New plot, new set?

So, with a potential plot coming up and everything, I figured I'd start investing in some BD items. Nothing too expensive, though I'll probably end up reselling anyway :whistle:

I have a few pets with decent BD stats:

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=schiden

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Daisylinei

I just bought a Downsize, and bid on a Hanso Charisma Charm.

I don't battle very much (read:never) so I was wondering what other sorts of things you guys would recommend? Currently, I'm looking at YBlasters, but they seem to be going back up from 800k to 1.2M, and I'm not sure if that's inflated, or worth it. I have 7.6M right now, so i'm willing to spend around 1m each piece (though I'd prefer to spend less!)

Any suggestions for more weapons? The only things I know about are Honey Potions and Stone Muffins and stuff, though I haven't gone after any yet :/

Thanks for any help! :D

Oh nooo :| I completely forgot about BD Items, I was focusing more on the training!! :(

Wish I could help but I'm a total noob when it comes to the Battledome or anything related :P

You could have a look round here though? http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/

Well, these are the weapons which helped me in Faerie ruins plot when my HP was just 55!

Weapons: Leaf Shield, Downsize!, Greater Healing Scroll, Hanso Charisma Charm, Randomly Firing Freeze Ray and Scuzzys Comb.

Awesome, I have a bid in on an HCC and YB now :D Are the Greater Healing Scroll/Randomly Firing Freeze Ray worth getting?

So current planned set:

Hanso Charisma Charm

Ylanas Blaster

Downsize

Possibly adding?

Honey Potion

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Greater Healing Scroll

Daisy has Sink and Burrow and Drain Life as well.

Thanks for the help so far!! :D

GHS is probably your best bet unless you want to get your pets intelligence to 500...

RFFR is good and I find that it freezes more then 50 % of the tiime so a free turn to add some damage is worth it then again you could be out 13+ icons if it fails on the first shot...

Id say add the new sword from TFR as it hits slightly more then the YB and its good to have two constant weapons :evo:

also it would help to have a shield in there! maybe Sophies Magic Hat if your looking for a cheep effective one

Edited by Mega Aaron

Hello. Even though I have been playing neopets on and off for years...I am still confused as to why shields are useful in 1player BD

Shouldn't the goal be to hit as hard as possible, heal up, then hit again?

I'm wondering because I too want to upgrade my BD set :)

Awesome, I have a bid in on an HCC and YB now :D Are the Greater Healing Scroll/Randomly Firing Freeze Ray worth getting?

So current planned set:

Hanso Charisma Charm

Ylanas Blaster

Downsize

Possibly adding?

Honey Potion

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray

Greater Healing Scroll

Daisy has Sink and Burrow and Drain Life as well.

Thanks for the help so far!! :D

Hey :) In addition to my post above about shields in 1player...I also question the importance of Hanso's charm. Is it because most baddies use dark icons against our pets? Thanks! I should know all this by now given my history with neopets...but all I play with is the stock market :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post. If you have something you wish to add, use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Well Rommy, at least in my opinion, you aren't always going to get the job done with complete offense. This might be a bit biased because I've always gone off of the phrase that a good defense makes a great offense.

Well, Hanso's Charm is wonderful because it completely takes dark out of the situation. In 2P, it's great with SoS but in 1P, it just depends. Some baddies do love their dark weapons. :P I'm personally using the charm as a defense combo with FTab. In that case, Dark and Water are completely blocked.

Well Rommy, at least in my opinion, you aren't always going to get the job done with complete offense. This might be a bit biased because I've always gone off of the phrase that a good defense makes a great offense.

Well, Hanso's Charm is wonderful because it completely takes dark out of the situation. In 2P, it's great with SoS but in 1P, it just depends. Some baddies do love their dark weapons. :P I'm personally using the charm as a defense combo with FTab. In that case, Dark and Water are completely blocked.

I see. So shields and the charm are so-so in 1P....very useful in 2P. I have never 2Ped before nor think I will in the future...so probably minimal investment on my part.

I still have not used my TFR plot points and am debating whether to get the charm or brynn's sword given that my most powerful weapon is rainbow scroll :( I have a little more than 17m np and have thought about getting kelpbeard's trident from the hidden tower for a WHAMMY weapon given that my dear eyrie is not the strongest pet. Ylanas blaster looks great...but the inflation is scaring me away and I don't want to compete with Manta on her quest for a good BD set.

If you're actually willing to spend that much, KT is a great weapon overall. It get's through a G-Shield quite nicely. Prices MAY have inflated because of the plot, but I got a Pirate Captains Cutlass for only 11M on the TP.

If you're actually willing to spend that much, KT is a great weapon overall. It get's through a G-Shield quite nicely. Prices MAY have inflated because of the plot, but I got a Pirate Captains Cutlass for only 11M on the TP.

Wow Noog, that's an amazing deal! Although I guess I could recommend to our other fellow users that they can just get the cheaper SoS instead if they're more interested in the plot, seeing as plots are mainly (read: all) 1P battledome battles.

Wow Noog, that's an amazing deal! Although I guess I could recommend to our other fellow users that they can just get the cheaper SoS instead if they're more interested in the plot, seeing as plots are mainly (read: all) 1P battledome battles.

Well 11M was the TP standard at the time. All HT weapons sell for lower prices on the TP. You could easily save 1M on SoS by purchasing from a user instead.*

Normally, they probably are inflating to HT prices now. :/

Well 11M was the TP standard at the time. All HT weapons sell for lower prices on the TP. You could easily save 1M on SoS by purchasing from a user instead.*

Normally, they probably are inflating to HT prices now. :/

PCC is standard at 11m on the TP? Wow, I never knew that was the case. I know SoS can go for around 8-9m on the auctions, though, but that's a 2m discount at most.

Isn't the PCC 15m at the HT? Or was it 16, can't remember. Still, a 5m discount is pretty huge.

Ylanas blaster looks great...but the inflation is scaring me away and I don't want to compete with Manta on her quest for a good BD set.

Well, I ended up going for a Brynns Sword instead, though i haven't heard back from the person on the TP yet <_< Same with the Hanso Charm. Anybody on here willing to sell? :P

I dunno, I've never really defended before. I might give the Hat a try...and I need to go grab one of those healing scrolls.

What do you guys think of Honey Potions, or other bomb things? Should I get one, and if so, which one?

What do you guys think of Honey Potions, or other bomb things? Should I get one, and if so, which one?

Well, that's my dream! Owning the Ghoskerbomb! I would say that if money's not in your case, I would recommend GKB or else Honey potion is good! :D

Well, I ended up going for a Brynns Sword instead, though i haven't heard back from the person on the TP yet <_< Same with the Hanso Charm. Anybody on here willing to sell? :P

I dunno, I've never really defended before. I might give the Hat a try...and I need to go grab one of those healing scrolls.

Everything I've read says bombs are great for that nice chunk of HP out of an enemy. The GKB is the best out there...but would eat all your savings (and mine too). Honey potion is the best for the battler with a relative budget...at least that is the consensus.

I'm also thinking about just doing Brynn's sword since I could get it with my points. I really want a HT weapon since it will last many plots...but killing over half of my total NP count is almost emotional to bear. Again, I still wonder about how great Hanso's charm is for 1player, but Noog seems to think its important so I would go with him. 2player definately...but 1player?

Well, that's my dream! Owning the Ghoskerbomb! I would say that if money's not in your case, I would recommend GKB or else Honey potion is good! :D

Owning a G-Bomb, I must say...it's awesome.

Bombs are great for inflicting damage on the turn after you freeze your opponent. I would suggest getting one. If you want something more than a Honey Potion but can't afford G-bomb I'd suggest a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo.

Bought a Honey Potion for 750k pure, no idea if that's a good price, but at least they accepted my offer *rolls eyes*

Still looking to buy:

Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting

Ylanas Blaster

Hanso Charisma Charm

Sophies Magic Hat

Don't think i'll have enough left for a Gbomb, I think the way my set is should be fine for my purposes

Planned Set

Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting

Ylanas Blaster

Hanso Charisma Charm

Sophies Magic Hat

Downsize

Greater Healing Scroll

Thanks so much for the help!! Now i just gotta get Daisy up to level 50 for berserk, and we're all set :D

Haha, I thought so!! :D Looks like I'm getting a deal on the Sophies Magic Hat too, although prices on the TP are all over the place. But I'm buying from a friend, so I don't really care if I overpay :P

Then that just leaves...the important part - the weapons. xD Anybody want to sell me one? I might just buy a YB for 1.2m in auctions...though i don't really want to pay that much :/

Go to the trading/auctions boards. Shouldn't be hard to find someone selling a blaster.

You can probably haggle it down to 1mil or so, and resell if after the plot while the prices are still high.

Got my Sophie hat for 120k! :woot: I'm on the boards now...maybe I'll get somewhere while I'm defragging my hard drive :P

Got my Sophie hat for 120k! :woot: I'm on the boards now...maybe I'll get somewhere while I'm defragging my hard drive :P

Grats on your hat :) I just got my own Honey Potion and hat for relatively good prices considering the inflation. I never thought to use a bomb before in 1p. I tried it out and was impressed.

Great work Manta. How about the other "offensive" weapons?