Wishes for the Next Altador Cup

AgJu

First of all, congratulations Virtupets for winning AC VI! Considering where y'all started it's quite an accomplishment. I'm also proud of my team for finally graduating from Tier 3 and snagging a spot in Tier 2 this year.

So now that another AC is over, here's what I'm hoping for next year:

-a Jelly World team! though we know that won't happen because Jelly World doesn't exist. ;)

-an all female team. The league had three all male teams this year (HW, MQ, KL), so how about an all female team for once? I've said it before and I'll say it again: a think a team of female ninjas on Shenkuu would be awesome!

-Terror Mountain moves up to Tier 1 and wins. Hey, I gotta root for my team.

-Minae and Osielle replaced by a Kougra (my second favorite Neopets species after Aishas) and a Quiggle (just for random's sake).

-The Darigan Yooyuu not being so impossible to deal with. I swear, trying to line up shots where it'd go the opposite of where I was facing didn't work like 90% of the time. Also, the random switching of players when trying to get the ball doesn't help in general matches.

-Moltara climbs out of the Consolation Bracket and into Tier 4. To replace them? Kiko Lake. I'm not a big KL fan.

-Each team getting their own special Home Field. I think it would be so cool if each team had their own unique play area as opposed to just the bland, blank slate of a YYB field that everyone has now. Here's how I would do things:

Altador- a sunny field. Maybe random sunbeams would drop down and blind a player if they ran into it.

Brightvale- a shielded field. Random shields would pop up to block areas/shots.

Darigan Citadel- a Darigan Dodgeball-esque field with spikes!

Faerieland- faerie field. Random bottle faeries would pop up to give players neat trick shots.

Haunted Woods- zombie field. Watch out for zombies chasing after you!

Kiko Lake- a swarm of Kikos occasionally cluttering the field.

Krawk Island- pirate ships!

Kreludor- a moon field that occasionally changes gravity, making players float or act real sluggish or some such thing.

Lost Desert- a sandy field. Sandstorms would occasionally obscure the view.

Maraqua- water spouts and changing tides!

Meridell- knights occasionally charging the field.

Moltara- a burning field!

Mystery Island- the Tiki Tak man draws cards that change the layout of the field in random manners.

Roo Island- bouncy field areas!

Shenkuu- stealthy field that lets players hide from view in certain sections

Terror Mountain- an icy field with the occasional rain of hail or snow and dotted with icebergs and snowmen!

Tyrannia- a rocky field, boulders and stalagmites everywhere!

Virtupets- a metal field with occasionally appearing mechanical traps (lasers, trapdoors, spikes, etc...).

I don't know how the look of each field would be redone but those are ideas I have for making them more unique. Obviously, whichever team you're facing that day determines which field you play on.

So those are my wishes for AC VII and beyond. If I think of anything else, I'll post it. What would you guys and gals like to see?

I'd like to see a Lutari Island team! :D

I'm not so sure what team I'm joining next year. But its either Shenkuu or Terror Mountain.

Same here. But I will still join Shenkuu.

I would also like to see Neovia, Neopia Central, and Geraptiku their own Altador Cup team! (but Geraptiku is unlikely because the place itself is deserted)

If Jelly World were to have a team, however, then who's gonna be the practice team?

AgJu, I really like your concepts for individual team field layouts. It'd be nice for players to have an option between the old Yooyuball controls and the new Yooyuball controls, for those lefty players who couldn't use the arrow keys since they are on the right hand side.

For teams, I'm sticking with Darigan Citadel every year from this point, period.

It'd be nice for players to have an option between the old Yooyuball controls and the new Yooyuball controls...

This.

(Just so you know, there are WASD controls so lefties can play YYB :D)

There should also be a Neopia Central team introduced, and maybe have one team sit out *coughaltadororkikolakecough*

I'd also like it if Evrem was sent back to Tyrannia, Elbin was sent back to Terror Mountain, another player introduced for Terror Mountain and possibly Babolino returning or another new Faerieland player being introduced. It's all relative :P

Also, I want to see Keetra Deile retire and Sela become team captain. It probably won't happen, but I can only dream...oh yeah, and I hope we're not hit too hard by the winners' curse as well.

After reading about how Winberto from the Altador team always skips his Slushie duties, I had the funnest idea. Every once in a while, one of the players on your team would come in and asks for a slushie, and if you get it correctly then you get bonus points. Of course, they would move pretty fast, like level 10 or 11 and it would be somewhat rare, like the freeze powerup in YYB.

The idea for individual fields is awesome! It would definitely take away a lot of the repetition. Of course, I'd prefer that it was more aesthetic than invasive because after all I want to make sure I can score.

After reading about how Winberto from the Altador team always skips his Slushie duties, I had the funnest idea. Every once in a while, one of the players on your team would come in and asks for a slushie, and if you get it correctly then you get bonus points. Of course, they would move pretty fast, like level 10 or 11 and it would be somewhat rare, like the freeze powerup in YYB.

The idea for individual fields is awesome! It would definitely take away a lot of the repetition. Of course, I'd prefer that it was more aesthetic than invasive because after all I want to make sure I can score.

Well I was thinking of different field effects to go with the unique looks so that it's not just the exact same game on different looking fields. Makes it more interactive. These field effects could even be activated by items rather than happening on their own (grab a shield item on Brightvale's field and a blocking shield pops up on the field, grab a trap item on Virtupets' field and a random trap will activate, etc). That way, you could choose to keep it clean or take a chance and try for extra help. Of course, these items would be fairly rare in order to keep things from getting too chaotic.

And I like your idea about Slushie Slinger. The occasional appearance by one of your team's official members being worth bonus points is great!

As for adding more teams, I'd at least like the number rounded to 20 so that each bracket gets four teams. If anyone is thinking of joining Terror Mountain, please do! And please be active; we're not gonna get much higher unless our YYB track record boosts to match our sidegame records. ;)

The only way I'm leaving Terror Mountain is if the AC goes back to the old format where one team sits out each year (maybe have the winner from the previous year sit out the next? Could cut down on bandwagon jumping and Winner's Curses). If that happened and TM sat out, I'd probably go with HW or ML. I kinda like Haunted Woods and I'd really like to see Moltara do better. I'd also consider Kreludor.

Another Wish of Mine to Add to the List:

-Thanks to a late finals push, I managed to achieve Lv. 27 as my final rank! I thought I would only get as high as Lv. 23 so I was surprised when I plugged in my stats to the Rank Calculator. I think next year, I'll make an attempt to achieve best of the best...Lv. 40!

I like the new controls for YYB, but I still think an option would be more fair.

I love the idea of the fields.

I'm joining either Shenkuu or Maraqua.....can't decide.

I wish to see a Lutari Island (LI) team in future. I want the old YYB back too and a couple of new games for AC so that we wouldn't have to play the same old three again and again :D

I'd like to see Jelly World too!

I don't have any special wishes, just want the old YYB back for next year or at least a choice between OYYB and NYYB. Besides I still have to think about my old laptop. Every "improvement" makes it slower and so the game gets less and less playable until I can't play anymore. I don't want to buy a new one just because of the Altador Cup as long as this one is still working as it should.

Kiko Lake needs more Kikos :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

My biggest wish - whatever changes they make to the roosters, don't drop Tandrak Shaye.

But seriously, and I'll say it here, if they ever drop Tandrak, that will be the day I leave Darigan Citadel, and go somewhere else like ... Kiko Lake.

My biggest wish - whatever changes they make to the roosters, don't drop Tandrak Shaye.

But seriously, and I'll say it here, if they ever drop Tandrak, that will be the day I leave Darigan Citadel, and go somewhere else like ... Kiko Lake.

I feel similarly towards Prytariel, my favorite player in the tournament and coolest captain (no pun intended). Aishas are my favorite species so if Prytariel is dropped from Terror Mountain I would consider jumping teams. If she were traded to a different team, I'd go where she went (although I don't know if a captain has ever been traded to another team).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

sorry to sound like a complete noob but i havent been playing neopets for a while... when does this event occur? date wise so i can set it into my cell phone to remind me to get on neopets :P

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't bump topics that have not received posts in 21 days or more. Also, the Altador Cup starts on June.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.