The Gears Help Please!

skystorm14

I read both guides for the gears, but I still don't understand. The notches either aren't on my computer, or I don't recognize them. And, what does the guide mean by,

A gear that will open the right half for 4 notches

A gear that will open the right half for 5 notches

A gear that will open the right half for 6 notches

Thanks for any help in advance!!!

Hmm... you can't see the notches? Could you post a screenshot of what the ceiling looks like on your computer?

Basically, there's a round hole in the ceiling with two doors, and the edges of the hole are marked by a series of lines (notches). You can use these lines to measure how far the doors have opened. :yes:

I read both guides for the gears, but I still don't understand. The notches either aren't on my computer, or I don't recognize them. And, what does the guide mean by,

A gear that will open the right half for 4 notches

A gear that will open the right half for 5 notches

A gear that will open the right half for 6 notches

Thanks for any help in advance!!!

I'm not sure if you're talking about the same chapter, but you have to go to the basement to the see the gears. Then, there are specific gears you have to lodge a rock in to to get the right half to go to 6 notches.

This is another area where it's good to write down the combinations you try so you can narrow down what's going on exactly. Otherwise you could be guessing awhile. Some gears open the door, and some gears close the door. Try one at a time to figure out which is which.

• 4 months later...

He all, I am having the worst time with the gears! My issue is that the ceiling is not moving at well when I block any of the gears. Any suggestions? I am 99.9% sure I haven't missed a step.

Are you using TDN's guide? It was highly confusing at first, but later I figured it out.

Keep two windows open. One with the ceiling and one with the gears.

DO NOT instantly combine the 3 rocks with three gears together!

I'm repeating what the guides say, but in a manner that makes more sense. I didn't understand the guides at all - well, I kind of understood and used guide One. Two was downright asdfghjkl I couldn't decipher the meaning.

Now, stick ONE rock into the first gear. Refresh the page of the ceiling, to see the effect. Remove the one rock, and stick ONE rock into another gear, refresh the page with the ceiling. And then repeat. Basically, at any one time, you only have 1 rock in 1 gear. What you're looking for are the three gears that move the RIGHT HALF of the ceiling by 4, 5 and 6 notches (lines around the ceiling hole). Once you have those all you have to do is stick all three rocks into the 3 gears the move 4,5, and 6, then refresh the ceiling, viola! Worked quick and easy for me.

If the janitor keeps interrupting you, try pissing him off, so that he resets the whole thing. Then start with gear 1, and one rock, etc. That'll allow you to have the full length of tries before he flares up again.

All the best! :D

I didn't have any problems, but it took me lots of tries to get it right, and would be scared when you-know-who got angry and I had to start again. I don't remember seeing these lines, but I managed it in the end. But then I used a different guide, so...

MMhhh I'm having the same problem, i've tried so many different combinations, i'm sure i didn't miss a step. My problem is too, that the ceiling just wont move, no matter what i do, and the janitor doesn't get upset and fixes the gears or something, this is getting very irritating. anyone help?

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

.. Not gonna lie.. I spent ALLL DAY on this plot especially because of the end, Paused and hours later randomly completed the gears portion in one try.

.. I hate gear-puzzles. Theyre a nightmare that never ends in any and every game that no one who does it will forget for life. Some gamers like to complain about 'sewer-levels' .. Noo, The real bane of all videogames is gear-puzzles. Resident evil III's, Various ones in flash games, All of em. Evil..

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

These kind of posts make me less and less likely to continue with the Altador plot. ? I wonder if I'll ever pick it up again...

.. I did it for the starry-night-sky theme with the constellations in it.

It was worth it.. But the price was monstrous..

1 hour ago, Ekitx said:

.. I did it for the starry-night-sky theme with the constellations in it.

It was worth it.. But the price was monstrous..

?

Yep, completing this is still right on the bottom of my Neo to-do list. :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

?

Yep, completing this is still right on the bottom of my Neo to-do list. :ph34r:

It was that whole 'mini' in the title that made it seem like it would be short, Brief, Sweet and then that site theme would be aquired. Ive overcome much harder flash games over many years on various sites after all..

Realized how wrong that was, Not that far into it. And im not someone who can let himself quit a game-mission like that once its started until the bitter completion. ..

• 1 year later...

hi, my problem is that i cant take back the rock sometimes. like its stays there even if its not the right engine (maybe it opens the other side of the roof and i cant take it back to fix the puzzle) its a problem of the website or something? thanks

2 hours ago, fiaxxs said:

hi, my problem is that i cant take back the rock sometimes. like its stays there even if its not the right engine (maybe it opens the other side of the roof and i cant take it back to fix the puzzle) its a problem of the website or something? thanks

What happens after 10 tries? Does it reset? IIRC, you may have to click "very specifically" on the rock, meaning keep clicking on different parts of the rock, until you get it back. You could, also, try increasing your browser's zoom, and see if that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

What happens after 10 tries? Does it reset? IIRC, you may have to click "very specifically" on the rock, meaning keep clicking on different parts of the rock, until you get it back. You could, also, try increasing your browser's zoom, and see if that helps.

when i try 10 times it resets but sometimes i tryevery engine and its none of them... i want to belive that its something with the page and not my problem haha i wish i could finish this. thanks! i will try the zoom thing