusken was about to faint, though.

"Horsea, you're all I've got left!"

Horsea came out and Javi commanded it to use Water Gun.

"Damn, missed. Out of all the times, this one? Javi was a bit angry."

"Horsea, move around quick and use Water Gun at Combusken repeatedly!

Combusken could not dodge all the water guns and eventually went down.

"YES!! We did it, Horsea!" Horsea jumped into its owners arms while the Rocket ran away.

"Come on, guys, we need to get to a pokemon center soon. Wow, Horsea gained 2 levels while fighting that thing. Whaddaya know."

Ryan nodded. "Nice battle. Now lets get the heck out of here. Syrin, Manta, follow us." He started walking, grabbing Javi by the arm as he did, careful to avoid large clumps of trees and tall grass.

"I can see the city from here. I can also see Rocket vehicles. Lets lie low and get to the pokecenter." He put on a hat from his backpack, put away his pokemon, and began walking quickly towards the pokecenter.

"No one make eye contact if you dont want a fight before our pokemon are fully healed."

Sorry, i'm just worri- Move, to the left, behind the pokemart!" Ryan changed direction and with Javi and the others hid behind the pokemart as 3 Rockets walked by, one being the officer from the firest.

He waited until they were out of sight then half walked half sprinted to the PokeCenter.

Inside were 2 more rockets who were harrassing anyone who went up to the counter. The nurse wasnt in the room.

"Javi. We have two options. Heal our pokemon ourselves, our take the two grunts down. If we take 'em down, I get the one on the left."

"Well i have a revive, i'll use it on sentret. got one on you?" Javi healed Sentret with a Revive and a Potion. "I have some more potions, but do you have anymore revives? Your pokemon aren't fainted, are they?"

"No, none are fainted. All are injured though and I dont have enough potions to cure them all." He looked at javi then back at the grunts who had noticed them now. A trainer backed away from the counter where they had refused her access to the healing equipment and walked out angrily. "I say we just take them." He took out a pokeball.

Ryan gave them back. "If we win this we wont need them." And with that he released Mudkip, his healthiest pokemon cuurently. The grunt on the left sent out an Onix.

The one on right took a step toward Javi and released an Eevee.

"Lets do this" Ryan said. It was directed at pretty much everyone in the room.

"Mudkip, water gun!" The onix had no chance of dodging and the attack was super effective.

Immediatley though the hail of rocks pounded down around Mudkip and it took a hard blow to the side. "Hang in there, two more waterguns!" It did so, and took another hit in the middle, but the Onix faded and the grunt ran outside.

Ryan releaesed Ralts. "Watch the entrance. Dont let in any Rockets"

Then he turned to watch Javi's battle.

"Horsea, Water Gun!" Horsea fired an array of pressurized water and landed a direct hit on eevee. "Eevee, use tackle!" Horsea was at low health. If it got hit, Horsea was most likely over. "Horsea, dodge and use Water Gun!!" Horsea dodged, but the impact that the tackle did on the floor made horsea lose its concetration. "Horsea!!!" In despair, Javi threw it an oran berry. Horsea at it, and managed to fire a water gun at point-blank range to faint the eevee. "Holy cow, i actualy did it!' Horsea was now level 15, a higher level than anything else in Javi's team.

Ryan nodded. "Nice battle" he said as th grunt ran out. "Now lets heal our pokemon and get ready. Rockets will be flooding here before you know it."

He returned Ralts and healed all his pokemon using the machines then walked outside and went into the poke mart. A few minutes later he returned. "Okay, I got a second backpack and spent everything I had on Super potions, berries, and a few great balls. If anyone needs anything, just ask." He waited for everyone else to heal their pokemon.

While Javi and Ryan were fighting and distracting the Rockets, Manta leapt over the counter of the Pokemon Center.

This is crazy, she thought to herself as she rolled into a landing, which was inelegant but was minimal in noise. She crept through the back of the building, which was, to her surprise, filled with strange machines. One of them looked familiar, so Manta stuck her two Poke Balls in it, and was rewarded with a familiar tune as her Pokemon were healed.

"Hey! Who's back there?" yelled a voice, and Manta cursed to herself. Two Rockets entered the room, and Manta recognized the taller of the two as the one who had invaded her house.

"You!" he said in surprise, and Manta reached for her Pokeballs. Suddenly, a large hand smashed into her face, and she crashed backwards into a pile of boxes.

"Nuh-uh," said the other, a savage grin lighting his face. "We know what you kids can do with Pokemon. So we're gonna keep them away from you." He nodded to the first Rocket, who pinned Manta against the wall.

"Guhh!" she yelled, sweeping her leg across in an ineffective kick. The Rocket tripped, and fell, and Manta tried to grab the Poke Balls again.

"No you don't," shouted the Rocket, and he sent out a Magnemite. "Thunder Wave!" Manta lost all sensation in her body and collapsed to the floor, paralyzed, but first she whispered, "Wakizashi...Aerial Ace!" A flash of light lit up the room, and Heracross charged the Rockets, slicing at them. The Rocket who had invaded her house kicked at Manta, and Heracross attacked him in rage. Yelping in pain, the Rockets ran out of the room, leaving Manta lying prone on the floor behind them.

Damn, I can't move at all, she thought despairingly. I hope Ryan and Javi can find me back here.

Heracross poked at her, and waddled over to the Healing Machine. He tossed Dirk's Pokeball in the air, revealing the Surskit. A quick Pokemon conversation sent Surskit skittering off out of the room.