Harry Potter Fans ONLY!

Spirited Away

28 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want to be have if you were in Harry's World?

• Auror
    • Professional Quiditch Player
    • Hogwarts Proffesor
    • Dragon Tamer
    • Minister of Magic
    • Hogwarts Headmaster/Headmistress
    • Hogwarts Prefect
    • Head Boy/ Head Girl
    • Gamekeeper/Groundskeeper
  2. 2. What's your Patronus?(Take a TEST first online)

• Female-Doe/Buck-Male
    • Rabbit
    • Cat
    • Fox
    • Eagle
    • Horse
    • Swan
    • Werewolf
    • Dog
    • Phoenix

Professional Quiditch Player! I'm a really good catch and I throw really far so I could be a Chaser or a Seeker. I'd rather be a beater for the Foulmouth Falcons though! Or a Treasurer Hunter. The magical world prolly has all sorts of mysterious things, I'd just travel all over the world, find them, and put them in wizard mesuems. I'd be just like Indiana Jones, only with magic.

And um 5 billion stars. I'm usually a hater of the movies ever since they switched directors, but I got to see it on premier night back to back with part one in 3d and I was just floored with how well they did it. Like, completely blown away! I want to see it again!

I'd probably be a Squib. :[

Also, I am probably the only person who is legitimately upset by the fact that Hannah/Neville got married instead of Hannah/Ernie and Luna/Neville. (Though I haven't seen the last movie yet, so I don't know whether they changed that.)

• 2 weeks later...

Movie? i'd give it one star. I hated it. It was terrible.

They changed the emotional tone of the book in almost every way, turning it from the bittersweet, thrilling conclusion to my childhood, into a typical summer blockbuster, complete with retarded lines that were only there for laughs. Seriously, McGonagall? "I always wanted to use that spell!"???? That was more OOC than most fanfiction. I could go on, but I'm tired of ranting about this movie.

Plus they messed up Ron and Hermione's kiss

There's a reason why I don't like watching movies. Books are almost always better. They should just go the Sherlock and Game of Thrones route and just make everything into BBC miniseries. They'd be a lot better than these crappy movies.

WORD. They messed up my OTP since like age 12! D:< I liked it the first time I saw it with the crowd of screaming Harry Potter fans, but when I saw it again (yes, I have no life) the excitement had worn off and I noticed how crap it was. Happened with all of the movies, except the first.

As for the poll, where's my St. Mungo's Healer option? lol

WORD. They messed up my OTP since like age 12! D:< I liked it the first time I saw it with the crowd of screaming Harry Potter fans, but when I saw it again (yes, I have no life) the excitement had worn off and I noticed how crap it was. Happened with all of the movies, except the first.

As for the poll, where's my St. Mungo's Healer option? lol

OMG SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME!!! *hugs*

Yeah, the movie franchise has been frankly disappointing. :/

Have any of you joined Pottermore? I can't decide if it's worth it or not to stay up to 3 and try

OMG SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME!!! *hugs*

Yeah, the movie franchise has been frankly disappointing. :/

Have any of you joined Pottermore? I can't decide if it's worth it or not to stay up to 3 and try

I have a username but I'm not actually into the beta yet. :\ It should be easier to get in now, most of Tumblr already has an account lol. And man, I can't say I'm a fan of the username system. I don't want numbers in my name!

I have a username but I'm not actually into the beta yet. :\ It should be easier to get in now, most of Tumblr already has an account lol. And man, I can't say I'm a fan of the username system. I don't want numbers in my name!

Yeah, it sounds kinda weird...I don't like the idea. It's probably to prevent account stealing and such.

Whatever, looks like the early access period is over anyway. I don't need another distraction

*is somewhat disappointed*

They changed the emotional tone of the book in almost every way, turning it from the bittersweet, thrilling conclusion to my childhood, into a typical summer blockbuster, complete with retarded lines that were only there for laughs. Seriously, McGonagall? "I always wanted to use that spell!"???? That was more OOC than most fanfiction. I could go on, but I'm tired of ranting about this movie.

There's a reason why I don't like watching movies. Books are almost always better. They should just go the Sherlock and Game of Thrones route and just make everything into BBC miniseries. They'd be a lot better than these crappy movies.

omgggsh! Manta, I completely agree with you. They COMPLETELY screwed Hermione and Ron's kiss. Though, I think it'd be pretty hard to make Harry Potter into a miniseries....

Yeah, it sounds kinda weird...I don't like the idea. It's probably to prevent account stealing and such.

Whatever, looks like the early access period is over anyway. I don't need another distraction

*is somewhat disappointed*

Manta! If you want a pottermore account pm me. I made one for my sister, but she already has one now >.>

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

omgggsh! Manta, I completely agree with you. They COMPLETELY screwed Hermione and Ron's kiss. Though, I think it'd be pretty hard to make Harry Potter into a miniseries....

Manta! If you want a pottermore account pm me. I made one for my sister, but she already has one now >.>

PM'd!! :D

Hmm, on the contrary, I think the idea of a series would fit the books much better than the movies did. 10 hour-long episodes per book (well, 45 minutes, or however long they are) would allow for far more detail and plot coverage. I'm not a huge fan of the book-to-movie phenomenon, since many things must be cut, but after seeing Game of Thrones done so well, I think that Harry Potter would translate very well into TV series form. Maybe not miniseries though, I may have misused the term ^^;

That said, I think Wheel of Time would also be an excellent candidate for a tv series. Man, that would be fantastic. Probably won't happen though. Harry Potter has plenty of money behind it though and is well established in the popular media. It's a proven moneyspinner. A major problem in the way of such a series would be the fact that we associate the movie cast very strongly with the characters, and to get different characters would be...strange.

PM'd!! :D

Hmm, on the contrary, I think the idea of a series would fit the books much better than the movies did. 10 hour-long episodes per book (well, 45 minutes, or however long they are) would allow for far more detail and plot coverage. I'm not a huge fan of the book-to-movie phenomenon, since many things must be cut, but after seeing Game of Thrones done so well, I think that Harry Potter would translate very well into TV series form. Maybe not miniseries though, I may have misused the term ^^;

Ahhh that's true! Game of Thrones is AMAZING. Really refreshing after seeing so many poorly-done book-to-film projects. Though I do think that HP could have been done well in film format too, if written with better adaptations that were truer to the book, not just catered to casual film viewers. But it's all about the cash, lol.

The movie was okay. I absolutely hated the fight scene with Voldemort, typical that they had to turn it into an action scene rather than in the book, where they were mostly talking. And what was with the line "let's finish this the way we started... together" :sick01:

And I agree that they messed up Ron and Hermione's kiss! I loved the way it was done in the book. The movie was pretty short too, I would have loved if it had been longer (but that they'd cut out the last scene). Harry Potter movies always seem so rushed, the last two didn't really manage to invoke the level of preparation, planning and apprehension that went into most of their plans in the last book.

I understand that movies need to have different interpretations to books, but as much as I enjoyed this one, it kind of drove me crazy. And I don't think enough was explained. I went to see it with my boyfriend who hasn't read the books (I know, blasphemy) and I was having to explain a lot to him.

Does anyone else dislike Ron as much as I do? All he does is complain, act jealous, act dumb, or act poor. Did I mention that he acts jealous? I also think that Rupert Grint leaves something to be desired. Am I alone here?

Yep, Ron is the worst character. He is not brave at all, compared with like Harry and Neville, he just annoys me. I suppose you always have to have characters with flaws though, and it would be pretty hard to be Harry Potter's best friend.

I'd give the movie 4/5 ... but I feel they didn't spend enough time on some parts ... like Fred's death for example ... plus I was really shocked to see Hagrid in the forest ... I believe they actually told us that Voldy took him in the book ... but in the movie Harry just showed up in the forest and it was like 'oh! There's Hagrid!'

I'm not too fond of the actress who played Ginny .... she seemed really monotonous and she hardly has lines lol.

This movie is by far one of the best Harry Potter movies tho ... super exciting and extremely emotional D:

I liked the Goblet of Fire best ;)

I still love Harry Potter tho ... if I had to rate the series out of 10 I'd give it 10 000!

I'm too lazy to find out ... but what is this mass obsession with Pottermore ... some game?

4/5 stars

Movie didn't live up to its hype, but definitely one of the best movies this summer. :laughingsmiley:

Oh, and of course I would be a professional quiditch player. Who wouldn't want to fly on a broomstick? Well...maybe if you were afraid of heights...